Chapter 10 -Are We Soul Mates?-

Arranged Marriage?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Double update! Read the chapter before this one!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night, I figured it was time to talk to Kris about the werewolves or lycanthropes as he called them. I didn't really want to ask him about them, seeing as the whole thing seriously freaked me out. First vampires do existed, now werewolves! But seeing as he had said that his main concern of being the King was keeping the werewolves at bay, I thought I had a right to know.

Besides that, I knew Kris and I had to talk about what we were going to do about the whole getting married thing. As in, maybe we could find an out-clause or something, or maybe would could figure out our prophecy and full fill it before getting married, or something. Or if we had to get married, we had to talk about the terms of our marriage.

We sat at dinner that night and yes, I had decided to join him, currently we were on friendly terms when I decided to start up the conversation that I was really dreading, but really needing at the same time.

"So, I've got a couple things I need to talk to you about." I said to him as we ate our third course.

"Yes?" He asked, looking up at me with his intense eyes. My breath caught and for a second, I had no idea what I was talking about.

"Oh uh yeah. I just kind of wanted to know more about the were-I mean lycanthropes." I told him.

"Sure, that seems fair enough. What do you want to know?" Kris asked. I shrugged.

"Everything you think I need to know." I answered. Kris nodded slowly, obviously thinking.

"Alright. First thing you need to know is that there are two species of lycanthropes." he told me. "The first is the type you commonly see in pop-culture as just your basic 'werewolves'. They are called the Illuminatas, or The Illuminated Ones. They are the humans who are bitten. They can only take shape on The Full Moon, and while they are smarter, they are not as strong, as the second race, The Umbrias. The Umbrias are The Shadowed Ones, and they are a very, very dangerous race. The Umbrias are born as wolf and can change whenever they feel like it. Although they are not as smart as the Illuminatas and they do not have the same human capacity to feel as the Illuminatas, they are very strong and very powerful." Kris explained.

"So, why do the vampires hate the lycanthropes?" I asked.

"Easy. For as long as there have been vampires and lycans, there has been conflict. It is a matter of power. One group wants to be more powerful than the other." Kris said.

"So who is more powerful?" I asked. Kris flashed me a malicious smirk.

"The vampires of course. As if those mangy dogs could ever be more powerful than the vampires. Of course, at times, it is difficult to keep them in line. They truly believe that if they continue to just strike at random, they will be able to kill us all off. But they are very stupid because there are many more vampires than Umbrias. The Umbrias must find their soul-mate before they can have offspring, while vampires don't need to. And the Illuminatas are only good at one thing, and that is planning where the Umbrias will attack next." Kris had  told me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter