So Close

Love Light

Seo Hyun and Yong Hwa knew it really well what the consequences were of leaving their relationship hanging.

For the first few months, their relationship was okay and they still mentioned each other in interviews or shows they were in. Yong Hwa even did a little crazy thing on Strong Heart by shouting ‘I Love You, Seo Hyun’. The articles were everywhere. Seo Hyun of course was surprised but happy because of that.

For the first few months it was okay for them not to meet often or contact each other every day. But things got much harder when Yong Hwa started to film the new drama. It really took his time away from Seo Hyun.

She wasn’t a clingy type or an attention seeker, she fully understood his job and it’s his obligation to fulfill the schedules. He had to juggle his life between concerts, drama filming, and other schedules. He barely slept or checked his phone. She understood that, at first.

Tiffany once said, “Maknae-ah, if you both keep things like this, it’s going to be really complicated and you both could end up hating each other. You are now worried about him, but you couldn’t ask him to contact you once in a while because you know that you don’t have the right to do so. Things clear up as soon as possible, ahrasseo?”

Seo Hyun didn’t say anything other than thank you to her Eonni.

Yong Hwa actually had some of insecurities too in his mind. After WGM, Seo Hyun got so much attention from other male idols, many of them mentioned her in their interview as their ideal type. He didn’t mind them, at first.

Until Jung Shin informed Yong Hwa, “Hyung in our ’91 liner group chat, Seo Hyun is very popular, even one of idol from another line asked her out through one of our member. You better hurry things up, make your relationship clear.”

Yong Hwa didn’t say anything. He just stopped playing guitar to hear his dongsaeng speak and after that he continued playing guitar. His finger automatically and unconsciously playing the melody with the guitar but his mind wandered.

Things are better left unsaid, people said, but that was just a big pile of lie.

They finally got the chance to meet, it was supposed to a meeting that they’ve been desperately waiting for and they were supposed to be happy. But they’re not. They held things in a lot lately.

They were at a famous private restaurant in Cheongdamdong, it was a restaurant that many of celebrities often go. It was famous for the privacy they gave to the customers. Seo Hyun and Yong Hwa were in one of their best room with many delicious foods, just the two of them. It could be seen clearly, Yong Hwa was beyond tired, his dark circle was really bad, he lost weight really fast because of the crazy schedule.

The mood, the atmosphere was clearly not good. Although they were happy to see each other again, their feelings were the opposite.

“How are you lately?” Yong Hwa asked her who sat in front of him. She was really beautiful with just a simple white shirt and blue jeans.

“I’m fine, Oppa. How are you? I heard your drama filming is almost over now?” Seo Hyun asked back. She was happy to see him, but she was just a normal human being, she also felt a bit disappointed with his actions lately.

“Ah yes, it almost ends,” he answered, shortly.

Then they stayed like that in silence. No one opened up about their feelings. They ate their food slowly. The night was still long, it was only 9 pm after all.

“Jung Shin told me something,” he finally gathered up the courage.

“About what?” she asked him back after sipping her drink.

“I heard an idol asked you out,” Yong Hwa said while playing the glass in his hand. He didn’t dare to look directly at her, he’s afraid that she could see jealousy in his eyes.

“Ah about that,” she nervously answered.

“Did you…. did you go out with him?” he asked her hesitatingly.

Seo Hyun thought for a while, she was deciding to tell him or not. She wondered why she felt really guilty about going out with other man. She shouldn’t be because Yong Hwa technically wasn’t her boyfriend.

“Ne, I went out with him and Hyo Yeon Eonni once,” she said, she wanted to know his reaction.

He suddenly stopped playing with the glass in his hand for a while then asked, “Why?”

“What do you mean by why, Oppa?”

“Why did you go out with him?” he asked again while changing his sit position. He felt really uncomfortable with everything that night.

“Because he asked me to, Oppa. It’s not polite to decline it.” she answered, it’s really typical Seo Hyun’s answer.

“So you’re going to go out with every man who asks you?” he asked in disbelief.

“Why do you talk to me like that, Oppa?” she felt offended.

“So you’re going to go out with every man who asks you?” he asked once more.

“It’s not like that. He’s a friend of Hyo Yeon Eonni too, so I thought it’s okay to go out once in a while, because I have nothing to do too that day,” she answered.

“But…..” Yong Hwa wanted to say something, “nevermind,” he continued.

“Why did you talk to me like that, Oppa?” she asked once more, she still felt offended.

“How?” he asked back.

“Nevermind,” she didn’t want to prolong that anyway.

They both stayed in silence again. Seo Hyun folded her arms. Yong Hwa played with the fork with his eyes looked down to the floor. Their eyes showed their feelings, their insecurities, their unanswered questions.

“Oppa,’” she wanted to say something too about what’s been bothering her, “we don’t have a cake to celebrate our belated birthday,” she decided to start slowly with her question.

“It’s been a week since my birthday and almost two weeks since yours, right?”

“Neeeee,” she said.

“How come you only sent me a text on my birthday? I sent you flowers and call you on your birthday,” he complained.

“You had that drama filming, I actually called you that day, but Shin Hye Eonni answered it,” she started to say what’s been bothering her.

“Really? But she didn’t say you called me,” he said.

“So your phone wasn’t with you, Oppa? But with Shin Hye Eonni?” she asked again, she tried as she could to speak in a normal voice, not an angry one.

“She often borrowed it to play games,” he answered it honestly. Shin Hye was really just a friend.

“So she doesn’t have games in her own phone, Oppa?” Seo Hyun tried so hard not to sound like a brat, not to sound jealous. For one reason she hated herself for being jealous. She never felt that way before.

“Maybe, I don’t really know it,” he answered but his tone wasn’t good.

“So she also didn’t tell you that I called?” Seo Hyun changed her sit position, now it’s her who felt really uncomfortable sitting on that chair.

“Maybe she forgot to tell me Hyun, we were a bit busy that day.”

“It must be nice, right Oppa?” Seo Hyun voice was a bit shaky, she tried to held in the anger, the jealousy, the sadness that she felt for the first time in her life.

“About what now?” he asked.

“Being paired with her and fans supporting you both,” she couldn’t hide her jealousy anymore.

“What are you trying to say Hyun?” Yong Hwa felt guilty and a little bit angry, because she suspected something that’s not true at all.

“No, nothing. I’m glad you’re happy,” she said like it was nothing but her expression told what she felt.

“Are you jealous of her? I swear she’s just my friend, she’s one of my best friend, she’s like Yejie, Hyun,” Yong Hwa leaned forward, tried to hold Seo Hyun’s hand but failed. She pulled her hands away from him.

“Jealous? Who am I? Why should I be jealous of her?” she asked sarcasticaly, she wondered why she acted that way. Yes she admitted that she’s stubborn, but to act that way, something has gone wrong with her, or so she thought.

Yong Hwa who now felt a little bit offended said, “So now it’s okay for you to go out with that idol, but it’s not okay for me to have a female friend?”

“I did go out with him but I don’t even have his phone number, Oppa. It’s just once and that’s it. We aren’t even friends, we barely are acquaintances. It’s different with you,” she answered with a weak voice because her eyes were already teary.

“So? Do you want me to stop being friends with Shin Hye?” he asked in disbelief.

“What? You really don’t understand me, Oppa,” she wiped her teary eyes, “I better go now.”

She took her jacket and her purse, stood up and went.

“Joo Hyun-ah, don’t go! Listen to me first,” he stood up from his chair tried to catch her, but it’s too late she was already took the elevator.

He went back to his seat, leaned his body to the chair, his head faced the ceiling, he covered his face with his hand. He was tired body and soul. He really didn’t expect that night to end that way.

to be continued

Hello guys, how are you guys doing? I hope it’s good because summer is coming closer! Yeay! Sorry it took me really long to update this story. It’s more than a month since I updated the last chapter. I was really really busy, earlier this month i just got my bachelor degree (yaaay!!) and because of that I had to prepare everything for almost a month. I did really want to write, but then I got a lot of things to do.

Many of you guys said that the last chapter was really sweet and I’m so sorry to make this chapter this way, but I promise to write the next chapter really soon! This chapter's title taken from one of my favorite song, So Close by Jon Mc Laughlin. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter ^^

Happy reading yeorobundeul! Have a nice weekend! ^^