The Begining

Black & White Gumiho

February 24, 1998:

Its Valentine’s day, everywhere you go there’s couples whom confess their love for each other. There was this one couple that was different from the others; they knew what their love meant. For better or for worse, they must keep each other in the strength of protection. Not from others, but from each other. That's because this beautiful woman, with the name of Chaewon, has her family’s blood that carries the gifted curse of a gumiho. The only man that has loved her enough to know and accept her true self was Lee Jiseok. As part of been a gumiho, Chaewon was able to conserve herself and live longer than humans, there for she was older than Jiseok. He found her long time ago; he helped her control the emotions that influenced her true self. After so many years of abnormal situations, they have always taken Valentine ’s Day to spend it like a normal couple at the beach. Somehow they found comfort in the nature of human cultures, such as watching the sunset behind the soft current waves.

They brought a basket full of food for them to enjoy, and Chaewon was amazed by how many people have gathered around this year at the beach. It was usually nice and solitary, but she didn't mind.

-“Its all just wonderful! The sun shines every Valentine's Day just how we like it. Its all so calming.” Jiseok stared at her as she admired her surroundings.

-“I’m glad your happy.” Said Jiseok as he stared into her eyes. She stared back at him and kissed him. Been there with no worries made them both very happy.

 They seemed to be running out of water so Jiseok went out to the nearest mini market to buy some. She hoped the sun will not move until he came back so they could watch the sunset together. Chaewon sat there for awhile waiting for him to arrive, but it was too late. The sunset had already begone and he still hasn’t arrived. Having all these sudon distractions, she forgot that night was a full moon. It was dark, and been a gumiho is something she can't control during a full moon... 

When she saw the moon, panic took over her emotions.The problem about transforming at that place was her suroundings full of people that could discover her. She started running away from everyone as fast as she could. Even when she wasn't in her gumiho form, people were shocked of how fast she could run. Chaewon felt her heartbeat increasing, she started sweating, her nails started to grown, her hair turned white, her eyes turned blue and suddenly nine tails appears behind her. The beautiful girl that she was before has left, now she was an angry and hungry beast in need of meat.

 

 At that same moment a couple was also spending their Valentine's Day together on some rusty swings set at the park.  The girl fell off the swing, scratching her knee and bleeding a little. Even if it was just one drop of blood, Chaewon smelled it from miles away.

-" Oh no! You're bleeding, let me look for a band-aid." he turned around to look for somehe always keeps in his backpack.

-" Of course, my lovely boyfriend is always prepared for anything!" Said the girl as she smiled while she sat on the ground.

The guy was looking through his bag when he hears a sound of agony. Slowly he turned around not knowing what might be behind him. Once he did his entire body felt weak, his legs began to tremble. Above her was a creature with a mouthful of blood, her claws buried deep into her body and blood all over her body.

-" Areum!" As Chaewon heard his scream, she came back to her senses. She looked at her  hands covered in blood, and she could taste blood in .

-" I-I-I'm sor--" Chaewon was slowly standing up but the guy threw himself crying next to Areum.

-" Taejoon-ah… It… hurts…" said Areum, every time she spoke she was in pain.

-" I know, I know." Taejoon said as he held her in his arms.

Chaewon saw people coming close with phones on their hands, so she ran away. Taejoon saw her run away, his eyes were filled with anger.

 " I'll kill yu-you monster!" he yelled loud enough for Chaewon to hear him from afar.

 She stopped from a couple miles away, as she heard the cries. She could not help the tears that started to fall from her eyes. The only thing that was going through her mind was her child, the baby she was carrying inside of her. It was going to be half gumiho, just like her self. She continued running while tears were falling down her cheeks.

While this was happening, Jiseok was looking for Chaewon, she wasn’t in the beach as he had left her. He tried looking for her everywhere even near the park, he even went in the girl's bathroom. After looking for her for so long, he stopped and looked around. Suddenly, he saw some police cars going to the same direction as where people were running at. He started running to that same direction, and he somehow knew that whatever situation had gone, it had to do with Chaewon.

Jiseok was right, there was a girl laying in the floor covered in blood. He started running again, he had to find Chaewon before anyone did. He ran to her hiding place,and there she was. She was crying down her knees so he ran next to her and hugged her tight.

- " I'm a monster…" said Chaewon sobbing.

Jiseok hugged her even tighter.

- " No you’re not…"

When Chaewon explained  to Jisoak what happened, he got mad for awhile but he managed to understand.

 Months passed since the incident, but people were still looking for the 'beast'. Chaewon had to spend most of her days hiding during that time. They didn't want to risk anything, that's why Jiseok was the one who took care of her necessities and gave her weekly visits. Sadly he could not spend every day with her since his family kept him busy as well.

 About nine months have passed and now the police have given up on the search of the monster by telling people that the attack was created by a wolf.

Chaewon was now in her hiding spot as usual, but suddenly her water broke. She started screaming in agony as she started the contractions.  Jiseok was out getting some groceries for Chaewon so he wasn’t aware of the situation. She did her best to stay calm and wait for jisoak to come by and hopefully help her. As time passed her pain grew stronger, but Jiseok was able to come home on time. As he heard her say she was in labor, he quickly got his car keys and drove Chaewon to the hospital. As they got there, she was quickly assigned to an emergency room.

-“It’s a girl!” said jiseok as the doctor gave his the baby and she lay on his arms.

After he felt his first child he passed her on to Chaewon.  She looked exhausted but still managed to open her eyes wide enough to realize she was holding her baby girl in her arms and smiled.

-“What should we name her?” said Jisoak.

-“Chaerin… Lee Chaerin” said Chaewon with ought hesitation.

Then suddenly she closes her eyes and the heart monitor shows no heart beat.  She has suddenly left this world with no warning, but still she will remain in the memory of many people.  

*16 Years Later…