Introduction

How Not To Be A Loser: For Dummies

 


0. Introduction
word count: 328


The day they meet is before EXO’s idol debut.

 

Kim Jongdae and his fellow members are in the practice room preparing for their showcase. They’re utterly exhausted and have been singing and dancing for ten consecutive hours. Jongdae thinks he’s probably gotten, at most, two hours of sleep, but he endures it—he endures every bit of the stress and frustration.

 

About halfway into the Chinese version of ‘What is Love’, one of the manager hyungs comes in with two young women following closely behind him.

 

Stacey Lee and Mari Shin.

 

Foreigners.

 

At least, that’s what Jongdae garners from the names on their nametags. However, they're both Korean (from the last names) but probably Americanized.

From the two, one woman was tall, a few inches shorter than Jongin, but taller than Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and himself. Her eyes were a deep chocolate brown, matching her long hair tied up into a ponytail. The second woman was relatively shorter than the first one—even a tiny bit shorter than his band mates and him. Her hair was a dark auburn-brown and her eyes, a pretty hazel.

 

They were also fairly young compared to the other coordinators on staff. He guesses they’re maybe older by a couple of years or possibly younger. He isn’t certain. All he knows is that they’re the new recruits joining the stylist team, since some coordi noonas had quit last minute only days before their big show.

 

“Boys,” the manager says, gathering everyone’s attention, “I’d like to introduce you to our new lead stylists. Mari Shin and Stacey Lee.”

 

The taller one comes forward, holding her hand up to wave at them, “Hello, I’m Mari Shin. Nice to meet you all.”

 

Then, the shorter woman follows afterwards, her smile radiant and her eyes twinkling with excitement, “Hi, I’m Stacey Lee.” She introduces, “I hope we can work well together.”

 

But, what she really meant by that was “Hi I’m Stacey Lee and I’ll be the bane of your existence.”


[a/n:] okay, so i lied lol. but technically this is just an introduction. chapter one will be published this thursday definitely!  i hope you enjoyed!