Chapter 34

Let Me Love You

"You're unbelievable!" Tiffany screamed as she slammed the front door shut, striding quickly towards Taeyeon.

"What? I was merely stating the fact!" Taeyeon, who was walking towards the bedroom stopped and turned around to face her.

"We agreed to keep it low profile! Why did you have to blurt it out like that?!" Tiffany got angrier by the minute and couldn't help but raise her volume. She was at her maximum.

"He was blatantly flirting with you infront of me! Your girlfriend! How could I not?!" Taeyeon fired back, feeling her ears tingling as she took deep breaths. She had hardly screamed like that at Tiffany. She was too precious to be screamed at but this time round she wasn't going to hold back. She wasn't the one at fault here.

"You could've waited for me to react!"

"Did you see where his hands were?! He was about to feel you up!" Taeyeon slammed her fist down on the table, finding this argument ridiculous.

That shut Tiffany up. She knew her coworker was that kind of guy -or so she had heard from others- but nevertheless Taeyeon had overreacted.

This was why she would try to prevent Taeyeon from visiting her at work. The overprotective side of her would come out and that's what Tiffany was afraid of. Taeyeon had a temper, she knew, but hardly showed it unless she's really pissed off. Like now.

"We're pros, Taeyeon. Intimate contact is needed for this job, you know that." Tiffany softened her tone, fully aware where Taeyeon was coming from. Perhaps she could get to her without screaming at the top of her lungs.

"Not when his hands were gonna grab your . I saw it with my own eyes. I can tolerate his hand anywhere but the two parts that starts with 'b'. That's too intimate and no professional photoshoot requires that. Yoong's a model too, so I know. Stop trying to defend him. I don't even know why you're doing that in the first place."

This was what angered Taeyeon the most. Instead of siding with her, Tiffany sided with the model who was being unprofessional, thinking he could get into the pants of anyone he worked with. Not this one. He'd have to go through me first.

"Fine, maybe he was a little touchy but that's not the right way to deal with it!"

"What is, then? He s you, you continue working like usual and give him the wrong idea that you're available and you like what he did? After the photoshoot he tries to bring you home and you politely reject him saying you have someone? Is that it?" Taeyeon challenged. Was Tiffany even listening to herself? This was getting more and more ridiculous!

"Wh-wha... WHAT DO YOU TAKE ME FOR! You think I'd let him me?!"

"It didn't seem like you knew what he wanted to do. How would I know?" Taeyeon shrugged nonchalantly.

"Kim Taeyeon, I'm disappointed in you. I don't even want to look at you right now, let alone talk. You're taking the couch tonight." Tiffany went into their bedroom and slammed the door shut, channeling all her frustration to the poor door.

Taeyeon huffed and plopped down into the couch angrily. She was not backing down this time round. She could apologize for anything but being protective towards her girlfriend was not on the list. Which, by the way, the latter didn't seem to appreciate the gesture.

All she did was to yell 'take your hands off my girlfriend' to the model. Was it wrong of her to protect what's hers? Did Tiffany know she's doing this for her? She placed a cushion over her face and screamed, muffling her frustrated cry.

 

---

 

"You're still not talking to each other?"

Taeyeon shook her head dejectedly and heaved a sigh. "She doesn't want to. She's ignoring me."

"Really?" Sunny squeaked. "It's been a week, Tae!" She was beyond surprised. Two years into the relationship and the worse argument thus far let to a 3-days cold war. It was never this long. The lovebirds just couldn't keep their hands off each other, or so everyone thought.

"I know." Taeyeon let out a frustrated groan. "I may have overreacted but the way he was looking at her made me so mad."

Sunny leaned forward and patted Taeyeon's shoulder. "But there were no consequences right?"

"Fortunately no. They agreed to keep it to themselves. The male model included."

"Then why is she still so upset?"

"Because she thinks that I'm not supportive of her being a model. I mean, yeah, we've been talking about her career and I told her I can try to keep the jealously to the minimum but I just couldn't." Taeyeon stirred her cup of coffee that had already cooled.

"How could I when she bares her skin wearing bikini for photoshoots and sticking close to men which, by the way, have raging hormones? I feel better if I were there for those photoshoots but at times when I can't make it, it just... I just- it's natural for me to think of men putting their hands on Tiffany. my Tiffany. And I just can't keep the jealousy at bay."

"You're so whipped." There was a tinge of amusement and playfulness in Sunny's tone. In her past relationships Taeyeon was hardly this protective of her other half. Tiffany got her good.

"Thanks for stating the obvious." She huffed, rolling her eyes.

"I'm sure she knows there are boundaries not to cross. I mean, she's a pro. I'm sure back in the States she had a lot of suitors and was able to fend them off. I'm not telling you to trust the models, but I'm telling you to trust Fany. She knows what she's doing so let her be. She's a smart and strong woman, Tae. She's capable of taking care of herself."

Taeyeon sighed and slouched, deflating a little. "You're right. It seemed like I didn't trust her but I do! I just don't trust men."

"Talk to her. Buy her something. Cheer her up. Do whatever it takes. Tell her your thoughts. You're too used to bottling everything up but it's time to be frank with your feelings. I'm sure Tiffany would appreciate you opening up to her more."

Sunny saw her customer raise up his hand and she stood up, patted Taeyeon's shoulder and went over to assist.

Taeyeon looked at the screensaver of her phone and brushed her thumb across Tiffany's face. Perhaps she had been a little too harsh with her words. She sighed and stood up, pocketing her phone.

She didn't tell Tiffany she took the day off today, still upset at what happened between them. She needed a break and some comforting words from her best friend. She should make it up to Tiffany. A nice home cooked meal sounds great.

Grocery shopping it is.

 

---

 

Tiffany stood outside the door and frowned. Her apartment smelled like steak and Taeyeon was supposed to still be at work. Did she leave work earlier?

She unlocked the door and stepped in. The aroma was mouth-watering. It had been a while since Taeyeon cooked steak. What was the occasion today?

The sizzling of the pan got louder as Tiffany walked closer to the kitchen. She could see Taeyeon's back view. The blonde tied her hair up into a loose bun, wearing her comfortable t-shirt over a sweatpants. The pink apron Tiffany bought was tied around her waist. She was sure Taeyeon had on her earphones as the woman was bobbing her head, tapping the rhythmn with her feet.

Tiffany smiled at that sight. For the past week she hardly paid any attention to Taeyeon. She wanted to apologize but she was too proud to do so, thus she chose to ignore her girlfriend. She had regretted telling Taeyeon to sleep on the couch the moment the laid on the bed. The bed felt so big and she had a hard time falling asleep without Taeyeon's hand around her waist, and her body flushed against hers.

She walked towards Taeyeon and pulled one of the earphones down.

"Hey."

Taeyeon almost dropped the spatula in hand when she felt another presence. She turned her head so quickly that her head might snap.

Tiffany saw how shocked Taeyeon was and sheepishly grinned. "Sorry. I thought this wouldn't shock you that much compared to touching you."

"Hey." Taeyeon switched off the stove and placed the cooked steak onto the plate. "You're home early."

"Yeah, the photoshoot went well."

"Oh. Go wash up. Dinner will be ready soon." Taeyeon said as she went to check on the soup she was boiling.

Tiffany watched Taeyeon skillfully adding the chopped onions into the boiling pot and cautiously stepped towards her. She kissed her on the cheek and muttered her thanks before heading to their room.

Taeyeon smiled when she felt Tiffany's lips on her cheek. It was her way of apologizing, she knew. This meant the cold war could stop. She missed her girlfriend so much.

 

---

 

"Can we fight like this more often?" Taeyeon nuzzled her face into Tiffany's hair.

"What? Why?" Tiffany turned around to face her, giving her the are-you-out-of-your-mind look. Why would she even want to fight like that? It's so tiring.

"Because the make up was amazing." Taeyeon chortled, finding her reason ridiculous. But the activity was really mind blowing, she had to admit.

"Yah~" Tiffany whined and pinched Taeyeon's side. She knew how loud she could get when they're at it, especially when Taeyeon made her feel so good. But she was still shy when it comes to jokes like this.

"I missed you." Taeyeon kissed her nose tip and held the girl closer.

"Me too. Can we try to minimize quarrels and fights? It was so miserable without you in bed. I haven't been sleeping well."

"But the se-" Before Taeyeon could finish her sentence, Tiffany lifted her head and kissed her.

"Shut up."

Taeyeon laughed and held her tighter. "Okay, okay. If we were to fight again, can I not sleep on the couch? My back hurts. At least let me sleep on the bed? I'll promise to keep my hands to myself."

Tiffany laughed when she felt Taeyeon's hand roaming her body. "Yah, I'm tired."

Taeyeon kept her hands at Tiffany's back obediently. "Shall we go finish our dinner?"

After Taeyeon was done with cooking, she went to the bathroom to look for Tiffany since the latter was taking longer than usual. She was afraid that something might happen to her.

But she walked in to see Tiffany's back. There was water running down her body as she washed her body. Taeyeon couldn't keep her eyes off and gulped. She started taking off her clothes and joined Tiffany in the shower, startling the girl. She almost screamed if not for Taeyeon's mouth over hers. They eventually ended up in the bedroom, with their dinner long forgotten.

"Let's. You put in so much effort for it. I'll go heat the food up."

Tiffany got out of Taeyeon's hold, grabbing her t-shirt from the floor and wore it. Taeyeon's eyes twinkled as she watched Tiffany putting on her shirt while walking out of the room.

Damn you, Tiffany. She was sure her girlfriend knew how much it turned her on whenever Tiffany's in her clothes.

 

---

 

Yoona bit her lip as she contemplated if she should call Juhyun. She heard some rumours that made her uncomfortable and curious at the same time.

What are you afraid of, actually? Just call and ask. Im Yoona, don't be such a coward. Juhyun would reply you nicely. Yeah, that's right. Just call.

Yoona pressed the call button on her phone and pressed the phone to her ear. She bit her fingernail as it started to ring.

"Hello?" The melodic voice came through and Yoona almost forgot the purpose of her call.

"Hi, Juhyun. It's me, Yoona."

"I know, silly. Your name showed up on my phone." Juhyun giggled, finding Yoona cute.

"I uh, are you busy right now? Can you talk?"

"I'm filming but having my break now. So yeah, I guess I can. What's up?"

"I-I... I heard..." Yoona waited for any reaction from the actress but there was none. Did she not know she's the hot topic now?

"The tabloid... the rumour..."

"What rumour?"

"The rumour that you're seeing this actor?"

"Oh, that."

Yoona held her breath. Uh-oh. Juhyun didn't sound pleasant. Damn. I shouldn't have called!

"I-it's okay if you don't want to talk about it. I mean, I'm no-"

"It's just a rumour to bring up the ratings of both our ongoing drama. You know, media play?" Juhyun cut off what Yoona was trying to say.

"Really?!" She replied albeit excitedly. She heard herself and cleared , masking her sudden outburst. "So it's all a set up?"

"Yes. We were told to pretend to be dating. Our managers were around actually."

"I see."

"Did you call just to ask that?"

Yoona's brain started working to come up with reasons to make it less obvious that it was indeed the purpose.

"No, actually, I called to ask if you're free for dinner tonight?"

Smooth, Yoona, very smooth. That's right, continue this way.

"I should be done after this take. I'll text you again later?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll be waiting."

Juhyun ended the call with a triumph smile on her face. She didn't miss the tone Yoona used when the latter found out she's not dating the actor.

She was reluctant to agree to such media play at first, because that's not who she is, and she didn't want her fans to think of her badly. Her manager assured her that it would do her image no harm, in fact it would allow her to gain more publicity.

She didn't care about all that, but the reason why she agreed to it was because she wanted to test Yoona to see her reaction to this. If she showed signs of jealousy, then it could be that there's still chance for Juhyun to do something. If not, she'll stick to whatever role Yoona wanted her to be and move on.

Fortunately, thanks to the call, Juhyun was able to pick up the nervousness in Yoona's voice. And when there's still hope, Juhyun would not give up.

 

---

 

"Hi Unnie." Yoona beamed as Taeyeon opened the door.

"Hey, come on in." Taeyeon stood aside and closed the door after Yoona.

"Where's Fany unnie?"

"She's out to run some errands with Sunny. Something about redecorating the restaurant."

"I see."

"You can choose the movies near the player. I'll go get us some snacks and drinks."

"Okay."

Taeyeon prepared some light snacks and drinks for their movie session. They watched movies that Yoona was interested in but couldn't watch in the theatre because of work. They mostly watched in silence, with the occasional exchange of comments here and there.

When the third movie ended, Taeyeon switched off the TV and player and sat facing Yoona.

"Come on, out with it. What's wrong? Something happened at work? Relationship issues? Family problems?"

"Wha-"

"Don't try to give me bull like 'nothing's wrong' or 'I can deal with it myself'. I know you, Im Yoona." Taeyeon sternly remarked and pointed her finger at the model.

Yoona kept silent as she collected her thoughts. She came to Taeyeon because she bonded the best with her, and blonde always treated her like a younger sister. Not like the others didn't, she just felt more comfortable with Taeyeon.

"Unnie... how did you realize you fell for Fany unnie?" Yoona fiddled with her fingers and avoided having eye contact with Taeyeon. She was too shy to look directly at her.

Taeyeon was doing a celebratory dance in her head as her lips twitched, forming a small smile. Was Yoona finally going to address the dubious relationship with Juhyun?

"Well, it differs for everyone so I'm just gonna tell you how I felt, okay?"

Yoona looked up briefly to see the mischievious smile on Taeyeon's face. It made her blush when she realized why Taeyeon was smiling.

"You knew!" Yoona gasped.

"We all do."

Taeyeon burst out laughing when Yoona's face turned red. The model hid her face behind her hands and groaned. I knew it! It was too obvious!

"Sihoon oppa's birthday party."

Yoona looked up and gave her a confused face. "Sihoon oppa?"

"Yes. The day we met Tiffany. I knew she was different but I didn't know why or how. It was like everything she did was magnified. I couldn't keep my eyes off her. And after that day I wanted to see her again. You know what's her best feature? Her eyes. I've always been mesmerized by her eyes."

"It's just like falling in love with a man. There's no difference actually. You'll still feel butterflies in your stomach. You'll still hold your breath when she's too near. You'll still be like a lovestruck fool infront of her. So really, whatever you're feeling now is basically just that. You're in love with her, Yoona-ya. Or at least you like her very much."

Taeyeon told Yoona whatever she needed or wanted to hear. She knew where the model was coming from. It took her a while to accept herself. So she was willing to help her friend as much as she could.

"I like her," whispered Yoona, a smile spreading across her face. "Thanks, Unnie. I know what to do now."

Taeyeon patted her shoulder and stood up. "Shall we go to Sunny Day? I'm kinda hungry."

"Are you sure it's because you're hungry, or you miss Fany unnie?" Yoona teased.

"Shut up." Taeyeon glared at her and strutted into the bedroom to change.

Talking about relationships made her miss her girlfriend already, and it was only one afternoon. Kim Taeyeon you're hopeless.

 

---

 

I accidentally deleted one whole chunk of this chapter. Couldn't remember what I had in mind so yeah, kinda frustrated that I had to re-type it. Lost the initial feel of it. Oh well.

Here's another chapter! Thanks for the comments and subs!

Happy TaeNy Day guys!

-E