002

How Not To Be A Loser: For Dummies

3. Future Husband
word count: 290 


“One day, I’m going to marry Chris Evans.”

 

Jongdae raises an eyebrow at her, “Isn’t he like 10 years older than you?”

 

They’re lounging around inside one of the dressing rooms of a Chinese tv station, while Stacey tailors Jongdae’s jacket watching ‘Captain America’ on her ipad. Jongdae on the other hand is flipping through a magazine as he waits for the producer to usher him out for EXO-M’s segment of the show.

 

Stacey makes a face and turns her head towards him, “So, I’m 21.” She tells him thoughtfully, “Age is nothing but a number.”

 

“But you look like you’re 15.”

 

“Again,” she replies with small frown on her face, “why does it matter?”

 

“Because,” he points out, nonchalantly, “you’re a midget and it would look like he was trying to take a minor home with him.”

 

“Okay thanks for the heads up.” She scoffs with an eye roll, “but it’s not like you’re any different.”

 

Jongdae pauses for a moment and finally looks up at her from his magazine, “First of all, rude. And second of all, I am short, but I, at least, look like my age.”

 

Wow.” Stacey replies sarcastically, completing her tailoring on Jongdae’s jacket. “Thanks. Honestly, I appreciate it. Really."

 

Jogndae sighs, tossing his magazine to the side and taking his jacket from Stacey’s worktable. “One day, someone is going to question your age.” He tells her knowingly, “And when that happens, I’ll be the one to say I told you so.”

 

Stacey pouts and gives him another eye roll, “Sure bro, whatever.” She says, “But I’m still gonna marry Chris Evans and he’s still going to be my future husband.”

 

Kim Jongdae just shakes his head.

 


4. The Bet
word count: 313


 

The first time Stacey and Jongdae go to a club together, it’s one of the popular ones in Hongdae called, club ‘NV2’ . EXO was very popular now a days so discretion was advised, despite that, they still planned to go. However, on that very same night, both Stacey and Jongdae place a bet—a bet in which two hundred dollars were on the line.

 

The bouncer is letting people enter by name and as they move closer towards the entrance, Stacey is struggling to keep her composure at bay, praying for the best.

 

“Name?” the bouncer asks when Stacey and Jongdae reach the front of the line.

 

Jongdae gives his name first. “Kim Jongdae.”

 

The taller and muscular male looks through his list, nodding when he locates his name. “And you miss?”

 

“Lee Stacey.”

 

The man pauses for a moment, looking up from his list to actually give her a once over; and when he finally gets a good look at her, the bouncer makes an expression Stacey is too familiar with.

 

“Sorry, no teenagers allowed.”

 

Stacey curses while Jongdae let’s out a fit of laughter. He’s two hundred dollars richer now thanks to her.

 

“Sir, I’m twenty one years old.” She answers curtly, gritting her teeth together to keep herself from lashing out at the man’s incompetence. “I’m not a teenager.”

 

Again he gazes at her skeptically, raising an eyebrow, “I think I’m going to have to see some I.D.” The man holds his handout in front of Stacey, forcing her to fish into her purse for her driver’s license.

 

And now Jongdae was three hundred dollars richer.

.

 

“Oh, by the way noona.” Jongdae says as they make their way towards the bar, after fifteen minutes of trying to convince the bouncer that Stacey’s I.D. wasn’t fake and that she wasn’t underage.

 

“What?”

 

“I told you so.”

 

“ you.”


[a/n]: sooo i am terribly sorry for the incredibly long wait, but i've been working really hard getting art pieces up my portfolio site! you see i am a 3D artist in the video game industry so i've been taking art tests and applying to different companies. unfortunately, luck hasn't been on my side so i had to put a small hold on this story atm :/ don't worry inspiration hasn't died for this story! i'm just multi-tasking but taking priority on my art! so, as an apology... DOUBLE UPDATE!!!! YAY!!!!! this is the first update and tomorrow i will upload the third chapter around 9-10AM! :D for now please enjoy and look forward for tomorrow! like aways if you have any questions check out my tumblr or message me here! <3