001

How Not To Be A Loser: For Dummies

disclaimer: i will be making a cover photo for this chapter so it will probs be updated later. for now enjoy the chen gif lool.


1. Bros
word count: 632


Chen’s singing is nice, but he’s not really my type.

 

The two Korean members look so out of place. Like why are they even there?

 

They should just leave the four Chinese members and take out the other two. So useless.

 

Ugh. Look at how hot Kris and Tao are.

 

Kim Jongdae knows he shouldn’t be doing this.

 

He knows he shouldn’t be reading the comments on the fan cafés, however, ever since his big debut only a couple months ago, he’s been curious as to what people thought of him and so far the feedback hasn’t been very… gratifying.

 

“I don’t know why you waste your time reading that trash.” Stacey replies with a shake of her head. She’s been sitting next to Jongdae for the past hour and a half working on some designs for EXO’s next performance outfits and seeing him sigh sadly throughout the duration of that time frame, it definitely wasn’t very hard for her figure out what he was reading. “They’re just haters. Who cares?”

 

He cared. He cares about what people think of him and sometimes he wished he were just as popular as Kris, Luhan, Tao and Jongin. It wasn’t fair. It just—it made him feel so underrated.

 

He may have only trained for one year but they didn’t know his hardships. He struggled just like everyone else, and yet his efforts were being thrown in his face out of sheer mockery—Like right now in this forum.

 

“Look, you’re not going to please everyone.” Stacey quips, sketching out some patterns, “You should focus your attention on the fans who actually adore you. The haters should be the least of your worries.”

 

Jongdae ignores her, clearly unconvinced by her words as he continues to refresh the forum for the latest comments.

 

Kris is so hot!

 

Luhan is so cute!

 

TAO!!!

 

LAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!

 

When his eyes land on a particular comment, Jongdae stops skimming completely, his gaze falling down forlornly at the keyboard. Stacey, noticing his pitiful expression, peers over to his lap top screen to read the comment.

 

Chen is looser. His singing is nd he should not be part of group. Othr members so much better.

 

Her eyes narrow after giving it a second read, “Wow, what the hell?” she frowns, “So rude.”

 

Jongdae doesn’t say anything, instead he let’s out a bitter sigh; ready to wallow in his own self misery in a corner, until Stacey takes his laptop from him and furiously types out a reply to the anonymous commenter.

 

Hey , why don’t you take your comment and shove it up your just like your grammar.

 

Stacey smirks triumphantly at her come back and hits the send button on the screen. In only a matter of seconds, her comment receives about 200 upvotes from the other users.

 

You tell him!

 

My thoughts exactly!

 

No one talks about our Chen oppa like that!

 

WE LOVE YOU CHEN OPPA! <3

 

Jongdae’s eyes widen at the positive feedback he’s garnering after Stacey’s comment. Maybe he wasn’t so hopeless after all.

 

“See. What did I tell you?” Stacey says with a grin, “There are people out there who do like you.”

 

“Thanks noona.” he admits with a smile of his own. “I guess… I shouldn’t have let it get to me.”

 

“Damn straight you shouldn’t have.” She declares fiercely, “Haters will always hate. There’s no getting past it. You just need to be strong, because they don’t know you. Only you know yourself.”

 

He nods at her in agreement, feeling a lot less tier than he did before at his best friend’s encouraging words.

 

“But you know what? It’s a shame no one knows how much of a world class-secondhand embarrassment you really are.”

 

“Why can’t you just be kind for once?”

 


2. Welcome to Hell
word count: 750


Being best friends with a famous idol has its perks.

 

Like that time Stacey and Jongdae went out to eat at a restaurant and the Ahjumma who owned the place recognized him instantly, offering them more food for free. Or that time when she accompanied him to an award show and they just happened to meet Big Bang’s Seungri backstage. Like, Seung ing Ri. Jongdae knows about her ridiculous, undying admiration for him. He knows how big of a fan she was. So meeting her favorite idol backstage—it was an absolute dream.

 

But sometimes, being friends with an idol wasn’t always rainbows and unicorns. Sometimes it was hard.

 

Stacey has had a few run-ins with some jealous fans before. She’s even had a couple of death threats sent to her here and there. However, one time, she was part of a scandal that broke out in the media stating she was apparently pregnant with Jongdae’s child and that he was going to be an expecting father.

 

First of all, she wasn’t pregnant. Second of all, Jongdae was still an innocent little . Third of all, she and Jongdae dating? Please. She would rather kiss a llama.

 

Also, they didn’t know the real Kim Jongdae like she did. The real Jongdae was far from EXO-M’s chic main vocalist.

 

If only they knew how much of a loser he truly was.

 

Stacey is stepping out of her car when she receives a text from Jongdae.

 

hey, gonna be late. will meet you after the shoot. lunch on me
11:30AM

 

She simply sends him a reply back a minute later.

 

sure, bring me back some bubble tea too peasant.
11:31AM

 

fine your highness, want me to bring you back a pony while im at it?
11:32AM

 

Lol <3
11:32AM

 

She chuckles lightly to herself, placing her phone back into her purse as she makes her way towards the SM building. When she gets there, she’s immediately bombarded by a bunch of tweens and teenagers loitering around the area.

 

“Aren’t you Stacey Lee? You’re friends with Chen oppa, right?!”

 

“You two are always together!”

 

“I follow your instagram! Your selfies are so funny!”

 

“Does oppa have an instagram too??”

 

For some reason all she could do was nod her head. There was no way she could deny the fact that Jongdae was her best friend. They were two peas in a pod, after all.

 

“Is it possible for you to give these to him?”

 

One of the girls in the group hands her a wrapped basket filled with all kinds of snacks and other treats as she gazes up at Stacey with the most pleading look on her face.

 

How could she possibly say ‘no’ to that?

 

“Umm… sure…”

 

At this, the other fans form a line in front of her, continuously shoving gifts in her face.

 

“Can you please give these to him? We want him to know we love him!”

 

“Uh…”

 

“PLEASE! GIVE IT TO OPPA, PLEASE!!”

 

And that’s when Stacey Lee’s hell began.

 

.

 

When Jongdae enters Stacey’s office that very same day, there are countless of gifts and fan letters littered all over her desk and on the floor. They’re all addressed to him; so, he obviously has a clear idea as to what her situation was all about.

 

“So…” he drawls out, eyeing the presents expectantly, “I take it you couldn’t say no?”

 

Stacey shoots him a deadly glare, “You owe me big time you piece of .” She grumbles, “I almost died.”

 

“But you didn’t right?” he points out, handing her the milk tea drink he promised to bring her, all while rolling his eyes at her dumb dramatics,  “Otherwise you wouldn’t be enjoying all the delicious snacks your eating.”

 

He did have a point there. After carrying the mountain of gifts back into her office, Stacey had taken it upon herself to ‘test’ out the snacks for anything harmful. His fans would probably hate her for this, but honestly, she could care less.

 

Technically, she is part of the management team, so the safety of her artist was top priority; and it was compensation for all the trouble she had to go through to take all their inside. Besides, it wasn’t like she was breaking her promise to them. Jongdae was taking these gifts home with him whether he wanted to or not.

 

“By the way,” she says, taking a sip of her milk tea, “I ate all the chocolate.”

 

“Wow bro, what the ?”

 


[a/n]: and so there you have it! the first part of the series i have promised you! what do you guys think? the drabbles will be written in this format and yes they're mostly random, but i have mentioned that in the forward. in case you were all wondering: 1. stacey is very americanized. she's korean-american after all and has lived in california for all her life. so her opinions will be different from most people. she also isn't very modest lol, but im pretty sure you figured that out from her vulgarity. 2. like i said, i just want to portray a certain kind of relationship chen will have with someone who isn't famous, but relates to him in a different kind of way. and lastly, 3. these two will do the random-est and stupidest things together because that's the kind of friendship they have. LOL XD

also, please forgive me for the fake hate here. it's not intentional but for writing purposes only!

Thanks for reading and look forward to next thursday! if you have any questions go feel free to ask on my tumblr or here!