bundle.1

Three's A Crowd
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

bundle.1

“Are we really going to do this?” Ash asked Jhil and Andrea, the ones who planned everything curiously. Not even once did they ever plan an outdoor sleepover.

Everyone in their tight little group knew that in normal situations that they would rather be caught dead than be bitten by bugs and sleep in a sleeping bag.

Jhil waved her hand as if to assure her while checking her own overnight bag for camping. "We'll be fine. I'm sure it's going to be fun!"

Hearing it from her, Ash doubts that statement. No matter what Jhil does, there's always trouble following her. The mishap with Camille was a testament to that.

Dani, who was packing her things beside Ash, caught her eyes with the same look of disbelief to Jhil's words. Ash gestured to the older one not to say anything.

"You’re just happy because it'll be a whole day with eye candy." Camille spoke out.

Jhil arched a brow and didn’t bother denying the truth. "Just keep eating your chips and mind your own business. Just because you're happily together with your 'Jinki' you have to remind us of our single lives."

"That's just you Jhillie. Andrea's happily together with her Sehun." Camille cheekily pointed out.

They both turned to Andrea's direction. Their friend was sitting on the couch giggling in front of her phone before typing something. Both of them rolled their eyes.

Ash kept shut and continued packing her things. She was almost finished. She made sure that she brought extra clothes and brought the necessary items like her sleeping bag, flashlight and extra batteries. There were also a few canned food and snacks.

"Who will be bringing the tents and the things we need for cooking?" She asked the others.

Angela answered her. "The boys said that they'll bring 3 tents while we bring the other three."

Everyone nodded before Kat paused. "Wait a minute."She zipped her bag and narrowed her eyes at her well-mannered friend. "HOW do you know that? As far as we know other than Jhil and Andrea, no one knows their numbers. Who told you?"

Everyone's attention turned back to Angela, realizing the same thing. Their eyes twinkled in interest.

Angela's cheeks bloomed pink and covered her cheeks with her hands."Yixing."She said in her softest voice that her friends didn't catch the name.

"Say what again?"

She sighed and spoke louder. "YIXING.” Angela looked away in embarrassment.

The rest of the girls teased one of the youngest mercilessly at that point, forgetting about packing and more interested in their friend's love life.

Something smells sweet, Ash thought with an amused smile at her friend.

 

 

Long before the sun rose, Ash together with her friends have forced themselves to wake up. Ash had barely closed her eyes and before she knew it, they had to leave already.

She grouched when her phone rang, waking her from dreamless sleep. The weather was still too good to wake up from. She wanted to bundle up with her blanket and sleep some more. Too bad her friends weren’t thinking the same thing.

Her warm blanket was off her as soon as her alarm stopped ringing. She curled up, not ready to face the day.

“Leave me alone. It’s cold.”She groaned, not even caring who was waking her.

Someone sighed and slapped her thigh. Ash yelped and sat up with a glare at whoever was disturbing her so early in the morning.

“ it up Ash. Everyone’s almost ready.”Kat said without even caring whether she was mad or not.

Everything was still so blurry with her. She grumpily checked at her phone and saw that it was only 4 in the morning.

“So early…”She whined, kicking in frustration.

The call of her warm bed was tempting but she remembered her friends planned a camping trip with Sehun’s friends. That also means that she’ll be meeting with Baekhyun, the boy of her dreams.

Her cheeks already felt warm just thinking about it. That thought alone was enough to force her to finally get off her bed.

“I really am boy-crazy…”She sighed and got dressed.

Ash was the last one to get dressed and by the time she finished, everyone else was waiting for her in the living room. Everything was packed and ready.

They all got into a van they rented and a relative of Andrea who was kind enough to chauffer them to their destination. As soon as the vehicle started most of them went to sleep. 3 hours was a long time to catch some sleep.

They have foregone the air conditioner despite the season. It was still early and the morning air was still cold.

Three hours passed by quickly that the girls realize. Andrea’s relative woke them up with a loud shout bringing everyone the shock of their lives and soon after groaning at the sudden surprise.

Andrea grouched at her uncle, who just laughed and got out of the car to help them with their things. Sluggishly they all followed suit.

Ash moved like she was still out of it and she was. She still felt sleepy. Her bed at home was a lot better than the car seat in the van. Just thinking of her soft bed made her all the more wondering whether she made the right choice in going with her friends for camping.

With her eyes still too swollen from waking up, she rubbed them trying to erase the traces of sleep in them. She was definitely not ‘camping’ material. Too late to regret her choice, she sighed and took her bag and waited for the others.

 

The drop-off was near the campsite and to Ash’s surprise, she could see smoke coming from that direction. She assumed together with the others that the boys must have arrived earlier than them.

Excited at the thought of seeing Baekhyun forced her sleepy body to move. She shook of the thoughts of her bed at home and walked forward towards the camping ground where Jhil and Andrea planned to meet the other guys.

She smelled smoke and meat being grilled. At first, she thought the guys arrived early but to her surprise as well as the rest of her friends someone else was there.

"Morning guys, how’s your trip?" Onew’s smiling face greeted them.

To everyone’s surprise it was Camille’s boyfriend, Onew, a member of the student council in their school.

With a squeal, Camille dropped her bags and ran to her boyfriend. She jumped into his arms and luckily Onew expected her reaction and caught her with ease. He twirled her around and laughed.

The couple seemed to forget that they weren't the only ones in this camping trip.

The way they were acting, it was like they’re filming a movie. Ash stifled the laugh bubbling from .

Behind the girls, someone cleared his throat. With the amusing scene of Onew and Camille, they didn’t notice Sehun and his friends have also arrived.  

The guys have perfect timing and smirked at the unusual scene so early in the morning. Chanyeol, one of Sehun’s friends and Kat’s crush, cleared his throat and grinned at the distracted couple.

“Sehun I think they’ve beaten you in the ‘nauseating’ department.”Chanyeol teased with that silly grin on his face.

Upon seeing Chanyeol, Ash looked in Kat’s direction. Kat looked

Ash's brow rose higher at the unusual behavior of her friends. She chuckled, thinking that it was probably a side effect of falling in love.

Sehun just rolled his eyes and playfully scuffed Chanyeol’s arm. “Jealousy doesn’t look good on you Chanyeol. Maybe you should get yourself a girlfriend.”

“Oh! You’re here.”The smile Andrea had upon seeing her boyfriend and his friends were almost blinding. Ash almost had the urge to cover her eyes.

Jhil and Andrea were the first ones to approach the guys as they were the ones responsible for planning the trip to begin with.

Andrea couldn’t stop the silly grin from rising on her lips as she greeted her boyfriend with a kiss on the cheek. “No problems I hope?”

Sehun laughed lightly and stuck a thumb in Chanyeol’s direction. “This guy thought it would be funny to wake us up just minutes before we arrived here. Thankfully Suho-hyung managed the situation or his face won’t look so pretty anymore.”

“You guys won’t do that to me. You guys are my best buds.”Chanyeol looked a little red and uncomfortable with the annoyed looks in his direction by his friends. He shrugged acting he didn’t mind but Sehun appeared to know it was an act.

Sehun smirked and slowly grinned mischievously. “Friendships can be tested by you, Chanyeol.”

“I’m still older than you maknae.” The tall giant warned.

Ash didn’t know whether to take the guy’s words seriously. The look on his face and his tone didn’t match the man’s words.

“Not everyone is all rainbows and farts butterflies so early in the morning.”Baekhyun grumbled loud enough for everyone to hear.

Ash was shocked to hear those words from him and choked on her own saliva, finding his words hilarious. Thankfully she managed to cover with her hand, avoiding any embarrassment on her part.

It made her smile knowing that even Baekhyun didn’t like waking up early. Knowing that, she felt some sort of kinship at her unrequited feelings.

This camping trip was planned mostly by her friends, Jhil and Andrea. From the guy’s side, Sehun and Kyungsoo helped out in the technical aspects of the trip.

It will be a 2 days and I night trip by a lake. They discovered the place through Onew, who had gone to the place a couple of times throughout the years.

Their camp was near a lake and was privately owned, meaning that no outsiders will be disturbing them.

No one expected Camille’s boyfriend to be here. It was supposed to be a trip w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter