ala carte.

Three's A Crowd
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In a cute little café where Dani frequents, Ash joined her for an afternoon drink. It wasn’t unusual for Ash, the shorter one to surprise her friend whenever the need arises. All of her friends are used to this and were patient during these times.

 

“Eonnie~” Ash whined for the 10th time to her friend, frustrated at her friend and her own situation. She had been ranting as soon as she put her own cup on the table and Dani continued to act as if she was alone.

 

“Hmmm?”Dani tucked her short hair behind her ear and hummed. She raised a brow, looking at her phone as she calmly picked up her mug and quietly took a sip of her café Americano.

 

Nothing could replace the frown on Ash’s face that had been there ever since she joined Dani. On a normal day, Dani would have asked her what was wrong but the older female could guess what was bothering her friend. It didn’t surprise her since it was the only thing that Ash was frustrated of these days.

 

Dani was indeed listening to her, although not all of it. From what she remembered Ash has always been this way whenever she’s head over heels over someone. The girl just couldn’t stop herself from falling in love and then feel down when the boy of her affections doesn’t notice her.

Ash’s failed attempt to catch the attention of Sehun’s friend, Baekhyun, has her acting like a mess. Her whining had gotten into an annoying level that Dani was tempted to knock some sense to her.  

Dani would have if only she wasn’t the same herself…

The older one, Dani carefully put her cup down and looked at Ash moping with her head down on the table.

The café where they were staying was usually quiet during this time of the day and no one paid any attention to Ash’s behaviour. They were lucky.  

“What am I to do? He’s still the same. No matter how much I make myself look prettier or send him gifts, it’s not working.”Dani could still understand the words even though it was muffled by the table.

Dani sighed and tapped her friend’s head with her fan that she always have in reach. “Ash…honey… you’re forgetting that the boy you like is ‘POPULAR.’ Do you even understand what that word meant?”

Ash wasn’t dumb or forgetful. Of course she knows how popular Baekhyun is. The all-male school where he’s studying has always been popular and to add to his reputation, being part of a talented dance group where Sehun and their other friends were part of, has attracted a lot of attention. She looked up at her friend who wasn’t finished talking with a helpless look. 

“And don’t forget that he’s always with that Chanyeol guy; the giant one with the unusually big ears. I don’t even know why Kat would like that one.”Dani said before pointing her fan to her. “Better watch for that one. I think he’s trying to snatch your pretty boy.”

A sour expression formed on Ash’s face when Chanyeol’s name, was mentioned. “Don’t remind me of Chanyeol. He always hogs all of Baekhyun’s attention!” She whined and tapped the table in frustration.

Chanyeol was like a bane to her existence. Ever since she met Baekhyun, the giant male has always been in the picture. They were in the same dancer group and known to be close friends. Some fans have even wondered if the two have some ‘special’ relationship other than being friends due to their close friendship.

Just thinking about it has Ash’s stomach churning in a bad way that got Dani look at her in concern.

“Ash, are you alright? You don’t look so good.”

She shook her head to get rid of the unwelcomed thoughts and assured her friend that she was perfectly fine. It’s been months since she started pursuing Baekhyun. Most people would have thought if they knew how much effort she had given to have him notice her would be that she’ll end up getting hurt even more if she doesn’t stop.

She couldn’t stop. It was too late to stop. She was into him… DEEP.

Being stuck in an unrequited love, she hated it. No wants to feel like this. The helplessness, feeling of disappointment and hurt at every failure makes everything worse.

Why doesn’t he look at her?, she wondered every day. To be honest, she thought of herself to be quite a catch. She’s cute and short. Most guys like that kind of girl. Her height matches well with the boy she liked.

Confidently, she thought she was the perfect girl for her. That conclusion might be a result of delusion and hopeless wishes, but she really thought that she could be the girl for him.

She sighed and leaned her forehead back to the table. “I want my own happy ending just like Camille and Andrea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter