Do You? - Chapter 1

Do You?

“Bye, Taehyung, see you again tomorrow.” Youngrae managed to say before she left her boyfriend to leave for her home right in front of where they were. She was all smiles even when she was leaving, even waving goodbye to her boyfriend who only let out a sigh as he turned to walk his way back home.

 

They had been with one another for almost three years, give or take; yet their relationship is difficult to classify. If one were a stranger who just happened to see them, it is very unlikely they would notice them as a couple. In fact, they more so exemplify the relationship between acquaintances or on some good days, a very dysfunctional friendship.

 

They way they started their relationship was not the conventional "boy chases after girl, girl is so taken, they end up together", in fact, it was Youngrae who had taken it upon herself to take the first step to go up to Taehyung. Seeing how Taehyung is definitely one of the "it" guys of the school, there was no question why most girls are smitten and madly in love with him - Youngrae was no different. Most times, she would just watch him from afar, the slightest glance made her heart flutter. The only thing that keeps her apart from the rest is her burning fire that aggravated her to actually be the one to stand up to confess out of the many girls who gave Taehyung the attention.

 

She was so sure of her luck and her bravery was b over her inner edge when she did it and really though, lucky for her, Taehyung was feeling very nice on the day to even accept her. She had of course, not taken it seriously, believing it to be twisted fate that was surely going to end soon. But it did not. But then again, it really was not that simple. He simply agreed to go out on dates with her and accept her since she was just not like the others.

 

Youngrae is not the most beautiful or outstanding in comparison to the many girls who showed interest in him but there was just something about this one girl and he was dying to see her broken and hurt. He only took her to be his girl because his boredom was tiring him out – playing around with Youngrae looked fulfilling and therefore, it was exactly what he did. All he wanted to do was see how long she could stand being with someone like him, if she really liked him the way she said she did. 

 

Blindly in love, all Youngrae did were to shower him with love and care and concern also every other thing that a girl would give the men she loves. She was always with him, whatever he needed she provided. All while Taehyung stares ahead and accepted whatever that goes his way; no thanks or gratitude. Like many other sane people, Youngrae felt hurt seeing how he mostly did not care at all for what she is going through. Truth is, it doesn’t bother her much that he was not involved… it was more of the words of everyone around them that hits her the hardest to an extend where she was ever so willing to let him go. She could just be around him, he did not have to say a word, just being with him was enough for her. Of course, it was not right but who could say no to being around the only person who mattered to you.

 

Everyone titled her “that desperado clinging onto the hottie that doesn’t give a ” and while she managed to tell herself to ignore them for the first few times, after a while she could not help but feel helpless. To her, everyone was telling the truth and she really is just that girl needy for attention from the careless, mostly ignorant Taehyung. It was difficult enough for her to deal with unconcerned Taehyung - it was a whole different ball game when she hears it directly from people around her.

 

It took her a long while before she finally decided to give Taehyung up. She managed to hold onto him for almost a year after which she called it off, unable to tolerate everything anymore – not the curses form everyone and especially not the non-existent care from Taehyung.

 

Not shockingly, Taehyung willingly let her go.

 

So then you ask, then what the hell is Chansung doing in front of Youngrae’s home, sending her back if there is nothing between them anymore? That’s the thing. A week after the whole break up, it was not the hurt and static Youngrae who crawls back to Taehyung, in fact it was the opposite. His plan of playing her around backfired eventually when he finds himself to be the one who, in reality, needed her more. Because in the year when he was with her, Taehyung depended so much on Youngrae so when she really is gone, he felt so empty. The space by his side was so distinct that he notices himself feeling absolute solitude despite him telling himself he shouldn’t feel that way. He kept telling himself that before she came along, he had always been so content being alone. But it did not work out for him to be by himself.

 

The way he asked for her back was even more so eccentric. Taehyung simply went up to her, decided that he wanted to send her home, kissed her and the next day, they were back on.

 

It was so easy for him to get her back. Which much more makes Youngrae looks extremely shallow and easy. Even she had to admit that she is. But she loves the boy so in a fashion so forsaken that when he came back even without words, she felt so thankful. A person like him who arely says anything or do anything at all, chooses to send her home and to kiss her and to Youngrae, that was all it takes for her to forget everyone else but him.