Chapter 2: Krystal

SM Academy

“Krystal wake up it’s time for schooool~!”

“UuuugGgGgGGHHHhHH” she whimpered as she spasmodically rolled around her bed, loathing the monday morning misery.

 

“Yah! Wake up!” this time, it was her sister who tried to wake her up.

“Ugh shut up!”

“Mom! Krystal won’t get out of bed!!” Jessica yelled as she pulled her sister’s blanket exposing her to the jarring chill of the morning

“Okay! Okay! I’m awake.. sheesh!” she hastily got up, grabbed her bathrobe & went to the bathroom to shower.

 

After showering, she went to the kitchen to eat breakfast. Today’s menu: eggs & bacon.

Subsequently, she got her stuff ready & headed to their car where their driver was waiting for her.

“Bye mom” she said, smiling.

“Bye honey~”

 

“Let’s g—” before heading to the door, she looked at her sister and—“Hey, are you not going to say bye to me?”—realized something. Krystal’s smile faded all of a sudden.

“Bye”

“Be good okay?” she nodded as her reply.

 

The whole car ride to school, she was really quiet.

Ever since elementary, Krystal & Jessica went to school together. Inseparable. That’s what most people said whenever they saw them together.

Sometimes, Krystal wished there was more traffic so she could talk & spend more time with her sister in the car on their way home.

It’s different at home since Jessica is always busy with school works plus her part time job. On top of that, her boyfriend comes over all the time & takes Jessica away from her.

 

Since she’s a crybaby, Jessica would always fight who ever bullied her sister without hesitation. Now that they won’t be going to the same school together, Krystal thought that maybe it’s time to learn to survive life by herself from now on.

 

Upon arriving at SM Academy, she ran over her sister’s old friends back in elementary: Tiffany, Yuri & Hyoyeon.

 

She tried to ignore them. Too bad it didn’t work.

“Hi there Krystal! How was your summer in LA?” asked Tiffany as she took off her sunglasses.

She faked a smile “It was great”

“Jessica said the same thing, that’s nice to hear. I wish we could’ve spent more time together over there”

Krystal giggled. A fake one.

“Well, we gotta go to class now. See ya later. Toodles!”

 

Ugh. .

She didn’t really know what to say. Was there even anything to say? Although Jessica & Tiffany have been good friends for over 5 years now, Krystal never really liked her as much as her sister does.

She just seems so... so fake. She still can’t tell whether their friends are friends with her because she’s her, or because she’s dating this hottie from another school (with the exception of Jessica. She knows their friendship is genuine). It seems as if they’re just waiting for them to break up so they can date him next. Ha. That would be interesting.