Chapter 28

Let Me Love You

"Look at that megawatt smile!"

"Did you strike the lottery?"

"Got a promotion?"

"You got laid last night?"

Everyone turned to Yuri, giving her the are-you-kidding-me look.

"What? It's possible." Yuri shrugged as she folded her arms, ignoring the stares coming from her friends.

They all rolled their eyes and focused back on Taeyeon. She was all smiles the moment she stepped through that door and they were all curious.

Where did the emotional Taeyeon go to? She was really distracted for the past few weeks, staring at her phone sadly as if it broke. Of course they knew it was Tiffany; none of them knew where she went to either.

Taeyeon ignored all of their comments and looked into their eyes, with a grin on her face. She felt like the winner of the universe, so sue her for feeling happy.

"I found Tiffany."

"You what?"

"Really?!"

"Where is Unnie?"

"How did you find her?"

"Where is she?"

She was bombarded with questions and she answered them patiently one by one, explaining to them how she managed to find the model. She also mentioned they were back to talking terms.

Her friends were all relieved and happy for them both. Finally they could see light at the end of the tunnel.

"So yeah, that's how I found her. I'm glad she didn't hang up on me though."

"Unnie, so what do you plan to do?" Juhyun asked.

From her point of view, it seemed there was a high possibility of both of them getting together, although Tiffany's stand on this was still unclear. They looked too cute to not be together, honestly. This push and pull had to stop.

"I'm gonna pursue her, no backing out this time round." Taeyeon said confidently, with a light gleam in her eyes.

She would only be this confident when she's sure of it. She could feel the similar desire within Tiffany as they were talking for the past few weeks. Unless she had been reading it wrongly.

Her friends cheered as they stood up to pat her shoulder, shake her, squeeze her in a tight hug. She laughed her unique laughter all these while, taking in the happiness her friends felt for her.

"I'm happy for you, Taeng." Sooyoung whispered in her ear as she hugged Taeyeon. "She's the one, I could feel it."

A wide smile spreaded across her face as she hugged her friend back. She felt as if she's on cloud nine. But she had to prepare her heart if Tiffany, by any chance, rejected her the second time. It was gonna hurt more for sure, since the confession this time round would be planned. Nevertheless, she was going to give her all and nobody could stop her.

 

---

 

"You don't seem like you just broke an engagement and got out of a long relationship," commented Mr Hwang as he ate his dinner.

Tiffany sighed as she placed her fork down. Her dad had been rubbing it in ever since she got back and it had already been two weeks. Would she ever hear the end of it?

"Dad..."

"What? Just stating the fact. You've been on the phone a lot recently. Who are you talking to?"

"A friend back in Korea," she answered, pushing her plate away. She had lost her appetite.

"A man?"

"Woman, dad. What's your problem?" She groaned frustratedly. She felt like a teenager again, with all these background check by her father.

"At least I could rule out the possibility of you cheating on Siwon."

"Dad! That's uncalled for! What do you take me for?!" She cried.

She stood up abruptly and took her plate to the kitchen, dumping the untouched spaghetti into the trash can before placing it in the sink, all the while ignoring her father's gaze. How could he say such a thing to his daughter?! Although she admit their breakup was her fault but she did not cheat on him!

She then stomped all the way back into her room, slammed the door shut to indicate she was really furious, and locked the door. She flopped down into her bed and placed her arm over her eyes. If her dad was going to continue being a pain in the arse, she's gonna pack up and fly back to Korea for sure.

She sighed loudly as her phone beeped, indicating a new text message. She reached out for her phone on the bedside table and smiled when she saw the sender's name.

'Hey, you had dinner? I'm on my way to work. ):'

'Yes and no. Why the long face, Miss Kim?'

She held the phone in her hand so she could reply immediately. The reply came a few minutes later and she lifted the phone from her chest to look at it. Her smile widened as she read the text. Taeyeon was always like this, putting her first before herself.

'What do you mean yes and no? Your dad's at it again?'

'He got on my nerves so I dumped half of my dinner into the trash can. Why the long face, Kim Taeyeon? It's Friday.'

'Because you didn't have a proper dinner. I wish I was there. I would stuff you with food. You're losing weight.'

She chuckled at the response. She could visualize Taeyeon pouting as she typed the text and all of a sudden she had this urge to see her.

'Video chat tonight?'

The reply came almost immediately, 'Of course.'

'Alright, see you. Now, stop texting while driving!'

 

---

 

"And that's a wrap for Yoona-ssi!" The director screamed at the top of his lungs.

Every crew clapped, cheered and whistled as the shy Yoona emerged from the car she was filming in. She shook hands, signed on papers and took pictures with fellow casts before walking towards the sulking Juhyun.

"Yah, why that face?" She pinched her cheeks which Juhyun swatted her hand away.

Juhyun knew it wasn't the model's fault for leaving while she still had a bunch of takes waiting for her. After all, she was the female lead. But it would definitely feel empty without her here. Two weeks of filming with Yoona and they were both inseparable. They had breaks together, they came to and got off work together when possible...

She had never felt this attached to someone. All of her past colleagues were just that- colleagues, people she saw during working hours. But Yoona... she wanted to see her whenever she had the chance to. Before work, after work. There's just this aura around her that made people want to flock to her.

"It's your last take."

"Yeah. Time flies huh? So how did I fair, teacher?"

Juhyun broke into a smile at the dorky comment by the model.

"Not bad, actually, for a newbie. Didn't you see how their eyes turned into hearts the moment you stepped in?"

"Yah, do you mean because of looks my acting skills can be ignored?" Yoona sulked. She wasn't expecting that reply.

She thought she would get a good compliment, for she really put in a lot of effort to do well. She didn't want to disappoint herself, and Juhyun. The actress really gave her a lot of advices as well as encouraging words.

Juhyun saw the pout and pinched Yoona's cheek playfully. She was too cute to resist.

"No, I meant you did great. Even before you started filming they were already smitten, so they would definitely pay close attention to you. I'm sure after this 2 weeks you've gained a considerable amount of fans."

Yoona blushed at the compliment and her big hands covered half of her face when she brought it up to cover , hiding her shyness.

Juhyun found this side of Yoona very endearing. She was still not used to compliments despite getting them almost every time she worked. And she would blush like how she was now, hiding behind her big hand.

"Yoona-ssi! Juhyun-ssi! Let's take a group picture!" The director screamed from where he was, breaking the pair's conversation.

"Coming!" Yoona held her hand out to Juhyun and helped her up before screaming back. She squeezed their interlocked hands lightly as she pulled the actress along to the crowd.

"I'll make sure to visit you on set, okay?" Yoona whispered as they got nearer to the crowd.

"I'll take you up on that." Juhyun let go of the model's hand as she went forward to mingle with the crowd.

 

---

 

"So when are you coming back?" Taeyeon asked as she adjusted her position. She was now lying in bed on her tummy, with her laptop in front of her.

They were having their video call and that's the question she would ask as a greeting the moment the call got through, irregardless if she saw Tiffany on the screen or not.

"And hello to you too, Kim Taeyeon."

Tiffany ignored her question as she went ahead to greet the other girl. She chuckled as she heard a loud gasp.

"Oh my... your hair!"

"I dyed it yesterday. How do I look?"

Tiffany twirled the ends of her hair absentmindedly as she waited for Taeyeon's reply. She wasn't really sure if she should go back to black but since the hairstylist assured her that she would look as good as before, or even better, she went for it. She was a er for compliments.

"Stunning," Taeyeon muttered, as if she had difficulty breathing, "absolutely stunning."

Tiffany with black hair had a different aura, it was more youthful, more innocent and well, y. She wanted to say y but held her tongue. Innocent and y didn't go well together but for Tiffany anything was possible. So bite her.

"Thanks." Tiffany shyly replied, basking in the happiness that Taeyeon just complimented her. She hardly did that, so it was really precious. Taeyeon was not a verbal person, she realized. If fact it seemed like the first time she had complimented her. And the gaze Taeyeon gave her was enough to make her shiver.

"Why the sudden urge to dye it black?"

Taeyeon tried her best to maintain her fluttering heart. Tiffany was not helping as she was just wearing a tank top, revealing her black bra underneath. Damnnnn.

"Just felt like it. Might be good for a change. The last time I had black hair was in high school."

"Brunette or black, they both look good on you."

Tiffany suppressed her smile as Taeyeon's compliments flowed out. They were like music to her ears, and she would never get tired of it.

"No, wait!" Taeyeon suddenly screamed, startling Tiffany.

"What?"

"You were trying to divert my attention! Trying to get me mesmerized so you don't have to answer my question!"

Tiffany laughed as she saw that cute pout on Taeyeon's face. The blonde was the one who brought up her hair, not her.

"So when are you coming back?"

"Taeyeon-ah, no matter how many times you ask me, my answer will always be the same."

"Am I not good enough of a reason for you to come back?" Taeyeon whispered. The question was directed at herself, but Tiffany heard it.

"Tae..."

"We all missed you," she paused, "I miss you."

Her heart soared when she heard 'I miss you' coming out of Taeyeon's mouth. Why was this petite-looking girl so adorable?!

"I miss you too."

She watched as Taeyeon's lips twitched, the ends slowly inching upwards. And she had to smile along with that.

What were they? Friends? Each other's crush? The feeling's unmistakably mutual. The giddiness, the small smile on their faces as they video called, the constant flirting...

Was it time to take it to the next level? Was she ready? Would Taeyeon be willing? What about her father? How would he react to this?

"So come back," Taeyeon paused, "come home."

Tiffany looked into the determined pair of eyes and almost agreed immediately, but she thought of her current situation and felt it would be better to talk to her father first before jumping into another relationship.

Her expression softened as she reached out to touch Taeyeon's cheek with her finger through the screen. Thankfully that little gesture wasn't caught by Taeyeon, she probably thought Tiffany's cleaning something off her screen. Her soft gaze changed into a mischievous one as she tried to joke her way out of it.

"But I am home, Kim Taeyeon."

Taeyeon clicked her tongue and groaned in frustration. Tiffany knew how difficult it was for her to say what she felt, what she wanted. But it was not the time yet. She had to settle things here before she could fly back to Korea, back to where she left her heart.

Back to her home- Kim Taeyeon.

 

---

 

Here's another update! Been getting only 4-5 hours of sleep per day and I'm almost gonna drop. XD

But well, I still managed to come up with a chapter 4784238995444 days later. Totally exaggerating.

As usual, thanks for all the subs and comments!

Forever it's Girls' Generation.

-E