Chapter 5 -I'd Rather Starve-

Arranged Marriage?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I finally came to, I found myself on my bed in my new room. I still felt pretty weak, and took my time in sitting. I finally noticed that Kris and Lilith were sitting at the other end of my bed, and suddenly I remembered why I had fainted in the first place.

"Please don't eat me...please..." I whimpered to them. There were only two options. The first one was that they were lying about being vampires and they were crazy and were going to try and my blood. The second option was that they really were vampires and they were going to my blood. Either way, my future looked very bleak.

Except Lilith was laughing. And Kris was looking at me with an amuse expression on his face.

"Why would we eat you?" Lilith asked, between laughs. I stared at her.

"Ummmm let's see...because you think you're vampires?" I asked in disbelief.

"Well, we are vampires. But we aren't going to eat you." Kris told me, as if that would make me feel any better.

"Then what am I here for?" I asked, deciding to humor them.

"To marry Kris, of course." Lilith said. I groaned. So now I wasn't just in an arranged marriage...I was in an arranged marriage to a vampire. This day was just getting better and better by the second.

"So. I'm engaged to a vampire?" I asked bluntly, hoping that they'd just make this clear, once and for all.

"No." Lilith said, confusing me once more.

"You're engaged to the King of the Vampires." Kris said. Oh yeah. Kris had mentioned that little bit before I had passed out.

"How can you be? Your mother is still alive. Hah! I found a hole in your plan!" I told them. Lilith laughed.

"I'm not his mother, I'm just his aunt." she said. I fumed at the beautiful woman in front of me for a little, and then managed to calm myself.

"Fine. So wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter