Happy Birthday, Taeyeon.

봄날 (How great is your love)

10:44pm, March 9 2010, Spring, Taeyeon’s birthday, Days left: 7.

 

“Hey Taeng.” Wooyoung walked in the same hospital room. There was Taeyeon again, in deep sleep on her hospital bed. “Are you purposely doing this to me? Sleeping whenever I visit?” He joked and sat down on that same chair again beside her bed. He stared at his girlfriend and he fixed her fringe for her.

 

“Happy birthday, dork.” He whispered silently and he hoped she could at least hear that one simple sentence from him. “Please wake up. Please?” He begged of her just like when she did of him last year on Christmas eve. He held onto her hand once more, bringing it up to his face and caressing himself with her hand.

 

“W-Wooyoung...” Wooyoung closed his eyes. Taeyeon’s voice was calling him. Him missing her so much had made him imagine of Taeyeon’s voice, that voice that made everyone’s hearts melt, especially his. “Wooyoung...” That voice echoed once more along the mute hospital room. Wooyoung then realized, this wasn’t his imagination. It was too perfect to be his imagination.

 

He immediately looked up to see an awake Taeyeon smiling at him with those cute teary eyes of hers. Wooyoung embraced and kissed her forehead with much longing. Taeyeon giggled weakly and she tried her best to take hold of him. Wooyoung stopped when he felt Taeyeon’s hands land on his shoulders.

 

“I’m sorry.” She apologized unexpectedly and Wooyoung wondered why. “Sorry for what?” He asked her as he cupped her face and wiped her tears for her. “For everything; for always being asleep, for not being able to be with you, for making you worry-”

 

Wooyoung cut her off by placing his lips over hers. “Stop being sorry. You have nothing to be sorry of.” He told her in a heartfelt manner. Taeyeon started tearing up again.

 

“Wooyoung, I’m so tired. I’m so tired that sometimes in my sleep, I just wish to never wake up again, because even when I try to do the simplest things, it’s hurting.” Taeyeon pointed to her chest, tapping it harshly with much force left of her. “It hurts too much that I can’t bear it anymore.” Wooyoung seized her hand and stopped her from hitting herself. He took her in his arms, rubbing her back softly while whispering: “Please don’t do that. I get hurt more if you hurt yourself.” Taeyeon held onto Wooyoung’s embrace, crying endlessly.

 

11:36pm.

 

That same night, Wooyoung walked down the dark street, his head pre-occupied with thoughts about Taeyeon and Taeyeon only. He strolled endlessly, completely unaware on where he was heading to.

 

And then it happened.

 

Everything was just too quick.

 

A drunk driver had been carelessly speeding up and not caring on the road he was passing on. Wooyoung too, was heedless of his surroundings until the truck’s bright headlights snapped him back to reality. But it was too late before his mind started telling him to move. Wooyoung crashed himself hard onto the huge truck before him. He fell down the gray road with scarlet liquid gushing out of his head.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Jang had rushed in the emergency room sobbing and yearning to see their son. Jang Wooyoung has been considered to have died on arrival to the hospital. Mrs. Kim fell down to her knees seeing her son lying down lifelessly on a hospital bed. The emergency crew had decided to leave them for a while for some privacy. Mrs. Jang yelled her son’s name repeatedly while Mr. Jang tried to hold her down.

 

Just then the doors slammed open and Taeyeon, in her patient’s clothes, came rushing in. She tightly hugged Wooyoung’s stone-cold body and she cried bitterly for him. While Mrs. Jang screamed Wooyoung’s name, Taeyeon whispered his, mumbling it softly under her breath.

 

9:13pm, February 15 2010, Winter.

 

Wooyoung was in his room, sitting down on the edge of his bed. He sunk his face into his hands and he sighed deeply in exhaustion. The pitiful words kept echoing in his mind and it hurt him so much that he even blamed himself for Taeyeon’s condition. He wanted to help her. She would die if he wouldn’t. He was so desperate to do something.

 

“Wooyoung dear, can I come in?” The gentle voice of Wooyoung’s mom could be heard from the other side of the door. Wooyoung responded with a soft yes. “The maids told me you hadn’t eaten dinner. Aren’t you feeling hungry?” She asked with much concern. Wooyoung shook his head frailly without even having to look at his mom.

 

Mrs. Jang sat down beside his son and she gave him a hug. “I know that you’re worried for Taeyeon. We’re worried for her too, but please, you know Taeyeon wouldn’t like it if you do this to yourself.” Wooyoung pulled himself back and he looked at his mother’s distraught eyes. “I want to do the transplant.” He spoke. Wooyoung’s mom gasped faintly. “W-Wooy-young...” She stuttered and was unable to complete her sentence. “I don’t think I’d last a day living without her. If she dies, then I’d probably die as well.” Wooyoung smiled sorrowfully. “Better spare one than lose two.”

 

“Don’t worry now my son. She’s going to live... through you.” She whispered.

 

 

A/N: Okay, I've got three things to be sorry of. First, sorry for any mistakes. Second, sorry for the very late update. And thiiiiiird, I'm sorry for the crappy header. Reason? I just had some problems the week before, but I'm fine now. More than fine, actually. :D ANNNNNND. I'm already done writing the last chapter. I just need to make a header for it then I'll post it soon. =)) Bye nao.

 

KIM TAEYEON, LIKE A BOSS.