Chapter 2

The Broken Award
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yunho kept pacing back and forth in front of his kneeling dongsaengs. Yoochun sat on the couch, nervously watching Yunho pace, waiting on what punishment was going to be given. Jaejoong already had a feeling of what was going to happen and since he didn’t really want to be there when it was announced, he got up and said, “I’m going to go finish making dinner.”

Yunho looked at him, smiled and said, “Ok, Jaejoongie. Take your time. This is going to be a while.”

Jaejoong nodded and disappeared into the kitchen. Junsu shifted a little on his knees. His arms were starting to hurt since he and Changmin had been kneeling like this for about 10 minutes with their fists in the air.

“H-Hyung,” Yoochun finally said.

Yunho stopped pacing, looked at him and smiled.

“What is it, Chunnie?,” he said.

Yunho was doing that on purpose. Acting like nothing was wrong and it was just making Yoochun feel worse. Yoochun looked down at Junsu who looked back up at him, his eyes begging for Yoochun to do something, anything, to save him and Changmin from this punishment or at least make it less severe. This made Yoochun’s heart hurt. Junsu was desperate and Yoochun seemed to be the only one there to help them out. Yoochun looked at Changmin but Changmin was looking towards the ground. His arms were starting to lower due to tiredness as well. Yoochun finally looked back at Yunho, who was waiting on Yoochun’s question.

“Umm,” Yoochun started, “have you decided...umm...on a...umm…uh...”

“Punishment?,” Yunho finished for him.

Junsu cringed at that word and Yoochun nodded. Yunho sighed. He had. And it wasn’t going to be an easy one.

“Yes, Yoochun...I have...” Yunho said slowly.

Changmin finally looked up when Yunho said that. He was kind of relieved in way because they were finally getting to the punishment; the suspense itself was killing him. Junsu looked up at Yunho, waiting for him to finish. Yoochun was doing the same. Yunho looked at all three of "his sons". All of them looked nervous and anxious. Well, Junsu looked more scared than nervous, but you get the point. Yunho sighed again. Then he turned to face Junsu and Changmin.

“Junsu, Changmin, you both are going to be severely punished and that punishment is going to be...a spanking,” Yunho said, firmly.

Junsu paled. He looked at Yunho with begging, pleading eyes but when he saw Yunho was set on the punishment, he finally just crumpled down to the floor and started to cry. Changmin’s stomach dropped to his feet.

“H-Hyung,” he stammered out, “Please no…not that…anything but that…”

Yoochun felt tears welling up in his eyes as he looked at Junsu and Changmin. They looked so miserable but then again could you blame them?

Yoochun jumped up and went over to Junsu and took him into his arms. Junsu clung to him, sobs starting to shake his body. Yoochun looked over at Changmin. Changmin was looking down at the floor again, but this time, Yoochun saw tears falling from the maknae’s cheeks. That made Yoochun’s tears fall even more. He looked at Yunho. Yunho didn’t look happy either. He looked sad, upset that he had to punish "his kids". Yoochun knew he had to try one last time to plead Junsu and Changmin’s case.

“Hyung,” Yoochun begged, “Please, please…I’m begging you…please, please don’t spank them…please Hyung, just give them one last chance…please...”

Yunho looked at Yoochun with sad eyes. He knew how Yoochun was feeling. Hell, he felt the same way. He hated having to give out spankings but he knew he had to. He had to teach Junsu and Changmin that they couldn’t do reckless things, like playing soccer in the apartment. It was more so the principle of the matter than the actual incident.

“Chunnie,” Yunho said, “I have given them plenty of chances before. You know this. I’m actually very lenient when to comes to letting things slide. But it has been happening way too much and it has to stop, today. I’m sorry but Junsu and Changmin are both going to get a spanking. End of story.”

Junsu started crying harder when Yunho said this. His last bit of hope, now was gone. He was going to be spanked and he couldn’t get out of it.

“Junsu-ah, Changmin-ah,” Yunho said, getting their attention.

Changmin looked at him, his cheeks streaked with tears. Junsu looked at Yunho too, still clinging to Yoochun, who had his arms wrapped around him.

“You will be getting your spankings after dinner. So once you are finished eating I want you both to go to the bedroom and wait for me. Is that understood?,” Yunho told them.

“Yes, Hyung...,” Changmin said, quietly.

Yunho nodded and looked at Junsu and said, “Junsu-ah, do you understand?”

“Y-y-yes, H-h-hyung, I u-underst-tand,” Junsu said, tears still streaming down his face, his voice catching.

Yunho nodded and said, “Alright then.” And with that, he left and went into the kitchen.

Changmin, Junsu and Yoochun were left in the living room. Changmin sat with his legs pulled up to his chest, just staring into space, trying not to think about his impending doom. Junsu had calmed down, just sniffling sounds were coming from him. Yoochun was still holding Junsu, his tears had managed to stop falling.

“I’m sorry,” Yoochun said, quietly. Changmin looked at him confused.

“For what, Hyung?,” he asked.

“I couldn’t save you guys,” Yoochun said sadly. Junsu looked up at him and gave Yoochun a sad smile.

“It’s ok, Chunnie,” he said, softly, “It isn’t your fault, we brought this on ourselves.”

Changmin smiled Yoochun a reassuring smile too.

“Yeah, Hyung, it’s not your fault, but thanks for trying,” he said, going over and giving Yoochun a hug. Junsu hugged Yoochun too. Yoochun smiled, hugging them back. Everyone seemed to feel a little better…for the time being anyway.

Yunho sat in the kitchen, leaning down on his arms, watching Jaejoong cook. Jaejoong hadn’t even notice Yunho had come in because he was so engrossed in his cooking. When he turned from the stove to grab something off the counter, he jumped seeing Yunho just sitting there, staring at him.

“Yunnie,” Jaejoong said, hand on his chest, “Please don’t do that. You scared me.”

Yunho smilied. Jaejoong looked at him for a second longer and then turned back to the stove. Yunho looked down at his arms and sighed.

“Jaejoongie…”, he said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter