Do You? - Chapter 2

Do You?

Finishing that last sentence for her essay, Youngrae packed her books neatly and soon got ready for bed. The clock struck 10 and she heads to her bed to finally rest her body. On her bedside table, her lamp stays on and the picture of her and Taehyung was illuminated. Lying on her side to look at the picture, a smile crept up to her lips. To her, Taehyung will always be all she needs and he is always enough. Of course, he did nothing much for her but he helps her with her schoolwork when the need arises and he will always diligently send her back home from school – everyday. Despite Taehyungnot being much of a talker, he is still interesting to her.

 

In her bed, she tried to list down the things that spark interest in her about him but there were really barely anything at all. He doesn’t talk to her unless he really needs to and he seldom even smiles instead he just nods and shrugs. Come to think of it, they never really spent time talking to each other raw and honest to their origins, she thought. Taking note of that, Youngrae decide to propose a date for them to just talk freely to each other tomorrow although she knew better it might not really happen.

 

Again, her eyes go to the picture on her table. He is beside her, her arms linked with his. But he was not smiling. Youngrae thought for a little while and realized that both of them had so little pictures despite being together for quite a bit.

 

“It’s so late, I shouldn’t think so much,” she thought and yet again, she could not fall asleep regardless of how hard she tries to. She caught sight of the time and it had been an hour since she went to bed. Her head was in a strange mess and she knew she couldn’t sleep with her mind messing with her like that. Getting up, she stretched her limbs, changing into her sportswear, deciding to head out for a little night jog. Grabbing her bottle of water and putting on her running shoes, Youngrae left her home with hopes on returning with an empty mind and a tired body so it will be tons easier for her to fall asleep later.

 

Running in the quiet and lonely streets at this time of the night surely was making her feel more miserable than she already is. ing pathetic fallacy, she said to herself under her breath before smiling to herself. She had been running for a fair bit and yet her energy still is on full bar. Feeling worked up for no reason at all, she sped her speed and kept her mind filled with thoughts of nothing but which foot should touch the ground with every step. Running uphill surely took its toll on her and she felt more tired than ever. Walking speedily, she took the time to look around. That was when she suddenly met eyes with one of the three drunkards just across the empty street of where she was. Feeling danger creep up her shoulders, Youngrae quickened her steps even more to get home. Apparently, she reacted a little to late even for drunken men.

 

Her sprint home was short-lived as the most bulky out of the three men got hold of her and pushed her to the closest wall. Struggling to release herself from the tough grip of the man, the other two men staggered towards her and started to touch her body wherever they wanted to. One of the men, the skinniest of the lot slapped her thigh and laughed obnoxiously while the other how was the shortest aided the bulky man to hold her back. At this exact same time where Youngrae had almost given up to seek help that someone came to rescues and pulled her out of the arms of the three drunkards.

 

Taehyung too had also been jogging in the area since it was his usual routine but somehow today, he just felt like taking this one shorter route.  When he first saw the three men surrounding Youngrae, he wanted to just leave since he didn’t quite recognize her and he really didn’t want to be involved in something that doesn’t really bother him directly. But under the streetlight, his sight laid upon the bracelet on the girl’s wrist. It was a bracelet he had given Youngrae and at any given place, he would for sure recognize the jewelry.