"She's not pretty at all."

Prettier Than You

[I had this chapter written down but then when I clicked submit I lost internet and lost everything so I had to type it again :c Again, italicized dialogue is said in Mandarin! Gotta love how UNIQ is bilingual and stuff.]

The class fell into a rare silence, as they finally had something they were interested in as senior students other than graduating: a new student would always be interesting. A girl entered the class soon enough, her head down with her black hair covering her face, obviously finding the situation where at least 30 pairs of eyes are on her extremely awkward. Mrs. Park, the teacher, asked her to introduce herself.

"Hi," she said, finally raising her head up. "My name is Han Eunmin. Uhm, I'm from China, but I'm half-Korean."

A moment or two passed before someone suddenly said, "wow, you're really pretty."

Eunmin mumbled a small "thanks" and kept her head down again, but the damage had been down. Soon, a hushed but still loud murmuring filled the class, as the students, both girls and boys alike, began talking amongst themselves. Eunmin was asked to sit in the middle of the class, where she could easily hear what was being said around her, and that included one, clear comment: "She could be prettier than Yibo."

The boys of UNIQ were all seated at the back, but they all heard the comment regardless.

Yixuan tried not to laugh.

Sungjoo did laugh.

Wenhan chuckled.

Seungyoun snickered.

Yibo, who hasn't really been paying attention to what was happening this whole time, finally raised his head up.

"What was that?" He said, louder than he wanted it to be. All eyes were suddenly on him. 

"She is prettier!"

"Jongshin's right," another student piped up. "Guess who's losing the Prettiest Stu--"

"I am not losing that award," Yibo said calmly, but with an ice cold look in his eyes. "She's not pretty at all."

A collective sound of "ooohhh" filled the classroom, as finally Eunmin looked back at him, and Yibo got his first good look at her. Regular eyes, regular nose, regular mouth, even just plain black hair- no way is she prettier. She did look rather annoyed, though.

"Look, I don't want trouble, nor do I want whatever award that is," she snapped. Yibo scoffed, but had to admit he was taken aback. Never in his years of being a kingka did anybody talk back at him. Who did this new girl think she is?

"What did you just say?"

Seungyoun began laughing loudly, till he was hushed by Yixuan.

"Settle down," he said sternly. "Eunmin, he's sorry--"

"I'm not sorry."

"Yibo will be sorry soon enough," Yixuan continued smoothly. Eunmin just gave a small nod before turning back to the front. Her two seatmates, a girl and boy respectively, immediately began talking to her. 

Sungjoo grinned, "wow, I never saw Yibo react like that before."

"He's scared because it's true," Wenhan said with a small laugh. "She is pretty, you gotta admit."

"If you date her I swear I'm disowning you as a friend," Yibo deadpanned, but only got another laugh in return.

"Don't you still have that girl from the lower year?" Yixuan asked. 

Wenhan shrugged in reply, "I guess."

"Sometimes I think they forget our Chinese is limited," Sungjoo said to Seungyoun, who grinned widely in response.

"At least that way I can ignore that Yibo said we can't date her."

"You understood me just fine!" Yibo snapped, glaring at the other boy who continued to smile cheekily.

"I don't understand you," he said. "I'm Korean."

Yibo rolled his eyes. He wasn't worried that much about Seungyoun, but Wenhan? Wenhan was always going on about finding the right girl that in his "quest for love" thing, he began to come out as some kind of playboy in the school. Yibo found it all stupid, really. Girls were nothing but trouble anyway. Especially that new girl, Han Eunmin. She's not pretty at all. Definitely not prettier than him. She's not pretty.

"Yo, quit muttering 'she's not pretty' and just face the facts," Seungyoun nudged him out of his thoughts. "You're jealous of her."

"Jealous?" Yibo exclaimed loudly, but it was thankfully drowned out by the bell ringing for the next class. "Why would I be jealous of nothing?"

"Nothing? Did you even get a good look at her?" Sungjoo continued. 

"I don't care," Yibo huffed, looking away.

"Children, shut up," Yixuan announced. "It's almost time for science class."


Oooohhh Yibo's beauty is challenged, Eunmin is generally annoyed, and is Wenhan serious about his claim? Who knows?  I don't.
I hope you guys like this chapter!

As usual, here's the "please stay for Yibo" gif:

//cries because he looks so good in red!!