"You are a terrible friend."

Prettier Than You

Before anything else, Yibo would like everybody to know that every unfortunate event in his life is caused by Cho Seungyoun.

Example one, was when they were in middle school and Seungyoun kicked his soccer ball straight into Yibo's chest, knocking the scrawny boy to the ground. His uniform then got dirty, but most of all, he got mud stuck on his hair and some went on his face. Seungyoun apologized for days but it took Yibo three days to fully recover and forgive the guy. It was hard to ignore him since they were neighbours, after all. 

Example two happened in their early sophomore days. Along with the other guys, they were the ruling kingkas of the school, and Seungyoun was having a little bit too much fun with everything. The amount of times he tried to set Yibo up with one of their fangirls, only to fail in the end, still has Yibo cringing. There was even the one incident where Seungyoun wondered if maybe a fanboy would do the trick. That went even worse than with the girls.

That being said, Yibo was absolutely positive that Seungyoun was to blame for what happened. He remembered vaguely how the other guy had said 'by some twist of fate, Yibo ends up partnered with Eunmin' earlier lunch time. 

Well, that was exactly what happened.

"I refuse," Yibo said after he got over the initial shock of hearing his name together with 'Han Eunmin'. He had even stood up and walked to the front of the class, ignoring the whispers of his classmates and the "Yibo, don't do this" that Yixuan muttered, as he stared right at their teacher. 

Their economics teacher, Mr. Heo, merely let out a loud sigh.

"The partners are final, Yibo. You can't change it, no matter what you say."

"I'm dropping this class then," Yibo stated simply.

"You need this class to graduate."

"I just don't want to work with her," he stressed the last word greatly, throwing a glance towards Eunmin. To his surprise, she looked just as annoyed as he did. When their eyes met, she rolled her eyes and looked away. Yibo scoffed.

"She doesn't want to work with me either," he argued again, but only to be shooed away by the teacher. Frustrated, he stomped his way back to his seat- but not before he stopped beside Eunmin's chair first. He waited until she was looking at him before he spoke.

"Look, I--"

Eunmin interrupted him, "I don't know what your problem is with me, but if this is about earlier then I would prefer if you could forget it because I'd rather not fail my class."

Yibo stared, eyes wide because did she just interrupt him? However, her interruption happened to be what Yibo was going to say. Failing was not in his vocabulary. Fortunately, finding another person prettier than he was wasn't either, so the new girl before him still looked plain and simple and honestly what did all the other students see in her? He didn't realize he was glaring at her until Mr. Heo spoke again in front.

"Wang Yibo, get back to your seat."

Yibo kept his glare all the way to his chair, however, but this time it was directed towards the boy sitting to his right. Seungyoun was trying hard not to laugh, but found it hard considering that Sungjoo was already laughing beside him. He broke into a fit of giggles a few seconds later, earning him a colder glare from the Chinese boy. 

"You are a terrible friend," Yibo commented. 

"I did absolutely nothing," Seungyoun replied back, grinning. "I don't control the future, man."

"I'd like to exchange partners with you," Wenhan started to say, ignoring how Sungjoo started to complain because he happened to be Wenhan's chosen partner. "But I don't think you'd like that."

Yibo decided not to answer back to that one, quickly realizing that any answer he gave would be a trap. 

Yixuan shook his head at his friends, wondering what did he do to deserve such a crazy bunch, "Wang Yibo, did you even listen to what the project is?"

Sungjoo snickered a little when Yibo began to look confused- come to think of it, he wasn't listening in class again and only perked up when he heard his name. Yibo threw another glare at Sungjoo's direction before turning back to Yixuan and asking what he missed.

"You have to create a magazine," Yixuan stated. "It could be about anything."

Yibo relaxed a little at that, "Wenhan's family owns a magazine corporation--"

"But I'm your competitor here," Wenhan said, smiling cheekily. "I'm not sharing my resources."

Yibo and Seungyoun groaned simultaneously as Wenhan shared a high-five with Sungjoo. Yibo especially dreaded the thought that he might actually have to work hard, and even work together with Han Eunmin of all people. It was unfair how the rest of UNIQ got partnered with each other. It was like the teacher has a specific hatred towards him. 

Then again, maybe it really was just because of Seungyoun.

"Yibo, stop glaring at me!"


I'm not sure what goes on in this chapter except dundUNDUN they're partners! (of course) which means more time together as the story progresses~
also, I don't know why but I just had to add something Yibo and Seungyoun related. 

"Please stay for Yibo" gif of the day~ 

//look at his cutiepatootie smile!!!

edit: I almost forgot I started (kinda) a new story!!! still featuring UNIQ and Yibo check it here