Perserverance

Nil

They were remarkable. They didn't even falter when the zombie monster threw some sort of energy balls that it created in its' glowing hands. Even though it was already hard to look at from the beginning, it was harder to look at the energy balls. They were sheer glaring and the agents of the Union had immediately spread out in formation, despite and no matter their condition. 

Of course, with Wooyoung already unconscious, there wasn't much room to spread out in seeing that both Sulli and Junho had put down their arms to try to rouse Wooyoung and then there's Victoria and Nickhun protecting them. It was rather interesting though, that a bullet shot could easily dispel the energy ball but if left alone, could incur heavy internal damage.

Rain was staring mindlessly at the same spot in the room, still lost in his memories, as the agents ducked and shot. It looked like it had no weakness but there was just so much light that no one could be sure whether they had injured it or not.

There was a sharp intake of breath when the lighted zombie suddenly disappeared and reappeared right in front of Sulli. Sulli didn't realize for a second and was wondering why it suddenly got so bright when she looked up slowly and stared right into the soulless eyes of the zombie. "Oh..." She barely managed to make out when it swiped her right across her face.

The impact was immediate. Sulli flew backwards and slammed against the wall. She let out a soft gasp of pain before her eyes rolled back into her head and her body slumped forward. Sulli had been knocked unconscious. Rage filled the other agents. 

"How dare you..." Jaebum growled deep in his throat. All of the agents were close to each other, like family, and to see one of them being abused like this didn't go in the right direction for them. Jaebum shot the remaining five bullets straight at the bright zombie.

He was not the only one though. Junho had stood up, now ignoring Wooyoung's fallen body, and shooting non-stop at the zombie. They were no longer in sync and the agents had fallen apart, each doing their own thing instead of being unified. 

"She was just a child!" Victoria was screeching as she slammed her bullets continuously into the zombie, thoughtlessly wasting the precious ammo that they had left.

Rain was pulled back into reality from his memories and he tried to catch up on what was happening. 'How...?' He wondered within, a little fearful for the girl, but outwardly, he laughed. "Is that it, dogs of the Union? Is that all you have?" He sneered.

Anger boiled through the conscious agents and they lost it to anger. With absolutely no teamwork or whatsoever, each dived into their own actions, shooting futile shots and having no success. 

"Don't let him get to you!" Somebody hissed. Wooyoung was struggling to his knees, even with that big of his injury, it seemed virtually impossible for him to be getting up. But he did. And he aimed his gun on the zombie and fired a bullet, which was so small and so useless, and yet had such a huge impact. The zombie had actually staggered back.

Rain's eyes widened considerably when the other agents started to clear their mind again. "Formation Zero." Victoria whispered. Everyone understood. Rain recognized the term but nothing in his mind clicked.

Everyone spreaded out. Chansung positioned himself right by Wooyoung's side and the others all around, forming a perfect circle around Sulli's unmoving body. "Let's do this." Jaebum said.

Everyone, in sync with each other now, shot and protected. Defending each other became instinct. A soft beep alerted Rain to his computer. He glanced down and his eyes rapidly blinked. He couldn't believe what was happening. The zombie was actually being destroyed. There were certain technical difficulties since the bullets had destroyed certain wires and areas that were vital for the zombie but the zombie had been human once. And the rotting body was having internal bleeding, so much that the body would be useless if that continued. 

Rain couldn't believe his eyes. Was he truly losing? His ultimate creation, the one that held all his rage, hatred and disgust to the human race and the Union... It was losing to young little brats like them. Perhaps he had underestimated them after all.

Rain bit his bottom lip as he watched the red alert sign become brighter and brighter as more alert signs lit up on the screen. This was not going well. Not well at all.

Rain thought now. Should he flee? Or should he just stay to watch and hope for a miracle, a reversal? But that was stupid. He would normally flee in such cases but they were young ones and these young ones had showcased such amount of talent and emotion that it would be a waste to just leave them behind. 

But then, another thought crept up into his mind. 'What if I had never given up like them? What if I learnt to control my emotions? Would I still be the me I am today? Or would I still be in the Union?'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think? It's mostly Rain's conflicted thoughts and feelings. I didn't want to make him that inhuman. It's like most of the other movies/stories/shows all already have heartless killers. I don't want that so yeah...

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Comment and share with me what you think! ^^

<3