Uncovering V

XX and I

       My mind was filled with what Jungkook had said about Taehyung and why he was so sensitive about me going near him. So many things were out of place and I shook my head to dump all my thoughts out. And plus, I had to focus on getting my homework done before Taehyung came back. He was always so annoying about offering to go over it. I smiled at the thought, perhaps I'll let him today.

       A few hours passed and Taehyung still wasn't home. Before we left school the other day, Taehyung had told me that he needed to be somewhere and won't be home until later. I assumed he had something to do for school or a club but then Taehyung wasn't the type to join clubs and socialize when be didn't have to. Something was definitely odd. I closed all my books and cleaned my work area like I do everyday after finishing my homework. I headed to the kitchen to grab a snack when I looked outside big screen window. 

       I remembered being out there with Taehyung and that stranger named Mistro. He seemed to be at odds with Taehyung or rather, the other way around. I kept looking until a flicker of movement captivated my sight. My immediate thought was Taehyung. What was he doing outside? i quickly rushed back to my room and the snacks onto my bed. I grabbed my sweater and pulled on some jeans. 

       The night air was cold but it was a good kind of cold. I saw a shadow near the street lamp a few minutes earlier and I headed towards that direction. I quickened my pace and carefully made my way past the shurbs and thick bushes as I was taking a shortcut. A not-so very good shortcut, I tripped and almost fell to the rough ground but someone caught me. My heart beat faster as I dared to see who it was. Relief, then confusion settled within my mind. It was Taehyung.

       "Yah Park Riyeon, I told you not to go about at this time. You never listen to me, do you?" Taehyung looked into my eyes while holding me from my fall.

       "Y- You're not the boss of me, stupid." I replied. Taehyung didn't seem angry and he looked as if he was smiling. 

        "Is that something you should call your savior of the night?" Taehyun said while letting off a small chortle. 

        "What's so funny? Stop teasing me, savior." I said sarcastically. 

        He came closer and ruffled my hair, which was both sweet and annoying at the same time. I was still curious as to why he was out and about at this hour, but I decided he will tell me if he really wanted me to know. I left it at that. 

        "Where's Mrs. Park?" Taehyung asked. 

        "She went grocery shopping to picl up a few things. You know, the usual. Come on, let's go home now." I replied nonchalantly.

        "Hmmm, then does that mean that there is only the two us?" Blood rose to my face as he teased me again. "You know what this means, right?" Taehyung mocked at full speed.

        "I broke away from his gaze and hold and punch him in the arm." Wow, the night sure gives you the confidence now, doesn't it?" My face was still flushed and I did my best to hide it. 

         Taehyung lightly nudged me as he walked past and gestured for me to follow him back home. 

         "Yeah, you teach anything but the art of seduction. I totally forgot." I quietly muttered to myself and I picked up my pace to catch up.