003

How Not To Be A Loser: For Dummies

5. The Avengers
word count: 440


 

“Baekhyun is pissing me off I swear.”

 

Stacey and Jongdae are seated on the dorm couch watching a variety show while snacking on popcorn chicken and bubble tea. It’s an off day, with no schedules and no performances, allowing all 12 members of EXO to have some free time and to do what they want for the rest of the day.

 

Today, Jongdae opts to spend it being a couch potato with Stacey.

 

Turning his head, he raises an eyebrow at her sudden declaration, “Why?” he inquires incredulously, popping another piece of chicken in his mouth, “What’d he do?”

 

“The little thought it would be funny to throw water balloons at my head for ‘initiation’. Like who does that?” She fumes sipping into the straw of her winter melon milk tea, “He's so ing immature. It’s so annoying! Sometimes I just wanna get back him for all the he’s done to me.”

 

In the midst of her rant, Jongdae casually glances at Baekhyun’s room down the hallway, “Well, he’s taking a nap right now.” He tells her, “I think now is a good time to get your revenge. What do you propose we do?”

 

An evil smirk forms on Stacey’s lips, “Oh. I have the perfect idea.”

 

.

 

Two hours later, Stacey and Jongdae are now watching ‘The Avengers’, their bubble tea and popcorn chicken consumed and thrown in the trash. Fifteen minutes into the movie, Baekhyun comes out of his room from his catnap and walks by Stacey and Jongdae sitting on the couch.

 

“Hey guys what’s up?” he greets, shooting them a grin.

 

Baekhyun’s face is covered with black permanent marker. There are detailed drawings of es on his forehead and on his left cheek. The gap between his eyebrows is filled in, giving him a uni-brow, while his eyelids are outlined and colored black. In other words, he looks like a work of art.

 

They’re trying to hold in their laughter, but casually return his greeting.

 

“Nothing much Baek,” Stacey replies biting her lip, “just watching a movie.”

 

“Nice!” he grins making the scribbles on his face much worse than they look, “What movie?”

 

Jongdae is next to answer, “The Avengers.”

 

Baekhyun’s face lights up at the title, “Cool! I’m just gonna go to the restroom really quick, but do you mind if I join you guys?”

 

“Sure man.” Jongdae chuckles, “We can pause it.”

 

Stacey nods in agreement and Baekhyun’s body bristles with excitement.

 

Once he disappears into the bathroom, however, it only takes three seconds to hear Byun Baekhyun scream.


6. My Lady pt. 1
word count: 319


“Hey Jongdae can I ask you something?”

 

Jongdae looks up from the magazine he’s reading in the van to turn his head towards Lu Han who was grinning at him from behind. They’re on their way to a Chinese music station to perform MAMA for maybe the hundredth time that year and while the other four members are preoccupied with their own things, Lu Han takes the opportunity to speak to Jongdae about something important.

 

“What is it hyung?” he replies curiously.

 

Lu Han shifts his gaze around suspiciously to see if anyone was listening in on their conversation. When he realizes that it’s safe to speak, his cheeks turn a bright red as he says, “Well, I was wondering if it’d be okay with you if I asked Stacey out.”

 

Jongdae blinks and gapes at him in surprise, “You’re going to ask noona out?”

 

He nods bashfully, “Yeah I’ve been wanting to for a while now…” he explains, “But only if that was okay with you. I know you two are really close. So if you liked her, I mean, I would back off and—“

 

At this Jongdae’s face instantly pales at the thought. Him and Stacey as more than friends? He would rather choke on an octopus tentacle than even consider taking her high-maintenance and over-zealous out on a date. It was like asking for a death wish.

 

Jongdae shakes his head profusely at Lu Han. “No. God no.” he answers, shuddering just a tiny bit in fear, “I don’t think of noona like that, hyung. Noona is like a sister to me.”

 

A grin spreads out on Lu Han’s lips as his eyes sparkle in delight, “Really? So you wouldn’t mind if I took her out on a date next Saturday?”

 

“Of course not hyung, go ahead. All I ask is that you treat her well and I’ll give you my blessing.”


[a/n]: as i promised, here's the second update! as always please read and review! if you have any questions check out my tumblr! Happy Sunday everyone!! :D