Chapter 14

Let Me Love You

Tiffany smacked her lips after swallowing her last bit of food. The steak here was so delicious that she finished everything on her plate.

"I didn't know they opened an outlet here in Korea. Man, that was the best steak I've had in months!" She paused and leaned towards the table. "But don't tell Sunny that. Her steak is good too!"

Taeyeon laughed together with Tiffany and shook her head at the playful brunette. This was actually the first time they both dined alone and she enjoyed it. There was no awkward silence and they talked about anything under the sun.

"Glad you liked it." Taeyeon heaved a sigh of relief. She was still worried that Tiffany might not like the place she had chosen. But looking at the contented brunette, she felt like she did the right thing.

"Do we have time for dessert before the movie?"

Taeyeon checked her watch and nodded her head. "Yeah, we have about 45 minutes. What do you have in mind?"

Tiffany pondered while pouting her lips and Taeyeon wanted so much to pinch her bulging cheeks. "Ice cream?"

Her eyes twinkled at the mention of her favourite dessert of all time. She flashed Tiffany the widest grin ever which caused the latter to smile at that sight.

"Perfect. I know this place near the theatre. Shall we?"

 

---

 

"Seriously? 10 minutes to the start of the movie and there's only the two of us?"

Sunny thought she was running late thus she rushed to the theatre as quickly as possible. When she reached the agreed meeting location, she only managed to see Joonhyuk there. She thought the others went to get snacks and drinks for the movie but when she turned to look around she saw no one.

"Well, this happens when you agree to head out with a group of women."

"Yah! At least I'm the earliest. Shall we get some snacks while waiting?"

"Oppa! Unnie!" They heard a familiar voice and turned around to see Yonna brisk walking towards them with someone trailing behind her. They were unable to see how the person looked like since she was wearing a cap that covered half her face.

"Sorry we're late. Juhyun had to do multiple re-takes for her last scene because of some hiccup."

The person behind Yoona stepped beside her and lifted up her cap. "Hi, I'm Seo Juhyun. Sorry to keep you waiting." She bowed and kept her cap in her bag.

Sunny gasped when she saw the female lead of the drama she was currently hooked onto appear infront of her. She was a fan and she liked the way Juhyun portrayed her characters so far; there were no disappointments.

"Hi! No worries, you're not the latest. I'm Joonhyuk, you can call me Oppa like Yoona." Joonhyuk was the first to recover from the surprise. Although he was not one who watched the latest drama, but his colleagues were all talking about this young actress so he knew who Juhyun was. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, Oppa."

"Can I hug you?" Sunny blurted, totally unaware that she just spoke her thoughts.

"Unnie!" Yoona wasn't sure if she should laugh or frown at the starstruck Sunny. "Juhyun, this is Sunny unnie. She's the owner of the restaurant I brought you to a few weeks ago."

"Ah, Unnie, I love your seafood carbonara!" Juhyun exclaimed excitedly as she shook Sunny's hand.

"You've been to Sunny Day?! Yoong! Why didn't you tell me?!" She smacked the younger girl on the shoulder and pouted. She could have met her favourite actress and gotten her signature, or even a picture together.

"Unnie~ I did tell you about it. I just… didn't mention who."

Sunny racked her brains to recall any information and snapped her fingers when she remembered. "Ah! That day when I was out delivering cupcakes for Min-ho oppa and then I met Tiffany and Taeyeon for dinner!"

 

---


"I still prefer peppermint though," she said as she took another spoonful of said ice cream.

They decided to walk to the theatre, which was a 15 minutes drive away from the ice cream parlour, to work out some of their dinner.

"What? You must try this strawberry cheesecake flavour. It's so nice!" Tiffany offered her cup to Taeyeon and without waiting for the blonde to offer her, she used her spoon to scoop the last bit of ice cream off Taeyeon's cup.

"Yah! I didn't say you can-" She was completely perplexed when Tiffany shoved a spoonful of the strawberry flavoured ice cream into , using the same spoon.

Indirect kiss...

"It's good isn't it? Told you!" Tiffany mistook Taeyeon's silence as the latter liked it and was savoring it. "Anything with strawberry is good.

As she happily finished her cup of ice cream, Taeyeon was a step behind her still wondering what had just happened.

Was Tiffany always this casual with all her friends? Taeyeon had never shared food using the same spoon with anyone apart from Sooyoung and gang. Perhaps it was the upbringing in the States that made Tiffany more open and carefree. She still couldn't shake off the fact that she just that. Taeyeon was amused and she laughed silently to herself. What a way to get me to shut up.

"Uh, yeah, it's not bad."

"Oops, look at the time! We're running late!" Tiffany gasped and threw her cup away to the nearest dustbin and did the same to Taeyeon's empty cup.

She reached out to grab the blonde's wrist and started running. They were at least five minutes away from the meeting point and in order to be on time, running was the only way. She didn't want their friends to wait and miss the first few scenes of the movie.

Before Taeyeon could register what just happened, she felt the pull on her wrist and she started running with Tiffany.

"Y-yah." She almost tripped but managed to balance without making a fool out of herself.

As she ran with Tiffany's hand around her wrist, she looked to her wrist and slowly shifted her sight from her wrist to Tiffany's hand, her forearm, her shoulder, her hair that swung left and right due to the movement, and finally the side profile. She should be watching where she was running in case she tripped and pulls Tiffany with her, but she could not keep her eyes off the brunette.

As cliché as it sounded, Taeyeon felt like there were only the two of them. It was like everyone around them disappeared as she focused on the person infront of her. In her eyes it was only Tiffany, and Tiffany only.

The attraction she felt for Tiffany was real, that much she knew and she was not going to deny it any longer. It felt like she was back to high school when she had a crush on this senior so she stole glances whenever she could. She felt happy just by looking at her.

It was unethical of her to like someone who's blissfully attached, but more so if she were to pursue her right? So long as she kept it to herself she should be safe. But the question was how long was she going to do this? It's basically a no-return trip with nothing but darkness at the end. She wasn't even sure if there was an end.

 

---

 

"Look! That's Im Yoona and Seo Juhyun!" Someone said to her friend as she walked pass the group of friends.

"Oh my god! They look so pretty in real life!" Both of them turned back to do a double take and squealed when Yoona flashed them a smile.

"If anybody were to come close to Juhyun I'm gonna kill them," Sunny said as she glared at the two friends who scurried away.

She had been scanning the crowd for any suspicious-looking person in order to prepare herself if she needed to intersect anyone.

"What can you do, shorty?" Joonhyuk asked with an amused tone. Seemed like Sunny's really into the drama she was watching to protect Juhyun like that.

"I can always try."

"Unnie, just leave it to Oppa. He has greater strength." Yoona laughed when she imagined Sunny behaving like an overprotective manager.

"Urgh, where is Taeyeon and Tiffany?!" Sunny grunted. The movie was about to start in a minute or two but both her friends were nowhere to be seen.

Just then, both Tiffany and Taeyeon appeared hand in hand. Joonhyuk looked at Sunny and the latter shrugged. Girlfriends hold hands often so she wasn't surprised to see that. Plus Tiffany could be a little -not the abusive type- physical at times.

"Sorry we're late," Tiffany apologized and let go of Taeyeon's hand once they stopped infront of their friends.

Sunny noticed the downcast look of Taeyeon's when Tiffany let go of her hand and she sighed. Her friend was whipped.

"Unnie, this is Juhyun. You've probably seen her around. She's an actress. Juhyun, this is Tiffany unnie and Taeyeon unnie," Yoona introduced, to which they smiled politely at each other and shook hands.

"Do you guys want any popcorn or drinks? We bought ours while waiting for you."

"Nah, we're good. Let's go."

 

---

 

Sunny and Joonhyuk sat at both ends of the row, with Juhyun and Tiffany by their side respectively, followed by Yoona and Taeyeon. When they went in the lights were dimmed so there were no commotion.

Taeyeon was very engrossed in the movie but from the corner of her eyes she noticed Tiffany rubbing her hands together. It was a discreet action but she caught it.

"Are you cold?" She leaned towards the brunette and whispered, "you can have my coat." She shifted to take it off for Tiffany but the latter held her arm to stop her movement.

"I'm okay, don't worry. Keep it on," Tiffany whispered back. She forgot to bring her jacket today but it was bearable so far.

Taeyeon merely nodded her head and focused her attention back to the movie. She did not like talking while watching a movie so as to not disturb others.

 

---

 

Tiffany was on the verge of shivering. Joonhyuk noticed it and handed her his jacket that was on his lap.

"Here, put this on. I'm not using it anyway," he whispered, "it should keep you warm."

She smiled at his sweet gesture and put on the jacket. She sighed in content and folded her arms, leaning further into the seat. She could finally focus on the movie and not the coldness that was about to kill her.

Taeyeon noticed the exchange between them both and she felt a sharp sting near her chest. She could almost feel tears in her eyes. It was not supposed to hurt, so why was her heart hurting?

She channeled all her energy and attention towards the movie to tune out whatever she had witnessed. She knew it was just a friendly gesture and nothing more.

Get a grip. She doesn't belong to you. It's perfectly normal to be rejected. It's just a freaking jacket. Get over it.

 

---

 

They parted ways after the movie with Joonhyuk sending Yoona and Sunny home while Juhyun was fetched by her manager since she still had some preparation to do for next day's filming.

Tiffany was walking alongside Taeyeon and she noticed the blonde's mood had changed drastically. It seemed like she was bothered with something. She walked with her hands in her pocket and head hung low, looking at the floor.

She often wondered if Taeyeon had mood swing issues because it seemed like she was quite extreme with her emotions. One second she was happy and another she was depressed.

Thinking back, the only thing that could have caused this mellowness was during the movie. But she was so engrossed in the movie and nothing happened during- eureka!

"You know," she started off and looked at Taeyeon to make sure she was listening, "I was really cold back there in the theatre."

"And I know you were, too. So I rejected your coat. Joonhyuk's was just lying there on his lap so when he offered it to me, I don't see any reason not to take it," she continued. "Taeyeon-ah, don't be upset? I know you meant well."

She had no idea why but she just wanted to explain everything to Taeyeon. It did not sit well with her that she was the cause of her unhappiness.

Taeyeon stopped in her tracks and looked at Tiffany who had a slight frown on her face. She felt all her unhappiness vanishing and she was about to melt into a puddle. That was so sweet of Tiffany. She wanted to take care of her but got taken care of instead. Perhaps she shouldn't have jumped into conclusions, and who gave her the right to be jealous anyway?

What Tiffany did and said had increased the fondness she had of her. If being friends with the brunette meant having this type of interaction and care, she wouldn't mind. Taeyeon wanted so much to hug the girl right now. She threw caution to the wind and did just that.

 

---

 

Yes, because it is TaeNy day today. Happy TaeNy Day! 

And wow! More than 100 subscribers! Thank you! I'm stoked. ^^

Tiffany was on Sunny FM Date last night (since it's already 27th) and her jet black hair... I cannot. And Taeyeon's blonde hair... I almost died. XD

-E