CHAPTER 7

Purple Roses

Before Daehyun made his way to his bedroom he was finishing eating his cheesecake in the kitchen. Daehyun didn't want to go to sleep yet because he knew he had to share his bed with Baekhyun and he didn't want to. Daehyun placed his empty plate in the sink and headed to his room. He went inside quietly and saw Baekhyun fast asleep, he changed into his pjs and slowly got into bed. He was moving slowly so he wouldn't wake Baekhyun up. He laid down and covers himself with his own blanket. Daehyun was facing the back of Baekhyun's head. He didn't move and just started thinking about his mother for some reason. Then he saw Baekhyun move and turn over and made eye contact with him. Daehyun didn't know what to do, the room felt silent. Daehyun didn't know why but he swear he saw Baekhyun's eyes sparkle in the dark. Then Daehyun was relived when he could hear Baekhyun's mom telling his dad that she was going to check on them. Once the door began opening Baekhyun closed his eyes and Daehyun did the same. They stayed still for a while until Daehyun heard the door close again. Daehyun quickly turned over so his back was facing Baekhyun. Daehyun just pretended that what just happened didn't happen. Daehyun didn't think about it to much and quickly fell asleep. Baekhyun on the other hand was nervous he couldn't stop smiling thinking Daehyun was there sleeping by his side. Baekhyun smiled to himself knowing he was with Daehyun. The next morning Baekhyun woke up and the first thing he saw was Daehyun's sleeping face. They weren't that close but he could hear his heart beat starting to beat faster. Baekhyun got up and went to the restroom. While Baekhyun was getting ready Daehyun woke up and got ready in the downstairs restroom. When Baekhyun was done he went downstairs to fix himself breakfast. Baekhyun was reaching for a plate in the upper cabinet but he couldn't reach it. Then the next thing he knew he saw another hand grab the bowl and placed it on the counter. Baekhyun looked up and came face to face with a Daehyun with just pants on and no shirt. Baekhyun quickly looked away turning red. Daehyun grabbed himself a bowl as well and sat down in table. Baekhyun grabbed his bowl and headed to the living room but was stopped suddenly by Daehyun.
"Where are you going?"
"Im going to eat breakfast in the living room." Baekhyun replied.
"Why?" Daehyun responded.
"So I won't bother you." Baekhyun said waking away when Daehyun grabbed his bowl and followed him. Baekhyun sat in the living room and sat on the couch right before Daehyun came along and sat next to him. Baekhyun didn't know why Daehyun was acting weird, he was getting to close to him. Baekhyun didn't think about it to much since maybe he was acting nice because his dad was here. Daehyun on the other hand didn't know either maybe because for some odd reason Baekhyun gave him the feeling of his mother.
"Daehyun do you mind putting on a shirt?"
Baekhyun had to say it because a shirtless Daehyun was driving him crazy. Daehyun didn't even notice so he got up to grab his shirt and put it on. When Baekhyun was done he grabbed his backpack and headed out the door. Baekhyun knew that Daehyun didn't want to walk with him to school so he left himself. Daehyun on the other hand was rushing to catch up to him in his car. Just when he was about to get in and leave he's phone rang. By looking at the name of the caller made Daehyun disappointed, it was Xero.
"What do you want now"
"Not even a good morning? I'm calling because I need a ride to school, do you think you can pick me up?" Xero asked.
Daehyun didn't want to do that and then he was Baekhyun coming back running inside the house.
"Well sorry Xero I only have two seats and I'm going with Baekhyun."
"What since when do you get along with him?" Xero said laughing.
"Well I have to my dad is here...I would like for you to please stop calling me please and good bye." Daehyun said hanging up. He waited for Baekhyun to come out the house so he could give him a ride to school. His phone started ringing again and he put it on silent. Daehyun saw Baekhyun came out quickly and started walking. Daehyun pushed the horn and Baekhyun looked back. Daehyun drove up to him and told him to get in. It wasn't a choice for Baekhyun considering he was late already. Baekhyun got in the car without hesitation. It was really quiet until he saw that Daehyun's phone was vibrating. He looked at the caller ID and he wish he didn't, it was Xero. Baekhyun looked up at Daehyun as the phone kept vibrating and Daehyun looked mad. Baekhyun knew that a mad Daehyun was bad news for him. He wanted to grab his phone and answer himself. Daehyun pulled over and answers his phone angrily.
"I told you to stop calling me! I told you I was going to drive Baekhyun don't you get it! Stop calling me leave me alone." Daehyun said in one breath and took out the battery off his phone.
Baekhyun hugged his backpack tighter he was scared. He has faced an angry Daehyun before and he didn't like that side of Daehyun. Daehyun got of the car to take a breath and forgot Baekhyun was with him. Baekhyun didn't want to go to school late but he was to scared to tell Daehyun something. Baekhyun quietly got off the car closed the door and began waking. He kept walking until he heard Daehyun screaming and crying. Baekhyun turned around and saw Daehyun sitting on the floor with his hands in his head. Baekhyun never saw him cry before and he didn't know why he was crying out of a sudden. Daehyun had forgotten that today was the day his mother died and Xero made him remember about it. Baekhyun just stood there, he didn't know what to do. Baekhyun slowly walked towards Daehyun and was standing next to him.
"Daehyun are you alright?" Baekhyun was really scared because he didn't know what Daehyun may do, but to Baekhyun's surprise Daehyun looked up at him stood up and hugged him. Baekhyun was shocked Daehyun never liked being touched and he was hugging him.
"Please let me stay like this for a while." Daehyun said sobbing. Baekhyun's heart was beating so hard he hoped Daehyun couldn't here his heart beating. Baekhyun hugged him back slowly and patted his head slowly. They stayed like that for a while longer until Daehyun let go and got inside the car. Baekhyun did the same and drove to school. It was very quiet on the way Baekhyun wanted to ask Daehyun what was wrong but he knew he couldn't because maybe Daehyun didn't want to talk about it. Daehyun parked on the entrance of the school. Baekhyun got off and when he did Daehyun drove off. Baekhyun was disappointed and worried for Daehyun. Baekhyun's phone rang and it was his mother. She said that her and his step dad were going to visit Daehyun's mother's grave and will stay at a cabin for a week. Baekhyun then understood why he was crying, his mother probably passed away today. Baekhyun was now more worried, with his parents not home who knows where Daehyun could be. Baekhyun decided to attend school and leave right before lunch since he has a final today. The more Baekhyun wanted to leave the longer the time took. Right when the bell rang for lunch he quickly left home. Daehyun was in his room drinking he didn't know why he hugged Baekhyun so suddenly maybe because he just needed a hug since today his mother passed away. He still remember the last thing she said. She said that he was going to meet someone similar to her and they will have a connection with her garden whatever that meant. Daehyun was tired he was thinking of going to his moms garden but in his state he shouldn't and because it will make him remember her even more. His father didn't even know about his moms garden only he knew because she left it for him to take care of. Daehyun went anyways but left the door accidentally open because he was drunk. He cried himself to sleep hugging Baekhyun's pillow. Baekhyun got home and found the front door unlocked. Baekhyun quickly went inside to look for Daehyun only to find empty bottles of beer in the living room. Baekhyun didn't know what to do, a drunk Daehyun was dangerous. He decided to just clean up and throw away the evidence. Baekhyun started looking for Daehyun carefully but couldn't find him. He decided to go outside and look around. He never really been in the backyard since that one time he brought Daehyun a plate of fruit. Baekhyun made his way looking for Daehyun. He caught the sent of roses from the distance and made him remember about that dream he had yesterday morning. Baekhyun kept walking until he found a door all chained up, but it was opened and had all kinds of signs to not enter. Baekhyun didn't know why but he found the door so attracting like whatever was in there was calling him. Baekhyun looked back at the house and the door. Baekhyun was deciding if he should go inside or not, but he did. The door made a creek noise before he walked in. Daehyun in his drunk state had fallen out of the bed and hit he's face hard. He sat up and rubbed his face and got up. Daehyun by the comer of his eyes swear he saw someone outside in the backyard. He looked out the window from were he was standing and was shocked, he saw someone go inside his mothers garden. Daehyun panicked, he couldn't let anyone go in there no matter who it was. That place was forbidden to anyone except him, Daehyun was furious he quickly ran to catch that trespasser. Baekhyun couldn't see anything other then a light ahead of him, he kept going and was amazed of what he saw. It was exactly what he saw in his dream, a garden full of purple roses and in the center was a clear circle free from roses. Baekhyun couldn't believe there was place like this in he's house. Baekhyun began walking to the clear center like in his dream. Baekhyun smiled and took in the scent of the millions of roses in the garden. He started spinning around and enjoyed the beauty and nature of the garden. Baekhyun stoped when felt something was wrong. Then he heard it, it was Daehyun's angry drunk voice.
"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING!!"
Baekhyun was afraid to look back knowing Daehyun was by the entrance. Baekhyun slowly turned back and faced him.
"Dae..Dae..I'm sorry." Baekhyun replied looking down.
"HOW DARE YOU!! CAN'T YOU SEE THE SIGNS NOT TO ENTER!!! NOBODY CAN COME IN HERE!!" Daehyun said furiously. Baekhyun felt like crying he was so scared he regretted entering through that door. Baekhyun looked up and saw Daehyun coming at him. Baekhyun was so afraid, he shut his eyes and waited for whatever was going to happen, happen. Daehyun grabbed Baekhyun by this hands and pulled him out of the garden. Daehyun didn't grab him hard because he didn't want to hurt him, although he was mad. Baekhyun was really scared but then he was out of the garden and the door slammed behind him. Daehyun locked himself in the garden and stayed there not wanting to face him, and because he was drunk. Baekhyun walked to the house and packed a suit case. He decided to leave Daehyun alone for the rest of the week and he would stay at Bjoo's house until his parents were back. Baekhyun looked at the garden door and without any second thoughts began walking to Bjoo's house. It was already dark by the time Daehyun woke up from his nap and was still in the garden. Daehyun decided he should apologize to Baekhyun and explain to him why he did what he did. Daehyun was thinking on how to approach and start the conversation. Daehyun went inside the house up to his bedroom thinking Baekhyun was getting ready for bed. Daehyun walked in and found the room empty. He walked to the restroom, but he wasn't there either. Daehyun saw a paper on his side of the bed and picked it up. It was a letter from Baekhyun.
"Dear Daehyun I'm really sorry about earlier I really am. I didn't know that garden meant a lot to you. I was just worried looking for you and thought you where in there since the door was open. I also want to say sorry about your mother I didn't know until my mom called. I left school early to keep you company, but I'm sorry I couldn't do that. I'm writing this to you to tell you that I will let you have some time alone all this week and I'm sorry that I can't tell you where I'm staying. So don't worry about me I won't be there to bother you and I may not attend school for that matter either so just pretend I'm not there until our parents come back. Sincerely, Baekhyun." Daehyun couldn't believe what he just read, he was disappointed and mad at himself for causing Baekhyun to leave the house for the week. Daehyun crumbled the letter and threw it across the room. He sat on his bed thinking about his mother and what he just did. Daehyun was disappointed in himself, he hated the way he was, because of his tantrum he made Baekhyun leave the house just like his mother did and caused him to be alone once again. Daehyun cried himself to sleep thinking about his mother, hugging Baekhyun's pillow and repeating to himself saying "I'm sorry Baekhyun."