CHAPTER 10

Purple Roses

Daehyun arrived at Busan Hospital in a matter of minutes. Daehyun parked his car in front of the emergency doors. He quickly ran from his side to Baekhyun's side. He carried Baekhyun into the emergency doors.

"Someone please help me! Anyone!" Daehyun pleaded. 

A nurse looked up form her desk and quickly ran over to Daehyun.

"What's wrong with him?!" The nurse asked.

"He has a very high fever! He's burning up. His doctor is Cho Kyuhyun! Please help him!"

The nurse called over a male nurse and they took him away into another room. Daehyun was walking back and forth frantically. He didn't want anything to happen to Baekhyun, not now. 

Daehyun sat down after, in a chair near by and feel asleep without releasing it.

Daehyun awoke hearing a loud door closing. Daehyun rubbed his eyes and looked at a clock near by and it was 5 a.m. He quickly made his way to the front of the desk to ask about Baekhyun's statues. 

"Excuse me, Do you happen to know how Baekhyun is?"

The nurse started looking into her computer for his file.

"Mr. Byun is perfectly fine, his fever came down too it's regular temperature." She smiled back at him.

"Thank you." Daehyun replayed. 

"Mr. Jung?"

Daehyun looked back and there was a doctor and the emergency door entrance. 

"Yes. Can I help you?" 

The doctor made his way towards Daehyun and reached his hand out to greet Daehyun.

"Hello Mr. Jung I'm Dr. Cho Kyuhyun, Baekhyun's doctor." Kyuhyun smiled. 

Daehyun quickly took his hand and shook it.

"Dr. Cho, it's a pleasure to finally meet you. Thank you for treating Baekhyun at this hour!"

"Oh nonsense Mr. Jung. It's my job to help people and at anytime of the day. Mr. Jung by the way can I talk to you in my office for a second?"

Daehyun nodded in response and both made there way into Dr. Cho's office.

"Please take a seat Mr. Jung."

Daehyun grabbed the chair and sat down. Daehyun was kinda anxious to why Baekhyun's Doctor asked to talk to him. He really hoped nothing was wrong with Baekhyun.

"The nurse looked into Baekhyun's background and she said you're Baekhyun's step brother Daehyun. Am I mistaken?" Kyuhyun said looking over his laptop.

"No your not mistaken, and please call me Daehyun. Baekhyun is my stepbrother. His mother married my father in the states." Daehyun explained.

"You mean Baekhyun's mother is here as well?" Kyuhyun asked rather alarmed.

Daehyun didn't know why but it looked like Dr. Cho became alerted.

"Um..Do you happen to know Baekhyun's mother?" Daehyun questioned.

Kyuhyun locked eyes with Daehyun, which to Daehyun looked like eyes that where hiding something.

Kyuhyun looked away and smirked.

"Me and Baekyun's mother are just old friends, that's all."

Daehyun didn't know why he sounded like he was lying.

"Now back to our conversation. Since you're Baekhyun's stepbrother I guess you are aware of his condition." Kyuhyun confirmed. 

Daehyun didn't understand 'aware of Baekhyun's condition'? He wasn't sure if Baekhyun ever mentioned it. He has a faint memory of Baekhyun saying something about a condition, but he wasn't    to sure.

"I'm sorry Doctor but I'm not that close to Baekhyun, so I am not aware of his condition. Is it bad?"

Daehyun asked.

"Well since you and Baekhyun are technically family now I guess it's fine for you to know about his condition." Kyuhyun added.

Kyuhyun closed his laptop and stood up and walked to his window and let out a big breath.

"Listen Daehyun, Baekhyun has a condition called 'marvelsis' (I made it up lol). Which is passed down through family genetics, but in Baekhyun's case neither his mom nor his dad had that gene. Baekhyun most likely got the gene for his grandparent's grandparents." Kyuhyun explained.

"What are the effects of his condition? He looks perfectly fine to me." Daehyun asked a little bit worried.

Kyuhyun turned around and went back to his seat and crossed his fingers together.

"Daehyun please don't freak out. I know this is going to sound ridiculous and out of this world, but I want you to promise me you'll treat Baekhyun the same." Kyuhyun explained.

Daehyun nodded in return, but he couldn't help and be a little afraid of what was to come.

"Daehyun, Baekhyun's condition can guaranty a 50% chance he can get pregnant." Kyuhyun concluded.

There was a short pause in the room. Daehyun didn't know what to say. He didn't know if he heard right. Daehyun couldn't believe it! So Baekhyun a man, but with his condition present was able to bear a child. 

"I'm sure you have some question you want answers too. So I'll answer them, first yes Baekhyun is a male and has everything a male has. Second I'll explain how it works, Baekhyun has a female's  reproductive system which is why he is able to get pregnant. Third and last, if he one day happens to get pregnant he will not be able to give birth like a normal women obviously. Baekhyun will have to have a C section in order to deliver the baby." Kyuhyun explained.

Daehyun was quite amazed that Dr. Cho was able to answer the questions Daehyun was thinking about, well except for one.

"I have one last question Dr. Cho. How come I have never seen a pregnant male before? If they have that condition?" Daehyun asked.

"Well that's easy Daehyun. Almost every man with this condition ends up marrying a women. Of course the man can still produce to make a women pregnant. In my life time career I have only seen one man be with another man." Kyuhyun responded.

"Really? Did he become pregnant?" Daehyun said curiously.

"Of course he did! It was like 18 year ago. He was a beautiful little baby boy and they called him B-" 

Before Kyuhyun could finish his sentences a nurse bursted into the office and he was thankful she came in just in time or else he would of spilled some dangerous things.

"Dr. Cho! Mr. Byun Baekhyun has woken up." 

"Thank you I'll be there in a second."

Daehyun was very pleased to hear that Baekhyun has woken up. Even though he really wanted to run and see him he knew he was suppose to clear his mind before seeing him.

"Daehyun I advise you to wait until Baekhyun's mom gets here. Unless you didn't notify her? It's really important that I see her." Kyuhyun suggested.

"She is on her way right now." Daehyun replied.

Kyuhyun just nodded and left to check on Baekhyun. 


Baekhyun woke up in a room he didn't recognize. He felt weak and dizzy and didn't know where he was. He looked around him and he was in a white room that looked like a hospital. He realized he was and started panicking. 

"Please don't move to much Mr. Byun." 

Baekhyun looked to his left and  saw a doctor who looked somewhat familiar.

"Do I know you? You look kind of familiar?" Baekhyun asked.

Dr. Cho smiled coming closer to Baekhyun to check his temperature.

"It looks like your fever has gone down, that's good news." 

Baekhyun looked at him closely and gasped.

"Omg it's you! Kyuhyun!!" Baekhyun said happily.

"It's been awhile. How have you been?" Kyuhyun smiled.

"Well a little upset. How come you lost contact with me and my mom? You forgot about us?" Baekhyun asked.

'Lost contact.' Kyuhyun chuckled inside. 

Kyuhyun knew to well that he wasn't the one who lost contact after what happened.

"Oh I'm sorry Baekhyun I was just to busy and then I found out you guys moved." Kyuhyun lied.

Baekhyun pouted sadly. "Baekhyun by the way? Have you been taking your medications?" Kyuhyun added.

"Umm...well not exactly. I was a little depressed with some events." Baekhyun said nervously.

"Baekhyun you know how important it is for you to take these medications." Kyuhyun argued.

"I know. I'm sorry, I will remember to take them. By the way Kyuhyun how did I get here?" Baekhyun asked looking around the room. 

"Well your stepbrother Daehyun brought you here an hour ago. I just finished talking to him in my office." 

'Wait done talking to him?' Baekhyun thought. He was hoping to God that Kyuhyun didn't talk about his problem with Daehyun. 

"Kyuhyun. Did you perhaps tell him about my problem?"  

"Problem? Baekhyun you don't have a problem. You have a gift from God, and well of course I did. He has the right to know, no?"

Baekhyun smiled sadly. 

"Kyuhyun can I ask you to please leave me alone for a while." 

"Oh ok, so I'm guessing you don't want to see Daehyun." 

"How can I possibly face him." Baekhyun said holding back his tears.

Kyuhyun felt really bad, but he was bound to find out no? Plus he knew Daehyun promised him he would see Baekhyun the same way. Kyuhyun turned around and closed the door.

Once Baekhyun heard the door close he let all his tears flow. He wasn't mad that Kyuhyun told Daehyun about his problem without his consent, but he was afraid. Afraid that Daehyun might ignore him and find him disgusting. He was sure that the heavens (aka me lol) didn't want him to be with Daehyun because everything was going so well and then he had to go and get a fever. Baekhyun blames himself for not remembering to take those stupid medications. If he would have taken better care of himself he wouldn't be here crying over the fact that Daehyun will never talk to him again and find him so disgusting. 

After Daehyun sat in Dr. Cho office for a while he started to get hungry. He decided he was going to go down the cafeteria to eat something. He ate some fruits and yogurt. He had forgotten hospital food wasn't that tasty. 


It was now almost 7 and his parents hadn't shown up? He was told by Dr. Cho that Baekhyun didn't feel great so he was sleeping and resting. 

"Daehyun!" 

Daehyun turned to the emergency door entrance and sure enough it was his dad and Baekhyun's mom rushing over to him.

Daehyun stood up and Baekhyun's mother quickly grabbed onto his hands and pleaded to see Baekhyun. Of course Daehyun told her that he had to rest more so she couldn't see him. Just then Baekhyun's mother looked to the right and she stood there frozen. Daehyun looked to where she was looking and she was looking at Dr. Cho coming their way. 

"Well it's nice to see you again Cindy." Kyuhyun smirked.

"Hello." Was all Baekhyun's mom said. Daehyun noticed that Baekhyun's mother was acting kind of strange.

She introduced Dr. Cho to Daehyun's father and then they left together to talk about Baekhyun.

"Daehyun why don't you go home and rest. We'll take it from here." His father suggested.

"But I'm fine dad. I want to stay here until Baekhyun is discharged." 

"Since when did you care about Baekhyuns well being?" His father questioned.

Daehyun didn't answer and sat down. 

"Dad do you perhaps know?" 

His father sat down after him and nodded.

"You knew and didn't tell me!" Daehyun was a little hurt that he was the only one who didn't know.

"Well excuse me young man, but I do recall that someone didn't want to do anything with him and hated him." His father blurted. 

Daehyun was taken a back, but he knew his father was right. Daehyun treated Baekhyun so harshly in the beginning.

"Plus Baekhyun didn't want you to know." His father continued.

Of course he didn't want him to know. With the way he treated him back then who knew what he would of done or said.

"I think Baekhyun wouldn't want me here if he thinks that way." Was all Daehyun said before standing up to leave. 

Dr. Cho and Baekhyun's mother were sitting in his office just staring at one another.

"It's been a while Cindy. It's really sad that you lied to Baekhyun and told him I was the one who lost contact when we both know it was you." Kyuhyun argued.

"I did it bec-"

"You lier! You did it to go into hidding!" Kyuhyun yelled. 

"Alright! I did it because I didn't trust you!" She fired back.

"Didn't trust me! You should speak for your self! Tricking me into believing that if I helped you flee we would be together! You made me backstab my friends! Since you knew Hangeng didn't love you, you wanted to take the one thing he loved more then Heechul. His son!" Kyuhyun broke.

"Stop telling me what I already know!" She yelled getting up to leave but was yanked back to her seat by Kyuhyun.

"How dare you deceive me! The only reason why I haven't told Baekhyun yet is because he's not in the right condition." Kyuhyun countinued.

"Don't you dare tell him anything. It's your fault for believing in me. How in the world did you ever think I could be with you since I loved Hangeng. I loved him so much that I could never let him be happy if he wasn't for me. Heechul doesn't deserve him. Heechul didn't deserve the miracle of having a child. Baekhyun is my son!" Baekhyun's mother argued. 

"How can you live with this burden! Well of course you don't. You're married to a rich man, and you have everything you ever wanted, plus Heechul and Hangeng's son....not to mention a step son." Kyuhyun argued.

"You're wrong I don't have everything I've always wanted! I don't have Hangeng!" Baekhyun's mom yelled crying.

There was a short pause before Kyuhyun stood up to leave out  the door.

"I'm not going to tell Baekhyun anything about what we just discussed. Simply because I'm not the person to tell him. Baekhyun is probably awake now, just in case you want to see him." Kyuhyun clarified and left.

Baekhyun's mom took a tissue from Kyuhyun's desk and wiped her fake tears.

"I'm sorry Kyuhyun but I won't allow you take away what took me so long to achieve. I will never let you take away what belongs to me." 

 

 

 


Hello Everyone! Long time no see? I'm going to be honest ok. The reason I didn't update this story was because I really didn't know what was going to be the conflict. 

Anyways if you read this chapter then you pretty much no what the main conflict is going to be. Plus a few problems in the future chapters. By the way Baekhyun's mom's name is Cindy. She is the the only character with a American name please keep that in mind. Also wanted to make my UB Kyuhyun have a bigger role. Also i know you are aware that Baekhyun's birth parents are Heechul and Hangeng. ALSO PLEASE COMMENT DOWN WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS CHAPTER!!!