Apparently, Friendship Equals Juicy Gossip

Pen To Paper

 

A/N: I hope this chapter is okay!

 

Apparently, Friendship Equals Juicy Gossip

 


 

It was a fresh day, and although it was slightly warm Sehun felt a chill.

He could feel in the following hours he would grow more panicked and itchy in anticipation of his last lesson… English.

Baekhyun graciously flounced to the other side as he walked to school.

“Sehun!” The overly happy male called and blocked the path ahead with his presence.

Sehun looked at him. “Hi, Baekhyun.”

The other gave his hair a flick and brushed a green leaf from his (clearly) designer jacket.

“Instead of being driven to school, I decided to wait around the public pathway and sure enough you use it!”

Sehun’s eyes widened, “Oh… Thank you for yesterday Baekhyun. You stood up for me.”

“It was nothing. That bully is probably rueing the day he crossed me! You would have thought they’d realise why they do it, I mean how hard it is to just admit-” The wannabe diva cut himself off as he realised he wasn’t referring to Sehun’s situation anymore.

Although, he was still just as important.

 

Sunglasses were off and he looked the blond in the eyes. “Are you okay? … No. That was a silly question.”

Instead of responding, Sehun stayed quiet and tried to muster a smile from himself.

“But you were alone with…” Baekhyun looked around for other students and leant in closer, “... him.”

 

Sehun’s plain expression then saddened and Baekhyun rose a brow.

“Did something… happen?”

“Happen?”

“You know, you were alone with your crush. A lot of people sort of let instincts take over. The heat of the moment confessions! Theatrical lines, as if in a play! … Ahem… So…?”

“So…?”

“Did something happen!?”

Sehun sighed and cautiously placed an arm to the small of Baekhyun back and pushed him forward.

The other male frowned, confused and then grinned when his brain connected the reaction from Sehun to his question, “Ahhh-ha! So it did!”

Sehun smiled properly for the first time that morning and adjusted his glasses… “We need to get to school.” 

 

 

“Tell me, tell me, tell me, tellmetellmetellme!” Baekhyun begged as Mr Wu Yifan handed out test papers, (that the whole class swore were bigger than the actual textbook they learnt from). The dirty-blond haired male scowled as Baekhyun continued to bounce in his seat.

Baekhyun sat behind Sehun since nobody else wanted to. It confused him as to why, other than the incident yesterday with the bully, nobody bothered Sehun properly.

It was sort of like, nobody cared enough to bully him properly and that must hurt worse.

He threw a pencil at Sehun and the blond turned around to him and he grinned back.

“Tell me.” The boy begged again.

 

 

At lunch, Baekhyun began screaming and wailing and Sehun cringed down as others sighed and moved tables or rolled their eyes. It was better though, usually they would comment on something about Sehun but with yesterday’s incident and having Baekhyun around they didn’t dare say anything.

Sehun didn’t think they were fully awed or even scared of what Baekhyun could do or say, it was more of they didn’t want to deal with him.

Baekhyun started wailing once more in pleads that Sehun told him what had happened.

The blond smiled, he didn’t mind Baekhyun though… In the cafe, he was annoyed because he was involving Zitao and he was special to him, but he wasn’t all that bad.

 

Sehun nodded, “Alright, I’ll tell you. Would you please be quiet now?” 

 

Baekhyun instantly fell silent and cleared the wax from his ears to hear everything.

 

Sehun awkwardly leaned in to whisper in the other male's ear so that nobody else had even a chance of overhearing.

 

Yesterday Afternoon

 

The noise of the small stool hitting the floor rang through the room. The only other audible noise was the blood rushing through Sehun’s body and the pounding in his head.

He couldn’t deny himself the reactions to those touches anymore. It was too much!

 

Especially since he’d dreamt of them for so long… He stood up gently pushed himself forward. Just this moment would make him never regret having his teacher read his notepad ever again!

 

Zitao swallowed as Sehun inched closer, his eyes widening.

He felt the remains of some sort of sauce that had accompanied the school lunch touch his cheek, but before he could laugh and wipe it off his student's lips were on his.

He felt his body twinge in excitement and fear.

Was Sehun sure about this? Was he sure about this? He mentally sighed, Zitao just accept this - you’re worrying over Sehun when he’s made it quite clear he wants to kiss you. 

He cupped Sehun’s round cheeks and went to press his own mouth against Sehun’s own, so there was more to their kiss than just contact.
 

However, the loud creak of a floorboard outside the infirmary startled them both.

Zitao pulled himself away, and Sehun scrambled to grab the fallen stool and set everything back how it was.

 

Mr. Do popped his head into the infirmary and then cheerily entered properly afterwards.

 

He had decided to check on the pair and when it seemed Sehun was alright (after checking over him many times) the food teacher took his leave.

 

The English teacher and his student followed to hear the verdict of the situation in the lunch hall.

 

Baekhyun had basically run his skilful mouth and made everything, of course, sound in his favour.

 

The, once, a friend of Sehun was punished with detentions, and Baekhyun was excused from what he did as long as he agreed to join at least one of the sports groups.

The sports teachers that had gathered really wanted him to join them. Those moves and skills that were being whispered about made them want him on their teams.

 

Sehun, once he was back, was also ensured that the school does not tolerate bullying and that if it becomes a problem again to just tell a teacher - it’s their duty to help their students.
 

Sehun nodded awkwardly to Mr. Kim Jongdae and made his escape once they said they could go home to clear up and have the rest of the school day off.

 


 

“So, did you actually go home or is there some more juicy gossip you’re leaving me out of? Come on! I deserve to know that much! I’m practically your best friend!” 

Sehun smiled and felt his cheeks turn a rosy-pink.

Baekhyun smirked, “Hmmm? What’s that blush for?”

Sehun swallowed and as the bell rang for their next lesson he pulled Baekhyun into a hug.

The other male wheezed, and his sunglasses slid back down over his eyes. He smiled as Sehun hugging him and leaned his head against the other boy.

 

“Thanks for being my friend. You really helped me back there yesterday. I’m thankful.” 

 

“No problem, the cute one.” Baekhyun sighed and patted his back comfortingly. 

 

They let go of one another as a few students ran past them telling them they better hurry or they’d miss their lessons.

 

They must be one of the few that didn’t witness Baekhyun practically slam the other student who claimed to be Sehun’s friend into the lunch table.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. 

 

Sehun tugged him out of the food hall, “I really did go home afterwards. My mum went mental with my uniform. There’s also the fact there is no way I could have faced him after that…” 

“You initiated it!” the other laughed in disbelief.
 

Sehun cringed at the truth, “I know, but my brain… I’ve had time to think now, it’s so embarrassing.”

 

“You 'think'?”

 

“Baekhyun!” Sehun whined a little and nudged the other student… his friend… best friend.

 


 

Kim Jongin made his way over to sit next to Sehun as it was a familiar face in this new class they all had. Apparently, the principal had decided that a fresh new class would calm his students down.

 

Baekhyun suddenly appeared and slipped into the seat Jongin had dived for. He flipped his head in the direction of the other student and smirked. Jongin sighed and joined their table anyway, but across from the pair.

 

Sehun missed the whole ordeal as he stared across the classroom and saw Zitao talking to the new teacher who had his back facing away from his class to talk.

Sehun felt his brain whirling in fear of what he would do when he had to face him again.

 

He wasn’t prepared… 

 

“I wonder who our new teacher is…” Jongin exclaimed as he tapped the desk.

Baekhyun stared at him, “Are you nervous?”

“Hm, yeah… A little.” Jogin answered and itched his dark black hair. 

The diva scoffed, “Why?”

The blonde male squealed, “Baekhyun! You can’t just prod at people-” Sehun shut himself up as he realised that is how he was when they met at the café. He prods before anything else.

 

Mr. Do stepped into the classroom through another door the room had and Sehun rose a brow. He wondered why all of the teachers were appearing.

Maybe they wanted to get to see the newbie. That would be terrifying for him if he was in that situation, he hoped the teacher would be okay. 

Zitao came over to Mr. Do and grinned before leaving as the food teacher patted him on the shoulder as a friendly gesture.

The English teacher looked at Sehun and the younger male felt himself squeak.

Baekhyun burst out laughing at the noise and Sehun cringed down, hiding his face into his bag.

He turned to Jongin as he wiped his eyes and saw the male staring at the food teacher. “Okay, so that’s obvious,” he muttered to himself as the food teacher glared at the boy too.

 

“Don’t let Kim Jongin fool you.” Mr. Do warned the new teacher who finally turned around with a dazzling grin. Mr. Do’s face dropped at the face he was revealed to.

 

Baekhyun took out another pair of sunglasses to put on top of his own.

 

Sehun wondered if that was the reason Zitao… Mr. Huang was grinning… He sighed, stop being stupid Sehun. Everything was made clear - don’t doubt yourself or him!

 

Jongin covered his eyes. He thought if he couldn’t see Mr. Do reacting that way it meant it wasn’t happening.

 

He was built thin, but there were obvious muscles under his clothes. His hair looked fluffy, his skin was smooth, his cheeks were so round it looked like they were meant to raise with his smile.

His smiling lips were practically perfect as if he was meant to be kissed by everyone on the globe. Even his eyes sang sweetness and it was hard to look away.

 

“Hello, class. May I introduce myself as Mr. Kim Minseok! We’ll be looking at calming activities in my classroom. So if you’re not calm, it’s best to leave!” the handsome teacher joked at the end.

 

Jongin sighed and picked up his school bag and slung it over his shoulder. 

 

“What the heck, sit down!” Baekhyun yelled and threw a pencil at the boy. 

 

Mr. Kim blinked in confusion and Mr. Do left the classroom as he realised he was late to his own class. Damn his caring need! 

On the outside, he looks like he’ll murder you but on the inside, he cares so much about everyone. It confused a lot of teachers.

 

Sehun knew he was nowhere near calm. He had wanted to do the same thing as Jongin had attempted to just now but there was no way he could. 

However, Zitao had said that teachers are different outside the classroom. Maybe Mr. Kim wasn’t super smiley and nice outside of work.

 

The lesson ended up with everyone teaming up in three’s, reading out calming quotes to one another, and writing down what they felt towards each quote. It did seem and feel bizarre, but as the lesson went on they discovered their teacher was actually calming them down and they felt more mellow. 

Their young heads overthinking every day was a problem and they realised they liked this class.

 

“Alright, now I believe one of the most calming activities is getting some fresh air, so instead of staying cooped up in here, go enjoy a stroll around the grounds or sit in the lunch hall until your next lesson. Of course, you’re free to stay here and carry on with the quotes!”

The whole class sprinted for the doors except Kim Jongin, he slowly left making his way to the food classroom to get a glimpse of Mr. Do before heading off to his last class of the day.

 

Baekhyun had dragged Sehun out of there and said he’d meet him in English after the bell as he ran outside. 

 

Sehun turned to the empty space where Baekhyun was and felt utterly lost with how he was going to face Zitao after class. He knew Baekhyun would purposely leave him alone with him at the end of class... He groaned.