Chapter 6

Something Like Love

           Chanyeol woke up late the next day. The moment he opened his eyes, he immediately looked at the space beside him. Did he and Kris share the bed last night? He does not remember anything from last night because he already fell asleep on their way home. He reached for a dpillow and sniffed it. Kris’ masculine scent was still clinging to his bed.

            He smiled. He’s looking stupid again. What surprises him is that he doesn’t mind it at all. He likes the feeling of it. Maybe he won’t go to his restaurant today. He will let his supervisor handle everything. He already instructed her on what to do anyway.

            He wanted to spend some time with his husband now.

            He showered and dressed. He wears a white cashmere sweater and jeans. Then he went outside to find Kris having coffee with three other guys at the veranda. He doesn’t want to disturb them and went back inside when Kris noticed him. When he looked at him from head to toe, he felt shy.

            These past few days, he noticed that there are many things that he is experiencing for the first time. It was a good thing, though. Because he likes the feeling.

            “Hi, there!” One of Kris’ visitors greeted. “You must be Chanyeol.”

            “Am I disturbing you? I’ll just come back later.”

            One of them stood up and immediately stopped him from leaving. “Wow! You’re so handsome. No wonder Kris married you. By the way, I’m Kim Jongin or Kai, whatever you prefer. And I’m more handsome than these three losers.” He pointed at them.

            “Kai, don’t take interest in Chanyeol because Kris might punch you, you know.”  

            “Just let him be, Sehun.” The man wearing a white long-sleeved polo said. “It will be more fun. I haven’t seen Kai sprawled across the floor.”

            “What? Is it wrong to appreciate a handsome guy? Kris, man, don’t worry. I’m just appreciating him.” Kai shook his head. “Do you have any siblings, Chanyeol?”

            “Yes, my Taejoon-hyung and Soonbin-hyung. But those two are already married.” The guys just laughed. “So, I’ll just go inside.”

            “Wait, Chanyeol. We’re not introduced to each other yet. Kris hasn’t told us that you two are getting married. We thought…” His voice trailed off and his eyes went towards Kris. “Ah, well, nevermind.”

            He got a feeling that there was a little tension with what has Sehun said earlier. But it’s immediately gone when Kris approached him and held his arm. Kai backed off.

            “These are my friends.” He introduced them one by one. “Oh Sehun, Kim Minseok and Jongin.”

            “Kim Jongin.” Kai continued. “Nice to finally meet you, Mr. Chanyeol Wu.”        

            Chanyeol shake hands with them. Kris formally introduced him to his friends. He felt so proud when he introduced himself as Kris’ husband.”

            “Kris, maybe Chanyeol would like to be the model for our company’s latest sports equipment?” Kai said. “He’s perfect for the role.”

            “Model? I’m not a model.”

            “It’s okay. You won’t be doing anything besides riding a horse and smiling for the camera.”

            “No, I won’t allow it, Kai.” Kris cut in. “And haven’t you heard what Chanyeol has said earlier? He’s not a model so give it a rest already. Look for someone else. You can find more suitable model than him.”

            Chanyeol turned to Kris. “And what do you mean by that? I’m not suitable for that commercial?”

            “I didn’t say that.”

            “I heard you.”

            “Fine. I did say that. But you still can’t do that commercial because you still have a lot of work to do for your restaurant–”

            “I think I should be the one to decide about that.”

            “Ah, you know.” Kai said. “You don’t need to argue…”

            “Just let them, Kai.” Sehun said. “It’s just a simple marital argument so you better shut up or the blame is on you.”

            Chanyeol and Kris continue to glare at each other. Why did this happen when he thought that everything is okay between them?

            “Fine.” Kris sighed. “You’ll be the one to decide on what you want to do, Chanyeol.”

            “Fine.” Chanyeol said then turned to Kai. “How much will you pay me?”

            While he and Kai are talking about the commercial that they will do, Kris, Sehun and Minseok also have their own conversation. But he noticed that Kris is not interacting with them. What he’s doing is that he keeps on looking at him and Kai.

            “The perfect location is the Exo Riding Club in Incheon, right? With all the guys… Minseok, Sehun, I want you to be a part of it too.”

            The two immediately agreed.

            “Chanyeol, let me just remind you that you’re needed for the renovation of your restaurant.” Kris piped.

            “It’s okay. The commercial is a good opportunity to promote my restaurant.” I’ll prove to you that I can be a model!

            “Kris, please admit it already that you don’t want other people ogling at your husband.”

            “Shut up, Sehun.”

            Sehun just laughed and high-fived with Minseok.

            “Perfect.” Kai said. “The shoot will start next week. By the way, Kris, Siwon said that he’ll celebrate his birthday at the riding club.

            “Bring Chanyeol with you.” Minseok suggested. “So that the other guys could meet him as well.”

            “It’s also an opportunity for Chanyeol to meet the other guys who will appear with him at the commercial.”

            “Okay, this will be a riot.”

 

 

-----------------------------

 

 

            “Are we still in South Korea?” Chanyeol asked. It’s been a few minutes since he last saw a house or any person. He’s been only seeing trees while they are passing that narrow road. “We’re like on the other dimension. Are you sure this isn’t a time warp zone?”

            “We’re still in South Korea, Yeol. And the reason why you can’t see any houses or building is that this place is the private property land of Exo Riding Club. Everything that you see, even the insects are Siwon’s property.”

            “Oh, really? Cross your heart and hope to die?”

            “I’ll respond to that in my next life.”

            Chanyeol sighed while thinking about the riding club on that secluded area. “How did you know about this place, Kris? Because in my opinion, no sane person will go to this place. Look, this place has thick vegetation that no sunlight could get past it. This place is like a setting for the horror movies that I have watched.”

            “You have a wild imagination, Yeol.” Kris honked his car before turning to a curved road. “The members of the club are prominent people. When we are here, we have our own freedom to move and act without worrying about the public. And another thing, our horses are sensitive to noise so as much as possible, little to no noise should be observed.”

            “So, you love your horses more than the people here?”

            “Well, we don’t have any relations to the people living near this place. So, yeah, we love our horses more than we love the people here.”

            “How old is your club?”

            “I don’t know. Before I became a member here, some have already left and replaced.”

            “Sehun, Minseok and Kai are also members?”

            “Yes. Only guys are accepted as members of the club.”

            “Can I join this club too?”

            “Hmm, I don’t think so.”

            “Why?”

            “You’re my husband. You can get the same benefits that I am also getting as a member of this club.”

            Chanyeol secretly smiled. That’s really nice to hear.

            “We’re here.” He saw a marble marker with an ‘Exo Riding Club’ etched into it. The scary forest is long gone. It was replaced by a vast land with few trees and plants. He saw two large racetracks enclosed by white wooden panels. There is also a large stable and huge houses that are mostly Western-inspired.

            “Who owns that?”

            “The club members. Our lodging houses. Sometimes we have competitions and activities which takes a few days so Siwon decided to build some houses and sell it to the members.”

            “That Siwon is a clever businessman, huh.”

            “Yes.”

            But the most modern structure there is the clubhouse where the most of the members are seen. The color of it which is the combination of brown, gold and white makes it the most beautiful building there.

            They all looked magnificent on their horses; it was as if they were flying on air. “Wow! Kris, do you also know how to ride a horse?”

            “No member of the club doesn’t know how to ride a horse.”

            “That is so amazing!”

            The other facilities of the club looks amazing too.

            “`Ey, here comes the newlyweds!”

            Some of the members approached them and Chanyeol immediately recognized Sehun and Minseok. They are all wearing the same riding uniform – black jackets with white shirts underneath, cream breeches and black boots.

            “So Kris how’s the married life?” A man on his left said. “It suits you better.”

            “Don’t start, Key.” The man just laughed. “Where’s Siwon?”

            “Why?” Another man joined their group.

            “Siwon. Happy birthday, man.”

            Siwon playfully punched Kris’ arm. “What happy birthday? Why didn’t you tell us that you’re getting married? None of us was able to attend your wedding.” Siwon turned to him. “You’re Chanyeol? I’m Choi Siwon.”

            “Hi.”

            “Kai’s been talking about you all day. It looks like he has a crush on your husband, Kris.”

            “I hope that he falls off his horse.” Kris remarked. The boys just laughed, then Kris introduced them to Chanyeol.

            “The others are just on the fields and trying to prove to themselves on who is the best in dressage. I’ll just introduce them to you later.”

            “Ah, before I forget Kris.” Taemin said.  “There is someone here who wants to see you as well.” He waved at someone and Chanyeol’s smile left his lips when he saw who Taemin refers to.

            Lin Mei Fen emerged from the veranda looking like a princess in her red and white riding attire. Chanyeol is not the type of person who gets envious easily but now, he feels that there’s something gnawing at his heart especially when he saw how Kris looked at Mei Fen.

            “How are you, Kris?” Mei Fen asked. “You didn’t say you are getting married. I saw it on TV. Congratulations.”

            She stretched her arm in front of Kris.

             Chanyeol felt that something gripped at his heart when Kris and Mei Fen’s hands touched. There was just something special about that handshake. He can’t seem to forget that scene. He’s a bit mad at Kris but he doesn’t have the right to be mad at him.

            Because these two are supposed to be together if he didn’t get in their way.

 

 

-----------------------------

 

 

            “One pineapple juice, please.” Chanyeol ordered to the bartender. “Thanks.”

            He left Kris’ group earlier because he can’t relate to them. All they talked about were horses and their games. He left his husband with Mei Fen because he can’t seem to accept that they are together. He is jealous.

            Yes, he admits it. He doesn’t even know how it happened. Maybe he’s already falling for his husband. Now, when he asks himself when that happened, he can’t give an answer. What he knows is just it hurts to think that his husband and Mei Fen still love each other and he is a nuisance in their relationship.

            Chanyeol sighed. Before, he’s a nuisance to his family. And now, between Kris and Mei Fen. When will the day comes when he will not be a nuisance to the people around him?

            Three girls approached the counter not to order something but to accuse him.

            “Oh look who’s here! The man who snatched Kris away from Mei Fen.”

            “They say that Kris’ husband is so good looking. But–” The woman looked at Chanyeol from head to toe. “I think that’s not true.”

            “What did you do to make Kris marry you? Did you beg for him to marry you?”

            “You’re not Kris’ type.”

            “If it wasn’t for you, Mei Fen and Kris are still happy with each other. You really like to push yourself into someone else’s lives. You can’t seduce other people so you targeted a man that’s owned by another woman?”

            Chanyeol is speechless. He can’t defend himself because what they all have said is true. He’s ready to leave them when he felt someone sat beside him.

            “Hi. Is it true that you were the one that Kris married and not Mei Fen?” He’ll say his goodbye instead of answering her when the girl continued. “Well, that’s good. I never thought Mei Fen will be good for Kris. She’s too stiff. Kris needed someone with a little life in him. And it seems like he saw it in you. What’s your name?”

            “H-huh?”

            “Amber, don’t say something like that.” One of the three girls said. “You’ll hurt Mei Fen’s feelings.”

            “Since when did I care for anyone’s feelings other than mine and my Henry’s?” Amber looked at the three girls. “And you, you’re thinking about that woman’s feelings but you don’t care about the feelings of… of…” She looked at him. “What’s your name again?”

            “Chanyeol–”

            “Of Chanyeol.” Amber continued. “You’re saying bad things about Chanyeol when he’s doing nothing to you.”

            “You’re intruding Kris’ and Chanyeol’s relationship.”

            “Why do you care? You’re not even Mei Fen’s friends.” Amber placed a hand on her hip. “You’re the one who’s envious of Chanyeol because you’re trying to get Kris’ attention for so long but he’s not noticing you. You are angry because he married Chanyeol and not you.”

            It looks like Amber targeted their weakness well because the three were speechless.

            “Let’s just go girls. Just let them chase for the man that doesn’t like them.”

            Amber just glared at them. “Hah, they are so full of themselves. They are just social climbers.”

            “Thank you.”

            “You’re welcome.”

            “If you don’t like it here, why are you here in the first place?”

            “Because my fate is here.” Amber’s eyes shone when she’s looking at someone else. He knew that man. “If it isn’t for my beloved Henry, I won’t be here. The guys here are all right, it’s just that I can’t take the female guests here. They’re all social climbers. They just got a hundred million won in their bank account; they act as if they’re the queen of the world. Most of them are ill-mannered.” She sighed. “Oh, by the way. I’m Amber Josephine Liu. Or you can just call me Amber. I’m the richest here.”

            Chanyeol laughed. This woman is so funny. He accepted Amber’s hand. “I’m Chanyeol. I’m not as rich as you.”

            “It’s okay. You’re at least nice enough. I watched your wedding in television, by the way. That’s sweet when Kris put your missing shoe on your foot. It’s really cute. And you look good together.”

            Chanyeol smiled. Yes, that’s the day when he snatched Kris away from Mei Fen. Where can he get a ride out of this place?

            “I really wonder why you let your husband be with Mei Fen alone.” Amber continued. “Do you want your husband to be taken away by Mei Fen?”

            “It’s her right. Since Kris originally belonged to her.”

            “What are you talking about? She doesn’t have a right to him because you are the one that Kris married.”

            “It’s not that simple, Amber.” He looked at Kris and Mei Fen. He felt something squeeze his heart once again. “I just interfered at their relationship that’s why they didn’t end up together.”

            “I see. Well, I don’t really see but I get your point. Love is really complicated, right?” Amber looked at him. “Do you love Kris, Chanyeol?

            That can be easily answered. “Yes.”

            He hopes he can also easily explain what’s happening to him, with regards to that man he had fallen in love with unconsciously.

 

-----------------------------

Ta dah! Another update! So, let's all welcome Sehun, Minseok and Jongin *claps like a seal*. So in this story, let's assume that the maknaes (Kai and Sehun) are the same age as their hyungs (Kris and Xiumin). And other SM artists made their appearance! Yehet! Siwon as the riding club owner, Taemin and Key as two of the members, and Amber and Henry!!! I ship those two so yeah :) And oh, did I also mention that I will be also writing a story for the other Exo members? The pairings will be a surprise! :D

I will just proofread and edit this tomorrow since I had an early day and I'm sleepy. And I MAY not be posting an update for the next three days because I'll be going on a vacation. Mianhe~

I apologize for the long author's note. Thank you all for the kind comments, subscriptions and upvotes. I really appreciate it! :)