Sehun Learns What A Marathon Feels Like

Pen To Paper

 

Sehun Learns What A Marathon Feels Like

 


 

Once he felt a little better, Sehun decided to go back to school, his lessons with both of the males were finished for today. Luckily, he came in after those lessons with Mr. Wu and Mr. Huang.

He had just had, well, ran out of his food class.

He didn’t mind the class itself, he’d just have to watch Jongin mess with Mr. Do and it was quite entertaining but was still cute as far as he was concerned. The short teacher eventually snapped after Jongin and chased him through the classroom.

The food compartment at the back was full of delicious smells of baking or baked foods which made the environment sweet and safe if it wasn’t for Jongin messing around. However, Sehun didn’t feel any less miserable being in that environment like he thought he would.

Sehun slowly twirled some of his hair in his fingers. He felt his cheeks tingle, then send out a sharp pain as they tightened and he began to cry. He stood up from his chair before the salty drops fell onto his freshly written work - which was more doodles than writing - and ran out of the classroom.

“Oh Sehun!” Mr. Do yelled when he escaped his classroom without permission, but Sehun was long gone to even hear him.

He couldn’t take what he saw the other day… It took him the few past days to build himself back up.

He mindlessly wandered the halls of the school as he told himself to try and forget the feelings his heart were emitting.

There was no use of them now.

 

 

Meanwhile, Zitao was practically ripping out his hair in worry over the blond. He hadn’t seen Sehun in days, his seat was empty each time he taught the class Sehun was supposed to be in.

The teacher so so badly wanted to call Sehun’s parents but he had no reason to do so. There was no excuse he could really come up with. Despite knowing Sehun was teased, as he had defended him many times, the boy had a high attendance and so the school wouldn’t see the need for him to call.

He sighed loudly and a few of his students in his current class began to whisper. Zitao quickly shifted his tie so that is was in the correct place again and evened out his sleeves. He then composed himself and told his class he would be back in a few minutes.

Once he closed the wooden door behind him, he let out a huge breath he was holding in. He felt his eyes stinging in worry for the blond. He nodded in agreement with his mental thoughts that were screaming at him to call Sehun’s home. Turning to head to the main reception where he would get the information, he paused.

He was about to take a step but he was halted when familiar large brown eyes met his.

 

Sehun stared up at Zitao, his eyes full of water. He felt the sadness in his body increased tenfold, he wanted to shake his head in disbelief that he actually wandered to Mr. Huang’s classroom of all places, once again.

 

The English teacher felt his heart thump against his ribs as he knew the younger was alright, or at least he was here. He’d known something was wrong. Their first date was not the best of experiences and he knew that. The dark haired male had begun to gather his thoughts over the past few days to be able to apologise to Sehun and correct any problems.

However, all that composition he had practised vanished and he stepped over towards the younger.

 

Sehun instantly stepped back in response.

 

“Sehun?” Mr. Huang murmured, his tone of voice sounding confused at Sehun’s action. Sehun’s expression morphed into a frown and the look of disappointment in his teacher. Zitao then stepped back again so that they were both the same distance apart once more.

 

“I have a feeling this is a lot more complicated than I think it is.” Zitao expressed with a frown and a hand to his face in tiredness. He looked over at the young male who was ready to explode in some sort of anger. He took a stance, fist in balls and opened his mouth.

“I’m sorry you felt you had to pretend you liked me…” Sehun croaked out and then his heels and bolted down the hall away from the English teacher.

“Wait, Sehun!” Zitao shouted after him and reached out a hand, wishing it could reach all that way and stop the blond.

Pretend?

He sighed as he inhaled a deep breath and did something he never thought he would…

He ran down the hall, chasing after the younger male. Chasing a student down through the school was the last thing he’d ever do.

 


 

It was close. Every corner Sehun sped round Zitao did a few moments later. The teacher was panting heavily trying to follow his student, no, Sehun. He needed to sort this out!

Judging from his reaction back there, a lot more was going on in the young boy’s head than just their date which Zitao thought he needed to make up for…

Sehun stopped at a corner when his body reached exhaustion and turned to look behind. He saw Mr. Huang following him, gaining speed, coming closer. He felt his eyes filling up again, ready to spill tears.

Why was he following him? He didn’t really want him… Sehun had worked that out on his own.

One too many romance novels and it resulted in him viewing everything falsely like in the beginning. He bit his cheek and shut his eyes tightly. He turned to look down the next path he could take and went to dart off when his upper arm was gripped so tightly he yelped.

Sehun turned and saw Zitao staring down at him, sweat beading on his forehead from over exertion and chasing him. He felt his entire being shaking and saw that the English teacher was too.

The younger began crying and attempted to pull himself away out of the grip, but it was so tight. Zitao was gripping onto him with no intention of letting him go.

“Why are you doing this? You don’t have to say anything, I get it!” The blond screeched. His voice echoed through the empty classrooms and the English teacher was breathing heavily, trying to catch his breath.

“No.” Zitao said harshly, “You don’t get it.”

Their eyes met and the student flinched at the dark haired male pulling him closer.

Sehun shut his eyes and let himself fall against Mr. Huang’s chest.

 


 

“Talk to me, Sehun.” Mr. Huang asked, practically begging Sehun to speak. The blond sat with him in his car as he did on the date. Sehun managed to convince himself that if Mr. Huang wanted to talk to him then there must be more to what he saw. It was wrong to assume and he’d caused himself so much heart ache without even listening to the older male.

 

The English teacher had taken them both to a close yet private destination to the school. The large trees swayed in the wind and the leaves that broke away from them skimmed across the windscreen like feathers as Zitao placed a hand on Sehun’s.

Right now wasn’t the time to be cautious about touching Sehun, now was the time to ensure the student that he was there… There for him and did feel strongly about him.  

 

“I’m sorry you felt you had to pretend you liked me…”

 

Sehun’s eyes met Zitao’s again and the pair gave a small smile to one another to try and ease any nervousness they felt.

“It’s just you and me, you can talk to me. Let me fix whatever I did to upset you.” The teacher begged and squeezed Sehun’s hand. Sehun slowly pulled his hand away and placed both of them in his lap. Tears began to stain his uniform recalling the very scene he saw that caused him the pain his chest was feeling now.

 

“I saw you and Mr. Wu in the staffroom the other day.”

 

Zitao frowned in question and then sighed once he remembered exactly what had happened. He had thought someone was at the door and he had thought it was Sehun. However, he assumed he had gone mad with his feelings for the boy and began imagining him everywhere.

He smiled a little, feeling the corners of his mouth turning. He quickly dismissed his smile and cleared his throat, “I thought you were there. I thought I was imagining it.”

“So… Did you want to tell me about that now or when I found out?” Sehun whispered, he began shaking and the teacher swallowed.

“Sehun there’s nothing between me and Yi- Mr. Wu. Teachers are a lot different in private than in the classroom, you know that right? Of course, we’ll act differently and more friendly. We can’t do that in front of students, we are the authority.”

“You’re not going out with Mr. Wu?” The blond timidly questioned and received a laugh and a warm smile from the teacher sat beside him. Zitao reached over and cupped Sehun’s face.

He reckoned he should have done this in the beginning as it could be confusing between two people where they stand if it’s not laid out.

Sehun felt his breath grow shaky as Zitao looked into his eyes. “There’s nothing. Not-a-thing, between me and Yifan or Mr. Wu. I promise that it’s only you.”

Sehun stayed staring at the older in a sort of trance as he held his face. The English teacher internally scolded himself. That’s what someone who meant the opposite would say…

When it came to talking to Sehun he was a jumbled mess, but if he could write an essay on how he felt he knew the boy wouldn’t doubt him ever again.

He cleared his throat again, “I wouldn’t use you as a toy, it’s already dangerous that I have feelings for you… I wouldn’t risk your future or mine just for a bit of fun. I’m serious of how I feel about you.”

Slowly, the blond nodded and smiled. Mr. Huang looked at him puzzled and the younger felt his tears meet the large hands cupping his face. “I’m an idiot…” Sehun said degradingly and Zitao shook his head.

“You’re not. I’m the idiot. Our date went terrible and I never made up for it. I want to show you everything I can that makes you happy, to make you see how happy you make me.” He then sighed and let go of the soft face and leant back into his seat.

He turned to Sehun after the younger didn’t reply and saw the entirety of the small face pink. He started laughing.

Sehun shook his head in embarrassment and buried his head into his palms. Zitao guessed he said something right for once as Sehun then turned to him with an adorable grin and hugged him awkwardly from his seat.

 

Sehun jolted when a buzz scared him coming from the dark haired male. Zitao sighed and pulled out his phone to see Yifan calling him. It was probably because he abandoned his class and classroom without a word…

He didn’t care currently, he had something more important to deal with.

 

He asked Sehun if it was alright to return back to the school and the younger agreed to go back.

Everything was sorted now, he hoped.

 

He poked Sehun before they headed their separate ways to different classrooms. He had his class and Sehun had another.

“Is everything okay now?” Zitao asked and bit his lip.

He felt like a teenager again sorting out relationship issues in the middle of the school day!

The blond male nodded and waved the older male bye. “See you tomorrow, Mr. Huang. Ah, Zitao! We can talk more then, if not I’m going to be late for my class!”

Zitao grinned at seeing Sehun high-spirited again and headed in the opposite direction.

 


 

The next day Sehun arrived at school with a grin on his face. His first lesson today was with Mr. Huang.

He stepped through a large crowd of students. Some girls and guys were squealing in excitement.

Sehun sighed as he was shoved around by some of the more brawny students in his attempt to free himself. He fell to the floor in the centre of the gathering. He hissed in pain and began collecting his books that had fallen out.

Before school had ended yesterday he left his notepad in his locker to avoid the chance of anyone else reading it like Mr. Huang had managed to.

“Ah, it’s you!” A voice called and Sehun locked eyes with a male.

Sehun touched in front of his eyes and realised his glasses were not on his face.

“Here you go, the cute one!” Sehun blinked as his glasses were shoved back on his face and his eyes widened as he looked at the owner of the voice.

Baekhyun?!

The blond scrambled backwards and tried to pinch his wrist has hard as he could.

“What are you doing? I’m no dream. I know it’s hard to believe.” Baekhyun said with a devious chuckle.

Sehun’s head sank in exhaustion already and the day hadn’t even started…

 


 

“I transferred here, but I never expected to see you. So you go school here, huh?”

Sehun nodded sheepishly as Baekhyun rammed himself right beside Sehun’s desk with his own. There were supposed to be separate desks for each student, but Baekhyun and placed a desk next to the other without a care.

“I didn’t know you were a school student,” Sehun whispered as the rest of the class were watching them.

 

Many were in disbelief that someone like Baekhyun would talk to Sehun. The boy had designer shoes, sunglasses and his bag was at least twice the amount all of their parents were paid in a month! Still, he was all over Sehun and they didn’t know why.

 

“Yeah… It gets boring though so I got that job to tease people like yourself! I like to assume their situations. I get told off a lot for actually saying something though. But there’s a lot more to me than that! You’ll see!”

Sehun sighed at learning Baekhyun’s antics, however, he couldn’t help but smile at the fact Baekhyun had just admitted to being more than a nuisance to others. Perhaps there was a normal boy under the faade.

 

The eccentric male groaned, “So is the English teacher a man or woman? Are they hot?”

Sehun’s face dropped in the realisation that Baekhyun had seen him and Mr. Huang the other day and would most likely recognise him.

Then he’d know that he was dating him!

 

The classroom door opened and the blond haired male sank down in his seat as Baekhyun turned to the door excitedly and Mr. Huang stepped in looking down at his register and then looked out to the class.

His eyes instantly met Sehun’s and then Baekhyun’s.

 

“It’s him!” Baekhyun spat and stood up from his desk.