Chapter 35

Let Me Love You

Taeyeon was lying on the bed playing game on her phone. She was about to break her high score when Tiffany's shriek startled her and she almost dropped the device.

She threw the phone to a side and ran to the kitchen -to where the scream came from- and found Tiffany cowering in fear with hands over her ears and eyes shut tightly.

"Fany-ah, what happened? Are you okay?" Taeyeon walked towards her girlfriend and crouched beside her, placing a hand on her back and gave soothing pats.

"There's a cockroach." She pointed to her back, with her eyes still closed.

"Yah, you're at least 100 times bigger than a cockroach. Why are you so afraid of such small being?" Taeyeon chuckled and ruffled Tiffany's hair.

"Shut up. And get rid of it. I'm in the middle of baking!"

"Yes, Ma'am!" Taeyeon did a mock salute. "Come on, stand up. If you close your eyes you won't be able to see it crawling towards you."

Tiffany jumped up almost instantly and ran into Taeyeon's embrace. She hugged her girlfriend tightly as she scanned the room for the insect.

Taeyeon patted Tiffany's and took a step away from her. She took the newspaper lying on the counter and rolled it up. "Stay put. I'll go get it."

She cautiously and quietly tiptoed towards the insect in the corner of the kitchen. She was a few steps away from the cockroach when it started flying towards Taeyeon. It was like the cockroach could sense its life was about to end so it fought to stay alive.

"Ahh!!!!!" Taeyeon shrieked and ducked, avoiding the incoming insect which flew out of the window.

Tiffany stood rooted to the ground, baffled at Taeyeon's reaction. Wasn't she supposed to protect her and get rid of the cockroach? Why did it seem like her knight in shining armour was just as afraid as she was?

"Yah, Kim Taeyeon!" She wasn't sure if she should laugh or get angry at her girlfriend.

Taeyeon stood up slowly and sheepishly grinned, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Sorry Fany-ah. I didn't know it could fly. Flying cockroach is a big no-no to me." She picked up the newspaper from the ground and put it on the counter.

Tiffany laughed and gave her a hug, then kissed her on the lips. "Thanks for trying though. You're my hero."

Taeyeon's hand went around her waist and held her close to her body. "Anytime for my lady. Do you need help with baking? What are you making anyway?"

"Cupcakes for Sunny. She's planning to introduce a new flavour and asked me to help with it."

"What are you, her business partner now?"

Tiffany shrugged. "Wouldn't hurt to be one."

"If you really like it, we can talk to her someday. Could be a good investment, you know, if in future you're planning not to model anymore."

"I'll think about it. You're not against it? I mean, if there were any dispute you'll be stuck in the middle."

"I believe you guys are pros and can handle it perfectly. So nope, I am not worried."

Tiffany kissed the tip of Taeyeon's nose and got out of her embrace. "Let's start baking. I gotta get to Sunny Day before dinner time."

Taeyeon wore her pink apron and got to work. Who knows she might get rewarded for being such a great help?

 

---

 

They walked side by side, strolling after their satisfying dinner, both with masks covering more than half of their face. Although the paparazzi wouldn't be interested in filming two female artistes, it was better to be safe than sorry.

As they walked on, Juhyun found the atmosphere awkward for some reason, and a little bit of something else that she couldn't quite put her finger on.

At first she thought it was accidental that Yoona's fingers brushed across hers as they walked. But it got more frequent and she wasn't sure anymore. Was Yoona trying to hint something, or she had read too much into the innocent action?

"Let's head over to your place and watch a movie or two," suggested Yoona.

"Sure. You don't have any schedule tomorrow?"

"Not until later in the day. What about you? Do you have filming in the morning?"

Juhyun shook her head as they walked on, towards her car. The street was bustling with people the moment they turned a corner, as it was the entrance of the subway. Yoona was a step behind Juhyun as it was too crowded to be walking side by side. When they reached the end of the street, from the corner of her eyes she saw a bicycle coming towards them at a high speed and Juhyun's head turned to the other side to check for cars, totally oblivious.

Juhyun was about to step forward when a hand pulled her back. She stumbled on her steps and fell into Yoona's embrace. A bicycle zoomed pass right infront of her eyes. It dawned on her that she was so close to being hit.

"Yah!"

She heard Yoona shout but she was still too shocked to react. Yoona let go of Juhyun's arm and searched for her eyes.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"I-I I'm okay."

"Riders these days. Should at least ring the bell or use a headlight. He's lucky you're not hurt if not I'll hunt him down personally." She huffed. If only bicycles have something like car plate number, she'd for sure get the man fined for bringing danger to pedestrians.

Juhyun burst out laughing at Yoona's comical expression, feeling a lot better. The model's brows were almost sticking together since she was frowning deeply. She couldn't see but she was sure there's a slight pout.

"Yah, you're not supposed to laugh at me. But I'll take it as you're okay."

"Thanks for saving me. I was just in shock, that's all." She patted Yoona's arm.

"Come on, let's cross the road."

Yoona checked for any approaching cars then reached out for Juhyun's hand and held it tightly, pulling her along as she walked.

Juhyun looked at their interlocked hands and shyly gave it a small squeeze to convey her appreciation for the care Yoona showered her with just a minute ago.

When they were at the other side of the road, Juhyun thought Yoona would let go of her hand but the latter held on -even tighter than before- and continued advancing towards her car. The atmosphere suddenly turned a little pinkish; it was like you're out with your crush and suddenly she held your hand, unwilling to let it go.

Juhyun knows that Yoona appreciated skinship. She saw how she would hug her Unnies, but she never did hold their hands. The most they did was to link their arms together. Was her hand reserved for... the person she likes?

Would this be an ideal time to confess? It was a 50-50 chance. Either she liked her too, or she was just being really sweet to Juhyun as a friend. Now the question was to throw caution to the wind and confess, or to wait a little more?

 

---

 

"B-but you promised!"

"Sorry, Taetae. I have to go for this show."

"You'll be gone for a week! And on my birthday week!" Taeyeon pouted and folded her arms across her chest.

Tiffany scooted closer to her girlfriend and kissed the pouting lips. "Come on, I'll make it up to you, I swear. Stop pouting."

"You promised." Taeyeon softly said.

"I know, I'm sorry." Tiffany held Taeyeon in her arms.

They were supposed to go on a short getaway to Bali for Taeyeon's birthday. Unfortunately, Tiffany was summoned to go for this fashion show in Singapore. In fact, not only her, the other fellow models were also called back to work without much notice.

She was just as upset as Taeyeon was. They were looking forward to that trip since they've been planning for it a year ago. It was difficult to find time as she was always busy with modelling, while Taeyeon leads a 9-5pm life, only working overtime if she had projects.

She had considered changing career but I was easier said than done. She liked her job very much. Taeyeon's not very happy with the physical contact she had with male models, that she knew. But she had nothing to be afraid of. Didn't she leave a hunk for her? Although well, not exactly for her but because of her.

Taeyeon sighed and patted Tiffany's thigh. "It's okay, Fany-ah. I understand you didn't have a choice. I just wished we could spend my birthday together, somewhere romantic."

There was nothing she could do anyway. Unless...

"Hey! I can go to Singapore with you!" Taeyeon exclaimed excitedly, getting out of Tiffany's embrace.

She saw the horror in Tiffany's eyes and deflated. "Not a good idea, huh? Sorry. I'll just cancel my leave."

She knew how upset Tiffany would get if she still couldn't keep the jealously down. She didn't want to go through that again. Once was enough.

"Hey." Tiffany lifted Taeyeon's head up by her chin. "I didn't mean to look afraid. It's just-" She exhaled. "Okay, let's go. Come to Singapore with me."

"Are you sure?" Taeyeon studied her expression to see if there was any hint of Tiffany being forced to agree just because she didn't want her to be upset.

"Yes, 100 percent sure. We can still celebrate your birthday together, just in another country. You'd like that right?"

"You kidding?! I love it! I promise I'll be good."

"Okay." She leaned closer to Taeyeon and sealed both their promises with a kiss. "If you break your promise, no for a month."

"One month?!" Taeyeon gasped.

"Yes, one." Tiffany held out her index finger and waggled at Taeyeon's face.

She knew how Taeyeon liked the activity and hoped that it would remind her not to act rashly when they're in Singapore. Especially since there would be a lot of models around- male and female.

"Fine, deal!"

 

---

 

"Are you all set for the trip?"

"Kind of. I haven't packed though."

"What?! Taeng, you're flying tomorrow!" Yuri stared at her friend. She's going to Singapore for five days and yet she has yet to pack?!

"I know. I just- I don't know what I should bring. Fany's busy with the briefing and all. We'll probably pack later." She shrugged. It wasn't like she didn't book the hotel or flight. Packing should be easy.

Yuri smirked and leaned closer to Taeyeon's ear. "Some y lingerie, maybe?"

"Yah!" Taeyeon pushed Yuri's head away and blushed deep red.

Her friend almost died of laughter if not for the stare her wife was giving her. Whipped, Taeyeon thought, just like me.

"Perhaps you can try bringing some toys to spice up the life. We could maybe recommend you a few if you'd like."

Taeyeon almost choked on her water when Hyoyeon said that with a straight face. What in the world is wrong with these two? And I thought I was the ertic one. Wait till Fany hears about this.

"Y-yah! Our bedroom affair has got nothing to do with the both of you! Stop!"

Hyoyeon shrugged and went back to flipping through her magazine as Yuri chortled away, totally ignoring the death glare Taeyeon was sending her way.

"What are you guys laughing at? Especially you, Kwon Yuri."

Tiffany could hear Yuri's laughter all the way from the kitchen. She came to Sunny's restaurant to help with the taste test for this new flavour of cupcake the pastry chef came up with. Taeyeon wanted to tag along and they found the married couple having their brunch.

Taeyeon's eyes lit up the moment Tiffany walked towards her and gave her a peck on her cheek. She grinned and pulled out the chair so her girlfriend could sit beside her. The latter thanked her by giving the best eyesmile that Taeyeon knew was for her and her only.

"Oh my, I'm gonna puke."

"Shut up you black pearl."

"Yah! We decided to drop that nickname!" Yuri whined.

She wasn't as dark as before but her friends would still about it. It's not her fault for being athletic thus getting tanned really easily. She turned to her wife and pouted, hoping that she would help her get back at Taeyeon. But the love of her life did nothing and continued flipping through the magazine.

"I should have known." Yuri threw her hands up in defeat and slumped into the chair.

 

---

 

"Alright! One more round starting from the top! Let's go!"

The models scrambled from where they were resting at the audience seat back to the backstage.

Tiffany was hungry yet hyped. She couldn't wait to get the rehearsals over and done with so she could go back to her girlfriend, have a nice meal or to just walk around the city.

"Tiffany!"

She turned to the assistant standing a few feet away from her as she was climbing up the stairs.

"Yes?"

"You have a delivery. Catch!"

The assistant threw the bottle on hand towards Tiffany and she grabbed it effortlessly.

"Good catch! Now go go go! You don't wanna be late for rehearsal!"

"Thanks Sam!" She waved the bottle and continued her way to the backstage.

She saw the little heartshape on the bottle cap and smiled. Taeyeon bought her the much-needed energy drink and got it delivered here, probably by the hotel staff.

Even without the drink, she felt pumped to get this rehearsal over and done with so she could shower her girlfriend with kisses. Lots and lots of kisses for being so attentive to her needs even though she wasn't beside her.

"Everybody here?" The director paused. "Okay, good. From the top! Give us your best shot, you hear?!"

It was the last rehearsal before the big day tomorrow. Everyone was excited yet nervous. The first few days were spent having dry rehearsals and adjusting the clothes to fit the models perfectly.

Tiffany went out with Taeyeon whenever they could, exploring the city since it was technically a business trip for Tiffany. Although the weather was a little humid, they had so much fun together, snapping pictures as and when they felt like it.

She had to maintain her weight so she couldn't eat as much as Taeyeon did. But the latter promised they would go on a feast on the last day of their trip. Oh, she missed her girlfriend already. Was it normal to be this clingy? After almost 3 years of dating they were still in their honeymoon period, with the occassional fights. But Tiffany wasn't going to complain. She liked this pace of theirs.

 

---

 

Taeyeon was in the hotel room flipping the channels, feeling bored. She settled on some movie before lying back, staring blankly at the television.

She wanted to head out but was afraid that she would get lost, and Tiffany would surely freak out if she didn't find her in their room. But maybe she could wait in the lobby, or perhaps the bar next to it? She took her phone and sent a text to Tiffany, telling her to meet her in the bar once she's done. And that they're heading out for dinner.

Taeyeon smiled as she added kissing emoticons to her text, sending her love virtually before she could kiss her girlfriend for real. She leaped up from the bed and prepared to head out.

She hummed to herself as she advanced towards the bar. It was about dinner time so the bar wasn't that crowded. She went to the bartender straight and ordered a mocktail and fries to go with it. She wouldn't want to upset Tiffany should the latter find out she had been drinking without her around. Tiffany disliked her drinking in public since her tolerance for alcohol was as close to a kid.

"Thank you." She said as the bartender slided the glass of non-alcoholic drink towards her.

He winked at her and went back to organizing his workspace. That almost made Taeyeon gag if not for the fact that the bartender's dimple made him look cute. Taeyeon hid the smile slowly creeping up her face with the glass as she imagined how Tiffany would react if she were here.

"One on the beach, please." A female sat beside her and ordered. 

"Coming right up." The bartender started preparing the drink, but not before flashing his dimpled smile at the newcomer.

Taeyeon almost laughed at how hard this guy was trying. She wondered if he ever succeeded in any of his advances, although she could bet on the rest of the fries that he failed.

"Are you a tourist?" The lady asked in fluent English.

"Yes." Taeyeon turned to her right and smiled politely before going back to her fries. There were only the two of them seated at the bar so she knew the stranger was talking to her.

"Korean?" She asked, this time round in her mother tongue.

"Ah, yes. You're Korean too?"

At first Taeyeon didnt't wish to talk to her but now that they could converse in Korean, she didn't mind chatting with this friendly lady who dressed smart, with long sleeved shirt and pants. Probably here for a business trip.

They started chatting and asked polite questions like where's their hometown, what's the purpose of their visit to Singapore and so on. Through that, Taeyeon got to know that the lady's name is Nana and she's a fashion designer. That explained the exquisite look and the aura Nana had.

Taeyeon did not divulge much about herself, neither did Nana. It seemed they both know this was just a friendly chat to kill time and boredom. Of course, she didn't tell the fashion designer about her model girlfriend just in case they're working on the same project. Which was a high possibility considering how her girlfriend's in the ballroom having her final rehearsal, and a fashion designer sitting at the bar with her.

Soon enough, they were both talking like old friends, sharing embarrassing stories that left both of them laughing and gasping for air. Taeyeon thought it would be a long wait but with a newfound friend and second glass of mocktail, time didn't seem like an issue anymore.

 

---

 

I chose Nana (After School) because she's Nana. XD Another pretty lady, don't you think so? Let's ignore the fact that Tiffany seemed more like the fashion designer and Nana the model. It's fiction, guys! LOL.

I'll try to get another chapter up this week. (If you've been reading my notes, I don't really stick to what I say. Well, I wanted to end the story with 35 chapters but look! It's Chapter 35 but nowhere near the end. Hahaha!)

I know the chapters are considerably lighter without much depth. And I'm sorry I've been giving you guys snippets of their life. I find it more interesting this way. The different sides to Kim Taeyeon and Hwang Miyoung's cohabitation. Or would you guys prefer a more detailed account?

As always, thank you for the subs, comments and upvotes! ^^

-E