Triumph

Nil

 

A/N: It's the start of a new year! This chapter is dedicated to all my subscribers and readers for always being there and being so ever faithful to this story even if I didn't really update so much or as often as I'd prefer! Without you guys, there's no way this story would have ever reached up to this point ever! So thanks so much to all of you out there! <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a shrill beep as Rain snapped out of his thoughts and looked at his monitor. His creation was dead and useless. The Union agents had actually managed to take it out. Now, its' battered and no longer glowing body lay on the ground, motionless. The agents all glanced at each other and then, slowly, they began to erupt in cheers. Jaebum was the only one who didn't crack a smile. Instead, he turned his revolver onto Rain, who sat in his huge chair, appearing very calm.

"Well done." Rain finally said, after getting over his initial shock. He looked right into the cold and very dark eyes of Jaebum. "You did it. Now, you can kill me." Rain said.

Jaebum didn't even react to his statement. "You've taken so many lives away..." Victoria whispered as she, too, raised her pistol and trained it on Rain. "The elderly, adults and even children... What did they do to deserve it? If you hated the Union, you didn't have to go so far to torment and torture innocents." She took a sharp breath. "I don't know why you did it but..."

"You don't know?" Rain repeated, his words echoing in his office. "I never did understand the Union that much but..." He closed his eyes. "My life changed when she... and they were gone. Snatching what I cared most about in the world... Leaving me alone to survive?" Rain's voice was now barely a whisper and the others had to strain their ears to try and hear what Rain was saying. 

"You're talking about the project elite group, right?" Wooyoung gasped out. "MBLAQ?"

"That's right." Rain turned his gaze onto the injured boy. "MBLAQ. The most promising group ever created." He shook his head. "They're dead now, thanks to the Union." He spat bitterly.

"It isn't the Union's fault." Krystal whispered. "Please don't say it as if it is the Union's fault."

"They took her away." Rain's voice lowered.

"If you mean your fiancee..." Victoria began.

"That's right. The Union is at fault." Jaebum interrupted. "What are you going to do about that? But what if we told you that the Union did try and make ammends? What if they're still alive?" TJaebum looked serious. "What will you do? You've already taken away so many lives that what you lost can barely compensate what other people lost. You only lost the people you loved. You still had your job and a life. Those people... They don't even have a future worth living for anymore. You stripped it away from them." Jaebum was starting to accuse him, intensely. "They're just innocent human beings that want to live peacefully in their lifetime with their family. You destroyed that."

Amber closed her eyes. "If you had... If you just had been a little more understanding and patient..." She whispered.

"Precisely. I didn't. So now if you could get over with it and just shoot me now?" Rain snapped. He had had enough of listening to these young children, to him anyway, ramble on and on, nagging at him. They were starting to sound like his fiancee when she nagged at him before.

"We won't kill you. That isn't our judgement." Jaebum said. "You may have caused misery among other things to the people but it is not we who will decide your fate. The people, the survivors of your cruel creations... They will decide your fate." Jaebum said. "We wish for venegance but we will accept whatever it is that the people has decided for you. That is the way of the Union. It's all for the people and never yourself."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments are loved~

Apologies for the short chapter but I had to make do with what my brain could come up with! Sorry for the late update too!

My brain is totally fried with what work and the stress. I might not be able to update for two weeks because of work and collection of my results of my examinations so... I hope you understand and will be patient with me! Thank you~