Of Goodbyes and Interviews

Of Sincerity and Serendipity

“See you later, Yura Unnie!!” said Hyeri, as she waves and walks on her way to another taping of Real Men. Yura, still can’t believe that she let her guard down, and definitely admitted that if Jjong Oppa asked her sincerely, they would date... What to do now? She fervently hopes it doesn’t go straight to him. She doesn’t know what to do, if he ever confront her or ask her about the interview...

 

Months passed... It’s now the last episode of their virtual marriage. They were given their last mission card. It was a surprise to both of them, but they knew that this part would come. The almost 10 months that they’ve spent being a “virtual couple” was something she will never forget. He is someone she will never forget, try as she might. She had enjoyed every single moments they’ve been together. They’re more closer now, and she can boast that she’s in his inner circle now. There’s this undeniable something between them, yet she is still unsure if they are on the same level. Maybe she’s just reading too much, when there’s really nothing much. Doubts are ever present in her mind, at the very root of her disappointment, was the fact that up until now, he hasn’t personally asked her about that MBC interview. Although he was asked about it in his own Section TV interview (yep, his answer as safe as a safety box inside a safety box), they have yet to talk about it face to face. Well, guess it will never happen, now that their pretend marriage is over.

 

“Annddd, that’s it folks! Its a wrap!!” Director-nim shouted. It’s all done now. The end of their supposed "coupleship". The surge of mixed emotions are now fighting to get out of her. She tried her hardest to keep it at bay, at least until she is alone. She still has to go around and say her thank yous and gratefulness to the WGM staffs that has been with them in their entire run as a couple. She tried her hardest not to cry. Putting on her bravest smiling face, she went about saying her goodbye.

 

Then he’s right in front of her. “Ah Young-ah” that’s the only word he said, and then opened his arms to hug her. She braced herself for the hug. It was the longest they have ever done. Braving it, she was the first one to let go. “So, Oppa, I hope you would still get in touch with me from time to time, OK? Thank you for everything, and I hope you enjoyed being married with me and our time together was memorable to you!” Trying her hardest to just smile, but its getting to be a feat. He nodded, and said, with his trademark small smile “You know that I did enjoy it. And you know that I will keep in touch, don’t even doubt that.” She nodded in agreement. “Soo, I have to leave now, we have an interview later. Annyeong!! Komawong!!” She took one last wave, and a series of last bows to all of the crew and staff, and a silent farewell to their rooftop house that holds so many precious memories. Hurriedly, she walked away, needing to be away from here as quickly as possible, needing to be alone, because she can’t contain it anymore. She didn’t notice a pair of somber eyes that has been intently looking at her back. Eyes that seems to contemplate on something.