Of Chit Chats and Cheesy line

Of Sincerity and Serendipity

“What table number did you get, Oppa?”

“I haven’t look at the paper yet, I was looking for you.” He can’t help but flash his bashful smile again.

“Oh, its number 7.” He looked around, surprised to see that its the same table in front of him now.

“Do you mind if I sit beside you?” He is holding his breath for her answer, a little bit unsure if she might not like it. Their ‘couple’ stint is over she might not want to be seen in public with him, just to protect her image. Is it Yura who is going to answer or the Ah Young-ah that he has known.

“Oppa, do you really need to ask?” The little shadow of hurt that briefly pass her face is a puzzle to him.

“Sit with me, at least you could help me not get bored. Haha! Maybe we could play nurungji again, if it gets boring.”

He can’t help but laugh. That precious game, her precious laugh. His Ah Young-ah. Its going to be another special night with her.

“Oppa, notice something?” Her shy smile can’t hide her cheek that turned another shade of red.

He looked at her properly this time. Whenever he sees her smiling face, everything is always secondary. He is always mesmerized by her beautiful smile, he can’t see anything else. Looking at her now, a thousand emotions suddenly surges and wanted to be expressed.

“Yeppoda.” At this moment, he can only say that one word. He wanted to say more, but he’s afraid, by the time he’s done saying them, her whole face would be in a deepest shade of red. It’s a good thing that the universe gave him the chance to sit beside her. She would be a magnet to all men here, with that little number of a dress. He has to guard him against sharks and whales. He has to guard her, for himself.

“Ey Oppa! It took me 2 hours to be like this. Waiting for you to see me, and you only have one word to say? Cincha, oppa? You never change. Hahaha!”

Her dress. Its the first time that he saw her in that kind of dress. She looked like a goddess. He’s fighting the urge to put his coat on her. Its not really that revealing, but still, it showcases all of her assets. He wants to cover her up, to hide it to those around here, and  to also hide it from him. Its a distraction, a beautiful one, but still a distraction. This is going to be a challenging night.

 

They chatted the night away. They updated each other about their projects and activities, shared anecdotes and funny moments. She’s really curious about his upcoming movie, asking him a lot about filming it. They even tried to play the Nurungji game, but have to stop mid game, when Ah Young noticed the man beside him, giving them a curious look. Quite oblivious to their surrounding, they only have eyes for each other. They only stopped talking when it is their turn to go on stage and receive their award.

“So, congratulations to all awardees! See you all again next year! Anneyong, Kamsahabnida!!” the emcees bid their goodbyes, signaling the end of the program. People are now starting to walk around, greeting acquaintances, greeting their fans and supporters.

“Ah Young-ah, you can go ahead. just meet me in the parking lobby. Some of my fans are here, I would just say hi to them, and give them something. Is it ok?”

“De, Oppa. I’ll go ahead. See you at the parking lobby!”

He gave chocolates to some of his fans that took the time to go here and support him. Since tomorrow is White Day, it's the perfect gift to give, just to show them he really appreciates their support. He was shaking hands and signing autographs, when his phone rings. It’s Ah-Young’s manager-hyung informing him that there’s a lot of reporters in the parking lobby.

He turned around to go find her, when he saw that she is walking, on her way towards the lobby. He quickly said his goodbyes, and run a little bit to catch her.

“Ah Young!”

“Oppa! All done?”

“Yup. But your manager-hyung called me. There are reporters waiting in the garage lobby. We can’t leave this place together.”

“Ow. So we are not going on that meat place anymore?” Her disappointment clearly seen in her face.

“Are you that disappointed because you can’t eat your favorite kogi tonight?” He tried to joke, knowing her penchant for meat.

“Ani! Well, yeah, that, and I really want to dine with you. Its been awhile since we’ve done that.”

That pouting, cute face. It always gets him. He can never say no to that.

“We are still going, but we have to go separately, and just meet there. I’ll text you the address. Let’s change clothes, too. Its hard not to notice us, if we go there like this, with you looking like a goddess like that.”

“Ok Oppa! Then, see you again later! I’ll go ahead, Anneyong!”

He wave his hands to signal his goodbye, silently castigating himself. Way to be over obvious. Sigh. He look one last time at her walking away, and proceeded to walk in the opposite direction. He called his manager hyung, asking for his change of clothes, and told him about the slight change in his plan. He also called the steak place, informing them to move their reservation a bit later.

As he was about to go inside his service van, he remembered his parting words earlier, he can’t help but chuckle. Really Jjong, she looked like a goddess? How cheesy can you be? Hah! When did he become cheesy and obvious? This is going to be a night of self discovery for him.