Of Dresses and Tables

Of Sincerity and Serendipity

“Unnie, you look like a goddess!!! Daebak! That dress is sure to catch ANY man’s attention.” Yura was a bit startled hearing her voice as Minah shouted her compliments with glee, as she stops to take a peak in her room. “Unnie, are you trying to slay one particular man with that dress?” She ended that parting shot with a wink and proceeds to walk towards her own room. “Hehe! Komawong, Mina-yah! I aim to please! HAHAHA!” Yura shouted back. She was trying on the dress that she would wear on the Cable awards. She does agree with her compliment, it really looks good on her, looking at her reflection in the full-body mirror. But she is not sure about her other comments. Would it really catch any man’s attention? Would it catch his attention?

This dress is a little bit revealing than what she usually wears to award shows. Its dark color perfectly shows-off her fair complexion. The mini-skirt cut perfectly accentuates her gorgeous legs. The overall style of the dress outlines all the womanly curves that she has. Their stylist has given her three choices of dresses, this one and 2 others that have the same cut as their usual group award-gowns style. Her primary reason why she chose it - Jjong-Oppa. She’s a little bit adamant to wear it, but also excited, because this will be his first time to see her in this style of dress. She wanted to show him her glamour side.  She is really curious to see what his reaction is going to be, or if he would revert back to his old ways - no reaction.

She’s is really excited to see him today. More than receiving another award, she is looking forward to their dinner ‘date’ after the show. Although they saw each other at yesterday’s PD award show, it was so brief that they only get to say hello, how are you and congratulation to each other. They were not even alone when it happened, her members are with them. Though they did hug before she came down to join her members in their table, even that is also briefly done. He was not able to say goodbye either, he just waved at her before he exits from the stage, as he was done presenting an award, and has another event to go to.

There's a funny moment that happened while he was presenting. Her name was mentioned by his co-presenter. He was teasing him, teasing them. The way he smiled, kind of flustered as he tells him that he saw her backstage, put a wide smile on her face. When he tried to look at her direction, it gave her a lot of fluttering feelings. It adds to her excitement for today, remembering that moment. At least today, she gets to be with him longer. It may not be their first time seeing each other, but it is the first time they get to do it without cameramen and cameras privy in their every movement, and every conversation.


She was one of the first to arrive and walk the red carpet. She made conscious effort to be graceful as she walks, and waves, and stops, and smile to be captured on camera. The compliments and admiring looks that she received added extra boost to her confidence. Maybe he will also give her a positive reaction when he sees her.

Her manager-oppa has already confirmed her attendance, and got her her table number. The guests are seated randomly, there is no seating arrangement. She just wished she would be seated on a table where she knows someone. Much better if it is the same table as her dearest Oppa.

You’ve got a message!

From: Jjong Oppa

Ah Young-ah, on my way now, I think we’re only a block away from there. Can you save me a seat? :)

She texted him back.

Oppa, you have to be here to confirm your attendance, and then they randomly seat us. You have to get your own table number by drawing it from a jar.

From Jjong Oppa

Oh. OK. We’re here already. I’ll see you then! :)

Sigh. She’s now resenting the organizer’s system of seating the attendees. Why do they have to draw their table number? If they are doing it randomly, why can’t they just seat on whatever table they want to seat. Sigh. Well, there’s nothing she can do, so why does she even bother complaining by herself. She decided to go to the toilet, just to check if she is still looking OK. She just wants to make sure that she is calm, and he does not see her nerves and over excitement.

She went out and proceeded to go to the venue hall. There’s a lot of people millling around now. As she was looking for table number 7, she saw someone she knows. Jin Young-unnie, who sat beside Ailee-unnie. She stops at their table, table number 9, to say her greetings. She would have love to be on this table, at least she knew 2 people personally. After a short chitchat, she excused herself to find her own table. It is further inside the room, near the section where the fans are seated. There’s already 3 people seated, she’s familiar with their names and faces, but she does not know them personally. She greeted each of them politely, as she seated herself. She was looking around for more acquaintances, when she felt someone gently tap her bare shoulder.

“Yura-yah?” Yura-yah? What happened to Ah Young-Ah?

As she turned towards the owner of that familiar voice, her lips forming her trademark open smile.

“Oppa!”

She was greeted in turn with a sweet, bashful smile, and then a lingering hug.