Chapter 4 -I'm The King Of The Vampires-

Arranged Marriage?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Zitao, this is Kris. Your fiance." Lilith said. I couldn't help but just stare at him. He was really tall, with a lean frame. He wore a sort of old-fashioned black suit, as if he had just stepped out of the 1800's. He had a modern hairstyle though, with bangs that swept over his forehead and into one of his dark eyes. He was paler than death...but now that I realized it, so was Lilith.

 

"Hello." I said quietly. Kris gave me a curt nod then stared at his mother.

"Can I go now?" he asked with a smooth voice with a strange, soft, chinese accent that Lilith had. Lilith sighed and then shook her head yes. He ran up the stairs quickly. She looked back to me.

"You must be very tired, dear. Let me show you to your room." she said, and led me upstairs, where I had earlier seen the footmen go with my things. We were silent for a moments, and I felt pretty awkward.

"I'm so sorry about Kris. He wasn't too keen on this whole arranged marriage thing. Practically tore my head off when I told him. But that was a month ago, and since then, he hasn't really gotten used to it, but he'll go through with it if I tell him he will." she said. I laughed nervously.

"Um yeah, me too, I guess. Only my parents told me technically two days ago, because they knew I'd try to run away if they told me any earlier." I said nervously. Lilith laughed and stopped in front of the second doorway in the long hallway that had we had walked into.

"This is your room. My room is downstairs, and Kris' room is right next to yours, should you need anything." she told me. I gulped and nodded, opening my door. "Well, have a nice sleep." she said.

"Oh yeah. Um, you too. And thanks for letting me stay here, and all." I said. Lilith nodded and walked away. I inhaled and exhaled deeply and opened the door to my room.

The room was bigger than my entire second floor at my own house. It even had a fireplace, which was crackling cozily. The walls were all gilded framed gold and really detailed. The floor was dark wood and there was an ornate rug covering it. My bed was an iron framed bed, and it looked so comfortable right now. My suitcases were sitting on the floor. I'd look around more tomorrow. Right now, I needed sleep. I undressed quickly, not even bothering to find my pajamas, and just deciding to sleep in my underpants.

I practically dove into my bed and the moment my head hit the pillow,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter