A Series Of Troubling Situations

Pen To Paper

 

A/N: Hey guys. Sorry for the long wait! I don't know when I can update as I'm struggling to write any fics at all! Haha. I finally finished this chapter after two months. Please bare with me! <3 Thank you for reading! ^^;

 

A Series Of Troubling Situations

 


 

Returning from the bathroom to clear his sticky face, Sehun awkwardly rambled on about his interests; which were requested by his teacher.

“I’m really good at a lot of things. It’s something I’m proud of, instead of just having the one subject to be good at…” Sehun began.

Starting with academic things such as English and Mathematics (but he made sure not to stay too long on that subject). It sort of brought a small awkward feeling to him when he saw Mr. Huang trying to enjoy everything he spoke about knowing what had happened earlier.

He felt it was a little triggering and he shouldn’t speak about Mr. Wu’s class until he knew a little more himself. The situation with Mr. Wu was indeed awkward, but it made him smile when Mr. Huang seemed to want Sehun in his class so badly he scowled at the other teacher like that.

He just assumed they didn’t have a great relationship as co-workers, but it was because he knew his crush didn’t want him taken away above anything.

 

Ignoring his thoughts, for now, he carried on to talk about the creative sides of himself, and his enjoyment of sports and fanfiction. He used his hands to motion the amount of which he loved desserts, and that he wished he could make them as nice as the café he and his teacher were sat in right now.

The older male just smiled and watched as the blond student expressed his joys. He nodded and his lips, savouring the taste of the lemon curd he had just eaten.

 

Zitao hummed as Sehun gave the conversation to him.

He blinked and sat up straightly, “Me?”

“Yeah, I want to know about you too.” Sehun requested sheepishly.

Zitao smiled, if they didn’t get to know each other now, when would they? It was hard enough to talk privately at a school filled with students and teachers that would be lurking around every corner… So, this café was the perfect place.

The dark haired teacher gave a shy smile as he began talking about himself.

Sehun knew a lot of things as it would either be talked about during a lesson when other students wanted to find out more about their teachers for fun.

However, Sehun listened to every word in those lessons. As would be known without guessing, Zitao spoke about his love for English and the creative arts too. It all interlocked with other subjects.

He liked sweet things as he had brought Sehun to a café and bought him a dessert. He spoke about how he enjoys helping others realise their potential. Mr. Huang also enjoyed sports and was apparently interested in martial arts which surprised the blond sat across from him for a moment.

He smiled along with the adorable expression of surprise on Sehun’s face.

“Is that such a shock to you?” The teacher asked in amusement, he smiled and closed his eyes giving a small chuckle as he did so. He then sighed and turned to the window to look out into the scenery for a moment.

 

Sehun shook away the face he was making. He felt his cheeks warming from the atmosphere. He stared the older male and admired his profile as long as he could. He’d done it many of times to know that without purposely trying to Mr. Huang would tilt his head to the perfect angel that angled his jawbone upwards.

Sehun swallowed.

This was surely different to the time his mother had taken him to a café, it felt so much more intense and made his stomach warm. He didn’t find it strange though, he found it calming.

The problem earlier in the classroom was because he was being touched and his body didn’t know what to do. It had never happened before. His mind, however, knew to just keep thoughts as thoughts and not react in such ways.

 

He waited until his teacher turned back to him before announcing he’d go and buy a warm drink.

 

Maybe, he could use it as his excuse for his pinking face.

 

“You don’t want me to buy it for you?” Zitao had questioned as Sehun stood up.

The blond awkwardly fumbled through his messenger bag to find his wallet, “I’m already stood…” he said with a small smile. However, his teacher still turned to him with a worried expression on his thin face.

“It’s fine. I don’t expect you to buy it for me, Z-Zitao…” Sehun whispered his teacher’s name awkwardly.

“But, Sehun…” The teacher started and his student smiled again to reassure him as he stepped away.

“You already treated me to that dessert I can get myself a drink.”

 

As he approached the other side of the café, the young person at the counter tapped the wooden surface. Their fingers drummed the wood as they looked at Sehun, who swallowed nervously. He felt a little judged just by the looks this employee was giving him.

“So what will it be?” They questioned and began wiping the surface with a cloth. A fake smile plastered their face as they scrubbed at a stain. “Two more desserts for you and your grandpa?” They asked with a smirk.

“He’s not my… He’s not that old!” Sehun suddenly barked in a slight anger. How dare this person comment on Mr. Huang’s looks like that! Better yet, question his age! They had no business with him and his teacher so they shouldn’t ask questions.

He understood now why Mr. Huang was so adamant on him getting the food…

He bit his lip as the employee snorted, “Please, you’re not fooling anyone. A lot of the customers left because they felt awkward being here. It looks like you’re either with him for money or he’s lured you in. As I’m unsure of which, I won’t comment my personal thoughts but I’d be careful if it’s the second one. Older guys aren’t as mature as you think sweetie.”

Sehun felt his anger rising within his body.

This person knew nothing about himself and Zitao! He clutched his wallet tightly and felt his jaw tighten.

“It has nothing to do with you,” Sehun said as calmly as he could manage.

“So cute aren’t you! It seems like you’re the toy. Maybe he’ll just push you away once he’s done with you. Need anyone to fill his place and I’ll be here.”

Sehun relaxed. Ignoring his ridiculous comments, the blond read the employee’s name tag:

 

Baekhyun.

 

“Y-You’re a guy?” Sehun muttered in disbelief, he thought it was a girl!

The employee’s smirk shifted into a small open mouth at Sehun’s lack of reaction.

“Yes.” He replied, the blond watched as the male rammed his hat down on his head to cover his face, a small scowl appearing on his face at his failure to get a real rise from the young boy.

Sehun then smiled, he found he had been smiling a lot more since himself and his teacher confessed to one another.

“Please don’t insult him. I don’t mind if you say bad things about me, but I really like him.”

“Oh… You do?” Baekhyun questioned, his initial character and teasing qualities seeming to vanish now.

The employee’s cheeks turned pink and he turned away.

 

Suddenly, Sehun’s arm was grabbed gently and the blond turned to see Huang Zitao staring at him, examining him in worry. Sehun saw he had their bags.

“Are you ok?” Zitao questioned quietly so that the employee wouldn’t overhear, but he had as he spun back around a second later.

“Sugar Daddy! Were you worried about your toy?”

Sehun’s eyes widened as Zitao yanked his arm and pulled him out of the café.

He heard a small burst of laughter as the bell chimed upon exiting the building.

 

 

 

“He’s wrong, right?” Sehun asked suddenly as his teacher took him to the car.

“Of course he’s wrong,” Zitao replied as he opened the door for his student.

Sehun blushed a little as he climbed in.

 

 

 

Mr. Huang dropped Sehun off at his house and the student turned around before he drove away. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Sehun. Thank you for the evening, I enjoyed it.”

 

“Me too…” Sehun murmured.

 


 

That night as he ate dinner, brushed his teeth, wrote in his notepad about the curd incident and climbed into bed, Sehun sighed. His conscious wouldn’t let him have a moment for himself.

He had asked Mr. Huang if it was just that employee, Baekhyun, joking.

He had received the response he would have wanted… That it was serious feelings and not a game for his teacher, but he couldn’t stop worrying.

He knew they weren’t a couple, and he knew it wouldn’t be sunshine and rainbows every day, but he knew if this was what his mind was making himself think it was that he’d be crushed to a point of no return…

 


 

The Next Day

 

Sehun groaned as he ran a finger through his blond fringe. It was more of a curtain now than a fringe and he really needed it cut. He would have to take his mum up on her offer of having it cut…

He quickly ran to the school's bathroom and cut it a little so that it didn’t get in the way of his sight. He put the scissors he used back into his bag and exited the bathroom.

He held a breath as his skin crawled with nerves. He was worried about his relationship with Mr. Huang. Although it wasn’t set in stone that they were together, they had gone on a date, and they had confessed to one another.

The blond sighed and shook his head. Zitao told him yesterday that the Baekhyun guy was just joking…

 

Making his way to Mr. Huang’s classroom despite not even having the lesson yet, Sehun clutched his bag to his chest and bit his lip. He peered in through the glass to see an empty classroom. It was the start of the day and he couldn’t sleep too well so he had come to school early, so he guessed nobody would be inside. Teachers came to school early though and so he clenched his jaw a little and walked down the corridor.

His face relaxed a little as he heard that the staff room wasn’t booming with conversation so there was most likely not many teachers inside it… He hoped.

Sehun tried to stifle a chuckle when he saw the door was slightly open. It was the perfect chance to see inside.

He tilted his head a little as he placed down his bag and leant against the door. He swallowed as in the small room provided for the teachers of this area he saw Mr. Huang and Mr. Wu laughing together. The pair were sat on one of the couches.

Paperwork was scattered across the small table and they seemed to have attempted to go through it, but hadn’t.

Sehun frowned. He felt himself swallow as he felt the urge to cough from being nervous with eavesdropping.

 

He recalled what Mr. Huang had said the day before…

 

“Whenever he comes to my classroom he asks me to convince you to drop my lesson.”

 

Sehun knew it was so Mr. Wu could get him to take Advanced Mathematics…

 

But what if that wasn’t the whole reason?

 

“…Maybe he’ll just push you away once he’s done with you. …”

 

 

Suddenly the blond gasped as he saw Wu Yifan place a hand on Huang Zitao’s shoulder and smile. Zitao smiled back and Sehun felt his chest constrict. The English teacher then whacked the hand away and smirked, “Stop being so touchy,” he called playfully.

Oh, you two!” Another male voice called and Mr. Do stepped out of the kitchen with a mug. He took a sip as the other two males turned to him. “Find somewhere else to flirt. You’ll turn my savouries into sweets.”

Mr. Wu grinned and wrapped an arm around the male beside him. “Kyungsoo is jealous~”

“Pah!”

“Yifan!” Zitao groaned and then began to look up at the door.

 

Sehun gasped before the male spotted him and backed away from the door. He grabbed his bag and ran down the corridor to the main entrance and bolted out of it.

 

They were that close they were on touching basis?

 

Why didn’t Mr. Huang tell him they were good friends?

 

 

Why did it seem so natural for them…?

 

And… Flirting?

 

Was Mr. Do right?

 

Did he know too?

 

Were they a couple?

 

Zi… Zitao must have been trying to make him feel better when he found the notepad… Decided to humour him, but Mr. Wu must not like it, him and Mr. Huang being so close…

 

It makes much more sense that Mr. Wu would want him to drop English now… He’d be able to keep an eye on him to stop him interfering with his relationship.

 

 

Sehun smiled as his eyes brimmed with tears when he returned home.

His parent's eyes were wide at his announcement of feeling sick.

 

He never felt sick…

 


 

Zitao stared at the door for a second. Nobody was there, but he still felt a little off from the atmosphere previously.

Kyungsoo and Yifan brought him back to present when they both began calling his name.

He bit his lip and collected his papers. “I’m going to set up,” he murmured. For reasons unknown, he felt something was wrong.

 

“Now ‘Tao?” Kyungsoo questioned a little surprised. Zitao was usually prepared and organised, but not this extreme.

 

“Just so you know, there’s nothing between me and Yifan,” he said as he rushed out of the door.

 

Kyungsoo smiled after him, “Of course there isn’t! I was just teasing,” he yelled after the dark haired male and then turned to the dirty blond Yifan.

 

The Mathematics teacher sighed and then collected his papers too. “I don’t think it’s us he wanted to say that to.”

“Huh, why? … Is he with someone?!” Kyungsoo chirped as he held his mug close to him.

 

No.” Yifan scowled and left the staffroom in a huff.

 

The short food teacher rolled his eyes at him, “Just leave me, Kyungsoo, to clear the staffroom, as usual.” he groaned as he spoke to himself.