Chapter 7

Something Like Love

            Chanyeol stays quiet until they have reached Kris’ lodging house. They are going to stay there while they are in Exo Riding Club for Siwon’s birthday.

            “We have a problem.” He and Kris are standing in the doorway of the only room in the house. “I just have one room and one bed here.”

            “You also don’t have a guest room here?”    

            “Hmm. I thought you would never talk again.” Kris entered the room and fixed the pillows and blanket on his bed. “I like to keep myself private.”

            “I think you’re just selfish.”

            “I’m just not ready to share my house with anyone.”

            That silenced Chanyeol. He really came at Kris’ life at the wrong time. But that’s not his fault, right? Kris is the one who approached him first and he didn’t force him to do it. Chanyeol also entered the room and he was surprised when Kris wrapped an arm around his shoulders.

            “So, how are we going to solve this problem?” Kris placed his cheek on Chanyeol’s head. “You’ll sleep on the floor again? Or we’re going to play rock-paper-scissors to decide on who will sleep on the floor?”

            Advising his heart to calm itself, Chanyeol removed Kris’ arm that is placed comfortably on his shoulders. “I’m too lazy to play. I’ll just sleep on the floor again.”

            “And then what? You’ll creep up on my bed again?”

            “Hey! That won’t happen again!”

            “Ah, so you finally admitted it.”

            “It was just one time. And… I sleepwalked.” What kind of explanation was that? Even he would not believe it himself.

            But Kris didn’t say anything. Instead, he just picked up the pillows and blanket. “Okay, fine. You’ll sleep here. I’ll just sleep on the couch in the living room.”

            “Why are you sleeping there? I thought you’re not sleeping unless you’re on your own bed?”

            “If it is, I would still be a right now.” Kris playfully smirked and winked at him.

            Chanyeol’s heart rate suddenly increased and it’s like there’s a bunch of imaginary animals partying inside his chest.

            “If you want to rest, just rest here, okay?” Kris said while walking out of the room. “I’ll just go somewhere.”

            “You’ll go to Mei Fen?”

            Kris suddenly stopped and looked at him. “Why do you ask? I thought no meddling with each other’s personal lives?”

            Chanyeol grimaced. “Fine. Then don’t answer it.”

            He climbed on the bed and closed his eyes to prevent his tears from falling. Damn it! Why do I need to be in this kind of situation? I don’t like it! I don’t want to be in this mess! Bring me back to South Korea!

 

            “I’ll just go to a race match with the other members.” He heard Kris said. So he hasn’t left yet. “We might finish late. So I’ll just leave my rider’s card here. Use it when you want to eat in a restaurant or you want to buy something. They will charge it to my account, don’t worry.”

            Chanyeol just nodded.

            “Yeol, are you okay? I noticed that you’re quiet since we got here.”

            “I’m fine. I’m just not in the mood to talk. Just leave already. Maybe they are waiting for you.” Maybe Mei Fen is waiting for you. He can’t accept the thought of Kris and Mei Fen seeing each other. Earlier, Kris had his attention to Mei Fen and it makes his heart hurt.

            Chanyeol immediately got up and followed Kris outside. He saw Kris ride on his jet black horse. He looked absolutely immaculate in his riding uniform, especially now that he was riding that magnificent horse. Now he really believed that he loves him very much.

            “Kris!” Kris looked at Chanyeol. I love you! Please, don’t leave me! “My stomach hurts.”

 

 

            -----------------------------

 

 

            “There’s a clinic here at the club that has complete facilities. Are you sure you don’t want me to bring you there? It’s just to make sure that your stomachache won’t worsen.”

            Chanyeol’s wish for Kris to stay with him at the lodging house was granted. Now, all he has to do is to stick with his drama of being sick.

            “I’m fine. Maybe the pineapple juiced that I drank earlier was messing with my stomach right now.” He was lying on the bed with Kris taking care of him. Chanyeol has the nerve to act like he’s so weak because of his sickness. “I already took the medicine so I’ll just wait for it to take effect.”

            “Why did you drink pineapple juice with an empty stomach?”

            “Nothing. I just like it.”

            Kris’ fingers that was caressing his hair went to his cheek and pinched him lightly. “I hope you learned your lesson well.”

            “Ouch! Why did you pinch me?”

            “Nothing. I just like it.”

            Chanyeol just laughed. Kris was beside him on the bed, lovingly his hair while he leaned comfortably on his broad chest. He felt even better. Maybe, if he is so sick, he can’t feel it as long as Kris is beside him.

            “Your friends won’t look for you?”

            “No. Maybe they will be glad because they will have less competition.”

            “I like your friends. They are all nice.”

            “You’re the only one who said that. Most of the people that I have met here, told us that we’re all handsome.”

            “You’re not conceited, are you?”

            “No. Because it’s the truth, right?”

            “Hmm, you’re all average-looking, really.”

            “The guys will be mad once they knew you’re calling them average-looking.”

            “Why are you not mad?”

            “Because I’m confident that I’m handsome enough for your eyes.”

            “What are you saying?”

            “I always catch you looking at me, Yeol. Don’t you think I never noticed?”

            Oh my God! He tried to distance himself from Kris but he already trapped Chanyeol in his arms. And because Chanyeol is lying in the bed, it’s impossible to get away from Kris.

            “Where are you going? You’re sick right? Stay put.”

            “I-I’m fine now.”

            Kris didn’t let him go. “You really don’t like confrontations, do you? Okay, I’ll let you then. For now. Next time, Chanyeol, you better be ready because I won’t let you go until you tell me the truth.”

            “W-what do you mean?”

            “Nothing.” Kris pulled Chanyeol again into his chest. “Let’s just stay this way for a while, shall we? I’m sleepy anyway.”

            So, there. For a while, he owns Kris. And he thought there was nothing else he could ever ask for. He’s happy with Kris. Six months is too long, anyway. They’re just married for just a week. And Chanyeol promised himself that he’ll really enjoy his remaining days with his husband.

           

            -----------------------------

 

 

            “This is Shadowrun.”Kris gently brushed the magnificent horse’s glossy mane and coat. “He’s four years old. I’ve had him since he was a colt.

            “He’s beautiful!”

            Chanyeol also brushed the horse’s mane. After they finished their dinner earlier, Kris invited him to go to the stable at the back of his house. Kris said that he put his horse there when he’s at the club. When he’s not, he puts Shadowrun at the club’s stable so that the staff can take care of his horse.

            “Kris, why is his hair so long? And there’s also an excess hair to his legs.”

            “That’s the typical characteristics of a Friesian horse. Their breeds are also pure black in color. If there’s any color in them, that is the small white patch on their foreheads that shapes like a star.”

            “But why does Shadowrun doesn’t have a star on his forehead?”

            “That’s better actually. The marketability of him will be high if I decided to sell him.”

            “You’ll sell him?”

            “I said if I decided to. But I think I won’t sell Shadowrun. He’s been my constant friend and I never let go of a friend. You want to ride him?”

            “No, I’m afraid of heights.”

            “Come on, Shadowrun is a good horse. His trainer is excellent.”

            “Who trained him?”

            “I did.”

            “You’re really conceited.”

            Kris just laughed and climbed on the horse effortlessly. “Are you sure you don’t want to ride him? You’ll miss half of your life.”

            “Nah. I’ll just stay here on the ground.”

            “Okay then. We’ll just go around for a while. Will you be okay here?”

            Chanyeol just nodded and watched Kris with pure admiration and love as he rides that magnificent horse. The land in front of his house is vast so Kris just stayed there instead of going to the club’s indoor arena. Chanyeol fished his phone out of his pocket then took a video of Kris. He really looked perfect, even without his riding uniform.

            He hopes that he and Kris will always be like this. They are in their own world. No six month-deadline of their marriage, no parents to please, no Lin Mei Fen. They are happy with each other. He knows that Kris is also happy to be with him.

            Chanyeol stood up and went close to Kris so he can take a better video in his phone. He wants to have a souvenir even if it’s just in a form of a video.

            The horse stopped in front of Chanyeol and Kris extended his arm to him. He was trying to convince Chanyeol to ride with him once again.

            “It will be alright, Chanyeol. I just want to show you my other world.”

            Chanyeol doesn’t have an idea how Kris’ words convinced him. He just felt that he was being lifted off the ground. And then he was at the back of the magnificent black horse, with Kris securing him from behind.

            “Don’t you dare make Hollowman run, Kris. I’m scared.”

            Kris chuckled. “I noticed. Because you already forgot Shadowrun’s name.”

            “I don’t care! Just don’t let him run.”

            “Yes, Mister.”

            The horse just walked until Chanyeol relaxed. He sighed in relief.

            “Your hair is as black as Shadowrun’s.”

            There’s something that creeps Chanyeol’s body when he felt Kris’ hot breath near his ear. Especially when he noticed that Kris’ arms are around his waist while holding the rein of his horse. He had placed his chin on his shoulder. Something rumbled in his chest.

            “This is my other world, Chanyeol, the one that has no limits, no restrictions, no boundaries. This is my world wherein I can freely go to where I want to go and I can do anything I want. This is where I can truly feel that I can be happy.”

            “With your horse?”

            Chanyeol heard Kris chuckle and felt his soft lips touch his shoulders. “With you.”

            “What’s that, like in the dramas or something? Like–”

            “Chanyeol.”

            “Sorry.”

            “Did you hear what I have said?”

            Actually, not much. Because he almost became deaf because of his heart beating wildly. He had heard him all right. Chanyeol is just not sure if he heard his husband right. But it doesn’t matter now, as long as he is happy with what he heard. Just as long as he has Kris with him.

            “Make him run, Kris.”

            “What?”

            “Make your horse run. I want to be a jockey at least once in my life.”

            “Are you sure? I thought you are scared?”

            “Not anymore.” Chanyeol moved his body closer to Kris. “Just don’t let me fall.”

            “I won’t.” Kris whispered. “I promise.”

            And off they went.

 

 -----------------------------

 

Yehet! I'm baaaack! Thank you again for the upvotes, comments and subscriptions! So, how's this chapter? Just leave a comment, yeah? Kamsahamnida!~ :)