Jungkook

Hideout

Give me my last gift

So I can’t ever go back to you

 

Jungkook stuffed the last shirt in his bag. He couldn’t stay here. Not in this place he was supposed to call home. It hadn’t been a home to him for ages, he hated everything about it. He checked his bag for the last time and looked around in his room. He had everything, it was time to leave.

 

He had left a note for his parents. They wouldn’t look for him, they didn’t care about him that much. They constantly put him down and ordered him around. It had gotten worse ever since they had found out about his boyfriend. After that he wasn’t considered a “real” son. Everything had been kind of okay until that, but after they saw him and Seokjin together everything went downhill.

 

He walked out of the door and breathed in the chilly spring air. He cursed, he would freeze to death in his thin jacket. He opened the front door and searched for a warmer jacket. His eyes fell on his father’s old jacket, the jacket his father always wore, whether it was hot or cold. Jungkook let his fingers run over the torn material. It had been used for several years. He decided to take it, it could be his last gift from his parents. Now he couldn’t go back anymore.

 

It was getting darker as Jungkook finally left the house. He walked down the empty street. He was free, he hadn’t felt this good in ages. His happiness was interrupted by his phone beeping. He pulled it out and let his cold fingers slide over the screen.

 

From Seokjin: Why aren’t you answering my messages?

 

Jungkook noticed that he had gotten a few messages in the past hours from Seokjin, but he clearly had been too busy to answer. Seokjin didn’t know anything about what Jungkook was doing.

 

To Seokjin: I was busy packing my bags, I ran away from home, sorry

From Seokjin: YOU DID WHAT?? Where will you sleep??? It’s already late!

To Seokjin: Relax, I have it planned out, I’ll go to the hideout, meet me there?

From Seokjin: I’m so sorry that you can’t stay with me, you know why.... I’ll be on my way!

 

Seokjin had a lot of problems in his family too, but that couldn’t stop Jungkook from loving him. He walked inside a 24 hour store to buy himself and Seokjin a warm drink. The light in the store was almost blinding and one of the lamps was broken so it flickered slightly, it made his head hurt. He quickly bought two hot chocolates and started walking towards the hideout.

 

The hideout was an old factory building which Seokjin’s parents owned. They didn’t do anything with it, so Seokjin had turned it to a hideout for him and his friends. It wasn’t much, a bunch of blankets, dusty couches and a barrel provided with wood to light up a fire to keep the place warm. Jungkook made himself comfortable in one of the couches and didn’t have to wait long until he heard Seokjin’s footsteps.

 

    “Here,” Jungkook said handing Seokjin the hot chocolate. As Jungkook handed it over to the older boy he felt how could the other’s hands were, it was a good thing that he decided to buy it. Jungkook noticed that Seokjin was down, his eyes weren’t sparkling like they usually did.

    “Is everything ok?” he asked as he leaned on Seokjin’s shoulder. Seokjin sighed.

    “The usual, my family, but really, is everything ok with you?” Seokjin clearly did not want to talk about it so Jungkook decided not to ask more.

    “I’m fine, I couldn’t take it anymore, I will survive, don’t worry,” Jungkook tried to assure Seokjin this, but he wasn’t buying it.

 

After explaining his money situation and how he would go to school and work a part time job to get food Seokjin finally seemed ok with Jungkook’s plan.

    “Jungkook, you know if you ever need food, don’t hesitate to ask,” Seokjin hugged Jungkook tight. Jungkook actually saw something good in his life again, he could be with Seokjin and he didn’t have to go home. He could actually do this.