New Home Pt. 1

Black & White Gumiho

---Chaerins POV---

I looked back as I took a last glance at the place we are soon to call our previous home. That house held a lot of memories, like feeling free for the first time as I ran a long distance. I could be myself at times and no one would have known because the house was a hidden place. Now I must think of my current surroundings and how I hope it works out for all of us.

 We are currently on our way to our new home and it’s been a few hours since. Honestly, Jaehyun could not be more annoying, his complaining about everything. He claims his too bored, he hates been in a van for so long, that his a bit hungry… He should be more like Haru, she is napping at the moment and not complaining.

One hour Later…

At this rate, Haru joined Jaehyun's way of complaining throughout the ride. Uncle seemed really annoyed, but somehow aunty was calmed.

-“Tell me how you do it aunty, how can you be so calmed in a van full of people that are complaining about almost everything?” Aunty laughed and said,

-“ It’s simply a mother’s gift, but anyone who tries hard enough can accomplish it as well. You see, whenever they start talking like this my mind blocks out all sounds.  Of course, sometimes it goes out of control and I have to interfere.”

I could not help a smile when she told me her method, I should try it.  Suddenly I hear someone shout out.

“There it is, we have finally arrived to our new home!”  Uncle said with pure happiness.

I looked up out the window and all I see is this beautiful house hold that waited for us.

As we entered the house I could hear the murmurs of our neighbors talking a bit. It's exiting having neighbors again, we used to have neighbors when we were kids but when we moved to the mountain house, we were lonely.

-“Kids, I forgot to tell you that we have arranged each of your rooms. Your father and I have been planning this for a while so I hope you all don’t mind.”

As aunty said that, I could see Jaehyun’s jaw drop as he heard that they had planned this long time ago but never bothered mentioning it to us. Though it didn’t matter much once we saw the inside of the house, it was such a calm place and bigger as well. It had this big bold chandelier hanging on the ceiling of the entrance. As we kept walking in I saw a nice fireplace with a wide couch full of pillows and a blanket with cool prints on them. Even the kitchen was amusing since one of my favorite hobbies is to cook. So far ive liked this place, it has a warm welcoming feeling to it.

“Unnie, when are we going to our new room?” Asked Haru excitedly.

“Why don’t we go now?”

Haru quickly grabbed on my arm.  We ran up the stairs to find ourselves with a hallway full of doors that seemed to have our names on them. One of the doors had my name and another door had Haru written on it. We walked to Haru’s door and opened it to see a beautiful room with colored flower printed on the white walls and a nice bed with light purple sheets. Then I came to realize that this might just be Haru's room. Haru was so happy with what she had seen; it had all her favorite colors and flowers. So I left her in the room as I went to the hallway and find my door. As I softly turn the door knob I sight in hope of see what I believe to be behind the door. There it was my own room. I’ve never had my own room before, if was so beautiful. I saw a big bed with tee colored sheets and white walls that had my favorite art drawings on them. I closed the door behind me as I walked in amazed with the place I am bounded to call my room. I saw a small glass desk with a wooden chair I could use for drawing sketches. As I kept searching for new details the room had, I came across another door inside. I opened it to see a bathroom that I assumed would be my own. I can’t believe this might actually be mine. As I turn and sit on my bed to admire my surroundings I heard a knock on my door. It was Jaehyun. He looked around also amazed by the beauty. He sat in my desk wooden chair and stared at me.

-“It's here, the time has come and I still can’t believe we are in such a nice place that we get to call our home. Don’t get me wrong, i’m still shaky about the situation, I loved the other house.”

-“I know what you mean… I guess a house can be called a home when you live with the people you love and develop nice memories we can look back too. I promise to make as many memories as I can for this house. That way we can truly call it our home in the future.”

Just like that we found ourselves relieved by the situation. Later on that day we helped putting the boxes in the house and started unpacking as much as we could. The process of unpacking all our belongings took a few days, but we managed to finish near that same week. Still after does few days, we will need more time to fully realize that were finally here to stay.