Chapter 9 -Is That A Smile?!-

Arranged Marriage?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After awhile of sitting in my room, mulling over what my mom had said, what she had told me, and actually considering that I was a vampire, I figured what I needed to do was talk to Kris.

I wasn't looking forward to that. The last time we had talked alone, he had told me he was a vampire and I had fainted. Other than that, we hadn't actually talked alone. Besides, the other time, Lilith was in the house. Now it was pretty much just Kris and I, until someone new showed up in the castle. The fact of this matter is that I was kind of scared of Kris.

He was really intimidating. He had shown me how he could be when he got annoyed, but I didn't know what he would do if I actually made him fully mad. And I really, really didn't want to know.

I dressed in  jeans and a black tanktop with a white sweater on top of it. On my feet, I slipped on my slippers and went out of my room. I made it all the way into the dining hall until I finally realized that I had no clue where Kris went all day! I figured he must have...an office or something, being the King and all, but as if I would be able to find it in this huge place!

I stood in the dining hall, thinking about where Kris' office might be when a servant came in to dust the table. I was startled by her at first, but then realized she could be helpful.

"Oh hi! Um, do you know where Kris' office is?" I had asked.

"Go down the main hallway, it's the last door, Mr. Huang." she told me.

I followed her directions and found myself knocking on Kris' door.

"Enter." Came his voice from inside. I opened the door tentatively, not wanting to disturb him. He was busy with a letter in front of him. "Hello Tao." He said calmly, something I didn't feel.

"Uh hi. I just uh. Well you see, I was talking to my mom and, uh. Er. Did you know that there was a prophecy made about us when we were born?" I asked. Kris looked at me, bewildered.

"I did not know that." He said.

"Oh darn. I was just talking to my mom and she said she couldn't tell me what it was about, so I thought maybe you'd know." I sighed. Kris set his pen down.

"Odd. I guess I always figured that we were going to get married because of who your mother was." He told me.

"Wait what. Who's my mother? Do you know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter