Saved by a Stranger

Memoir: The Forgotten Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yu and I went a little bit early on our classroom for the first day of class. We didn't have a hard time looking for our classroom because we were given a map and our class master list through e-mail last night. Upon entering the classroom, I already noticed that some of our classmates are already close with each other and are busy socializing. Yu and I sat at the last row with me at the far end, having the window at my side. And because of the cold wind entering the room through the window I felt a little bit sleepy and maybe mainly because of waking up that early. So I rested my head on the desk for a while. The class was about to start when one of my classmates, tapped the teacher's table loudly to catch everybody's attention.

"Does everybody know here the reason why the Acad was being functioned separately? It was said that it was because vampires are fond of the human blood." Many of my classmates were curious about what the girl had said. Well I guess that includes me but some just continued what they were doing.

"What are you talking about?" One of classmates asked in reply.

"I was part of the Journalism Department when I was in Junior High and I heard my instructors talking 'bout this topic. And isn't it obvious? Why would there be such a rule about not staying late if we are totally safe with the vampires? If they are here to protect us why bother themselves with that rule?" She said that resulted my classmates to start their whispering discussion.

"Then do you have solid and reliable facts to prove your statement?" I said. And I didn't even know why I said that. It was like a reflex.

"M..mwo?!" She said and I think she was caught off guard by my question.

"Then if you don't have facts, I believe that what you're saying is false and that you are just causing a rumor. That is very unintelligent of you. We are protected by the vampires. Even our Government has trusted the Vampires of our safety and we don't even have the right to question the system." I explained further. Tsk, I hate myself for the attention that the whole class is giving me.

"So are you associated with them? If you can boldly say that then I bet you also have your proofs on hand."

"What if I have?" I said and everyone gasped.

"Yah Shinhye what are you saying?" Yu whispered to me. Tss, I thought that it would be Yu's mouth who will put me to danger but nah... It was me all along.

"Then show it to us." The girl bravely challenged me. And I'm in no point of return.

"I will. Tomorrow." I clearly stated. Tsk I hate myself for turning into this situation.

"Then tomorrow it is."

The door opened and our Professor for the first lecture had arrived. The girl eyed me throughout her whole walk to her seat. I gulped. I must not take defeat. I have to find proofs and slam it in her face tomorrow. And the real deal is- how the effin way would I do that?

 

---

 

The class has ended and that annoying girl hasn't stopped bugging me all day. And I'll be damn if won't get that proof by tomorrow. How am I supposed to do that if I can stay late? It's still Tuesday tomorrow so the Friday and Saturday classes can't wait. So in order for me to encounter and ask a vampire today is to stay late. And I absolutely can't do that.

"So have you come up with a plan already?" Yu asked as we went out our classroom. I sighed. It's the first day of class and I got me into trouble already.

"I will go home in the dorm with you for me to have an alibi that I stayed in the dorm the whole night then I'll sneak out. And just go with what my instincts will tell me then. Don't worry about me okay? I won't carry you in this."

"Who says I'm worried about you? I'm worried if you will join me with your problem. Tch." She said and left me behind. I smiled knowing that she's worried but she doesn't want to tell me straight. Ahh Yubi...

 

When the night befell, I carefully went off my bed and silently walked to the door. I turned the knob and it made a tingling metal sound.  I'm about to fully open the door when Yu called to me.

"Yah Shinhye-yah be careful to not get caught. I still want to defeat you in the class standings." Yu whispered, careful not to wake anyone from the other rooms. I nodded in reply and stepped out of the door. I closed the door shut behind me and silently walked through the dark hallway with only my cellphone as the source of light. Thanks Sister Ye-jin for giving me this hand phone. I mentally uttered.

I continued walking. I feel tons of sweat dropped. This mission of mine is totally taking away my insanity.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter