Chapter 4

Something Like Love

            Chanyeol is facing a huge mirror in the bathroom. He just finished taking a bath and he’s drying his hair with a towel. He opted for a white shirt and a cotton pajama.

            As of this moment, he can’t believe that he is married. “Chanyeol Park-Wu.” He said while looking at his reflection in the mirror. “I’m Mr. Chanyeol Park-Wu.”

            His name that he carried his whole life was changed just like that. His name can be easily changed but doing the responsibility that is attached to it is the most difficult thing to do. He looked at the gold wedding ring on his finger. Yes, he was married all right. And the lucky guy is waiting for him outside.

            He glared at the door. This was their first night together. Their wedding night. Or honeymoon to be exact.

            He won’t let Kris to be near him. He removed the towel on his head and walked towards the door. He didn’t even waste his time combing his hair.

            With the list of do’s and don’ts in their relationship in his hand, he went out of the bathroom. He glanced at the other man in this room. Kris has already changed his clothes. He’s wearing a gray wife beater and white pajama. He’s busy doing pushups on the floor.

            He can’t help himself but to watch how the muscles in Kris’ arms and shoulders are flexing. Holy cow! Why does this man’s body is so hot! Firm muscles were rippling from broad shoulders to tapered waist, tight buns, and long, sturdy legs. Maybe if he sat on his back, he can still do pushups.

            He slapped his own face. What are you saying, Chanyeol? Please calm yourself. You’re such a ert.

            He suddenly looked at the ceiling when Kris turned to him. Maybe he heard what he had said earlier. Biting his lower lip to divert himself from the fast thumping of his heart, he sat on the edge of the bed. But he suddenly stood up when his husband sat beside him.

            “We can’t sleep on the same bed,” He declared. “I don’t want to share this bed with anyone. It’s here on my list.”

            “Good.” Kris grabbed his notebook and just chucked it on the nightstand. Then he pulled a blanket and two pillows then placed it on the floor. “I also don’t want to sleep beside you.”

            “So it’s settled then? Good, good.” He’s surprised when Kris plopped himself on the bed. “W-wait, why are you sleeping there? I thought you’ll sleep on the floor?”

            “I have never slept on the floor. You are the one that will sleep there.”

            “What?” He walked towards Kris and slapped his shoulder when he tried to close his eyes. “Hey, if you can’t sleep on the floor, so am I. You are older than me so you should sleep on the floor.”

            “This is my house and this is my bed. Why would I sleep on the floor?”

            That guy has a point. But he won’t let himself sleep on the floor. He went to the other side on the bed and lay down. Because Kris is facing him, they remained like that. Facing and staring at each other. It’s like they are having a staring contest. He can win but he can’t withstand this situation. His heart is also beating wildly. But before he can do anything, Kris turned his back at him.

            “If I were you, I’ll sleep on the floor, Mister. Because I can’t really stay still when I’m asleep. Who knows, maybe I’ll do something to you while I’m completely asleep.”

            “I know what you’re doing, Kris. You just want to take advantage of me.” He also turned his back on Kris. “I’m sorry but you can’t make me sleep on the floor.”

            “Whatever. It’s your choice.”

            Chanyeol felt that the bed moved. After a second, he’s surprised when he felt Kris’ body touched his back. He suddenly got up. Kris still has his back to him.

            He turned to Chanyeol. “Oops. Did I disturb you? I already fell asleep so…”

            That jerk! He’s really getting on his nerves. He returned to their bed and planned on getting a larger space. He’s planning on pushing him off the bed. So he moved until he got the large space that he’s aiming for. But Kris made sure to get back at him. He pushed Chanyeol farther back to the edge of the bed. He can’t do anything but to kick him so that he will not fall off the bed but Kris pushed him again so he fell.

            “Ouch!” He shouted while rolling so that the impact of his fall will not be that painful.

            The handsome face of Kris was the first thing that he saw when he got up. And it looks like that jerk was enjoying everything because his eyes are shining with mischief.

            “`Want more?” Kris asked.

            “Shut up!”

            He just grinned at him. “Good night, Mister.” Then he fell back to his bed.

            Chanyeol just stayed on the floor while thinking of something. He won’t sleep on the floor tonight. He’s just wasting his time pushing each other. Talking with his husband is the only way to solve this.

            He tapped the shoulder of Kris. “We’re already married so I also own this bed, Kris. But I don’t want to waste my time, and I’m also sleepy. Let’s just solve this without resorting to violence.” But Kris just remained silent. “Kris, you can’t…”

            He quickly shut his mouth when he saw Kris’ face. He’s breathing is deep, meaning the man is asleep. He is handsome but Chanyeol can notice the tiredness and lack of sleep from Kris’ face. What did this man do a few days before their wedding? He wasn’t able to see him.

            Chanyeol was also busy these past few days anyway. He’s busy with buying furniture for his restaurant. And he’s also in charge of interviewing the applicants who wants to work with him.

            He looked at the face of the man that he would be sharing his life with for the coming six months. Kris is really handsome. And this is not the first time that he felt attraction for this man, especially when Kris doesn’t piss him off. He took a deep breath.

            Chanyeol smiled. Kris was like an angel when he sleeps. And speaking of sleep, he’s really tired and it seems like the bed is calling him. But he doesn’t have any plans on sleeping on the floor so he lay down beside Kris, and the bed has enough space anyway. They could share it without killing each other. But Chanyeol can’t sleep. His mind is with the man beside him.

            He faced Kris. He had his back to him but he can’t help but to get curious. His back is really wide and he wants to know what it feels like to plant his face on Kris’ back. Chanyeol bit at the blanket to restrain himself from leaning his face on Kris’ back. But in the end, he can’t resist it.

            “Just this one time…” Chanyeol slowly placed his palms against Kris’ back. Just testing the waters, they say. And what he did next is that he leaned his face on his back. “Hmm… nice. It’s way better than the softest pillow in the world.”

            He closed his eyes while smiling. This really feels nice. Since his mother died, he doesn’t have anyone to share his bed with. If he knew that having someone beside him when he sleep feels good, he must have done it so many times before.

            His smile never left his lips as his mind and body relaxed before he fell into a deep sleep.

 

 

-----------------------------

 

 

            Chanyeol feels like he’s in heaven when he woke up. He’s sure that he slept well last night. When he moved to check the bedside clock, he noticed why he slept well. He is leaning on Kris’ broad chest while his head is on Kris’ arm. His other arm is hugging Chanyeol while his arm is also around Kris.

            Kris moved and gently pulled the blanket up his body. They were sharing the same blanket?! He panicked and about to detach himself from Kris’ hug when his body refused to move. It’s like he doesn’t want to wake up his husband. So, they stayed that way for a while. He can’t go back to sleep, plus he is enjoying this feeling in Kris’ arms.

            Kris is still asleep so he’s enjoying his whim. He looked up at his husband’s face. There was already a trace of the early growth of beard on his chin and jaw. But instead of ruining that face of an angel, that added to his appeal. Now he looked like the rugged angel in the morning. He stirred to life. And when Kris opened his eyes, the first thing he saw is Chanyeol looking intently at him. They stared at each other for a while then they both came to their senses.

            They immediately separated and get up. A long silence enveloped both of them. Chanyeol wanted to scream. It’s so embarrassing! Maybe Kris thinks that he liked what happened. Wait, nothing has happened so why should he be embarrassed?

            “Why are you in my bed?” Kris asked. “Did you creep up the bed when I was asleep?”

            “What?!” He felt like he was splashed with cold water because of that accusation. He’ll deny his accusation not because it isn’t true but because he is guilty of what he did. But he didn’t do anything wrong. “Hey! You carried me to your bed!”

            “Why would I do that?”

            “Well, I don’t know.”

            Kris was silent for a while. “I’m really compassionate so maybe I did that to you. Okay, you can now sleep on my bed.”

            No, thank you. Maybe I’ll do something to you the next time we sleep together. Better safe than sorry.

            “Why don’t you just give me a room of my own?” Chanyeol queried. “We don’t want to share beds anyway.”

            “The storeroom is the only available room here. It’s okay for me if you chose to sleep there.”

            “Last night, you made me sleep on the floor. Now, the storeroom. Have you not heard of guest rooms? Your house his huge but you only have one bedroom here.”

            “Like what you have said, I do not have a guest room. I always liked my privacy. You are the only one who’s able to enter this house. So don’t just make a request.”

            No guest rooms? So anyone that visits his house is going straight to his bedroom?

            “This is what I am.” Kris continued. “Not because I married you it doesn’t mean I’ll change my ways just to please you. Remember, this relationship will only last for six months so I don’t need to adjust for you.”

            He faced Kris. “You’re such a bad person. Why did I agree on marrying you?”

            “It’s because of money, right?”

            “`Right. Thanks for reminding me.” He was surprised when Kris brushed his hair away from his face. “What are you doing?”

            “Do you always look like this in the morning?”

            “Yes.” Chanyeol swat Kris’ hand away from his face. “Not because I married you it doesn’t mean I’ll change my ways just to please you. Remember, our relationship will only last for–”

            “Cute.” Kris pinched Chanyeol’s cheeks. “But that’s already my line.”

            He didn’t get to respond to that when Kris stood up and headed to the bathroom. He touched his cheek that Kris pinched. It doesn’t hurt, instead it felt like he just touched it lightly. But why did he do that?

            “Is that his way to greet someone ‘good morning’?” Weird. But it was kinda cute for a gesture. Especially if it’s done by a man that he considers as an enemy. “Oh, what am I thinking? It’s too early in the morning for me to think like that.”

            He picked up his phone when it ringed. It was his father.

            “I just called to check up on you. Are you okay there?”

            “I’m fine, Dad.” Now that he heard his father’s voice, he sulked. He still can’t accept the fact that his father gave him away to someone else. “I’m okay.”

            “I just watched your wedding in the morning news earlier so I decided to call you. It was a very lovely wedding.”

            “Yeah?” He replied flatly. “You worked hard to plan that perfect wedding right?”

            His father didn’t reply. Chanyeol almost dropped the call when he heard his father sighed.

            “You’re in good hands now, son. Someone will take care of you.”

            “Dad, my husband is calling me.” He lied. “We’re going to have breakfast together so I should go now.”

            “Okay.” His father’s voice sounds sad. “Anyway, Chanyeol. I would like to say that it might us take a while to see each other. I’m going to the US to work on something. I might not call you every day because I might get busy.”

            “Sure, Dad.”

            “Chanyeol,  I know you’re mad at me. But I’m doing this for your own good.”

            He wants to answer back, to tell him that he doesn’t have a right to make decisions for him. It’s his life and he’s old enough to decide for himself. But he just kept that to himself.

            “I know, Dad.”

            “Chanyeol–”

            “I’m hungry, Dad. Call me if you already arrived in the US, okay? Take care.”

            He just stared at his phone after he talked with his father. Will they be able to fix their family? Maybe not.

            “Who called you?” Kris asked when he emerged from the bathroom.

            “My Dad.”

            “Oh, yeah? He also called last night. But I answered it because you are fast asleep. Did he already say it to you?”

            “Yes.” He looked at Kris from head to toe, his thoughts running wildly. “Kris, please. If we are in a room together, can you please not go out of the bathroom wearing only a towel? You are making me think erted thoughts.”

            Kris smirked that Chanyeol learned to hate. “I’m fine, Chanyeol. If you also want me to think erted thoughts, you can also just wear a towel when you go out of the bathroom. I won’t mind at all.”

            Chanyeol threw a pillow at Kris then marched out of the bedroom.

 

-----------------------------

 

 

Another update yayyy!!! Thank you for the comments, views, subscriptions and votes! 💕