"I have to find her prettier than me. So far, nobody is."

Prettier Than You

[I've been 10000% distracted by the boys of Seventeen lately I'm sorry Yibo bby for my short attention span I still love you but damnit Junghan why do I always go for the pretty boys]

Yibo spent the rest of the classes juggling between sleeping and doodling on his notebook. High school lessons were nothing but a bore to him lately, since he passed all his classes anyway even if he didn't listen. Seungyoun always complained that he must be paying somebody to take his tests for him but Yibo would simply smirk and say that some people were just born with everything, and he was one of those people.

"Looks and brains," Yibo was saying again once they were all headed to the cafeteria for lunch. "I have that. Does she?"

"Yibo," Sungjoo said with a sigh. "You've been talking about the new girl all day."

"Yeah," Wenhan agreed. "Are you sure you didn't develop a crush on her?"

Yibo stopped in his tracks, "a crush?!"

"Come now," Seungyoun started to push him slightly to get him to move again. "We don't need to block the hallway to discuss your crush."

"It's not a crush," Yibo glared at the other four. "I don't have a crush on her. She's not up to my standards."

Yixuan scoffed, "what standards? You don't even date."

"He's right, you know," Wenhan smirked. "How can you know what reaches your standards if you don't even have a base for it?"

"I do have a base for it," Yibo said smoothly. "I have to find her prettier than me. So far, nobody is."

"Eunmin is prettier than you," Sungjoo reminded him and got an ice cold glare in return.

"She is not," Yibo stressed the last bit. "The basis is I have to find her prettier than me. It doesn't matter what you guys think."

The five boys made their way to the cafeteria to their special table right in the middle of the room where everybody can see their faces. Food in their school was particularly delicious, compared to others, since it was funded by none other than Yibo's own family. Their best dish would be the Wang Tofu Ramen with a recipe that Yibo came up with himself- not that he let the school know of that, but the other boys of UNIQ were well aware how he liked to cook now and then. It didn't match his image at all.

Seungyoun looked down at the food on their table happily, "I missed this."

"You come over my house every week," Yibo reminded him. "It's the same thing."

"It's different with better company," Seungyoun joked and earned a fry being tossed his way. 

Yibo glanced around the cafeteria, wondering why something felt different. The usual bunch of people who would gather around them asking for pictures were missing. One or two had come up to ask them about their summer which Yibo ignored and Sungjoo answered, which was normal, but then after that... nothing. He took one good look around the cafeteria and noticed how a specific table in the corner was crowded. 

"Ah," came Yixuan's voice beside him like wise old Chinese mentor. "I see your heart made your eyes look."

Yibo chose to ignore the comment, confused about it for a moment until he realized why. In the center on the crowd, sitting down at that specific table was Han Eunmin, the new student. 

"She's stealing our fans!" He complained suddenly. "Even the girls are there, what the hell?"

"You make it sound like girls should naturally hate prettier girls," Wenhan commented. "So they're making friends with her. I would but--"

"Don't you dare."

"But then you're here," Wenhan deadpanned. 

Seungyoun chose to smile at Yibo's annoyed state, like the good best friend he is. 

"It's nice to see her have friends," Seungyoun said. "It would be better if we were friends with her though--"

Again, Yibo glared, but Seungyoun continued talking anyway, unaffected.

"We could be like the five shining boys with that one shining girl in our midst, the perfect popular group."

Sungjoo nodded, "yeah, except we're here being four shining boys with a really pretty Yibo instead. Close enough, don't you think?"

"You know what would be really funny?" Seungyoun piped up. "If by some twist of fate, Yibo ends up partnered with Eunmin or something."

"Don't curse my senior year," Yibo said, but he did consider the fact for a moment. Maybe if he did end up partnered with her, he'll get the others to see that Eunmin isn't so perfect and pretty and the hype about her will die down. If she spends time beside Yibo, afterall, surely people will see how much Yibo shined more. Yes. It seemed like a good plan. 

Still, he would rather be dead than work with the annoying new girl who was definitely not prettier than him.


Sorry it's kinda(?) late, I'm not sure what makes an update regular tbh I just update when I feel like it.
As mentioned, Seventeen is doing a dang good job keeping me occupied HUHUHU pretty boys.

"Please stay for Yibo" gif(s) of the daaaaay:
 
I TOLD YOU GUYS HE KNOWS HE'S PRETTY SELF ESTEEM LVL100000 PLS