Book 1: Chapter 1

Siblings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Book 1: Chapter 1

The Arrival

 

 

Two weeks ago…

 

“I can’t wait to see Yunho! He will probably prepare some lavish Fire Nation buffet for us! I need to have those fire dumplings! They’re the best!” exclaims a raven-haired young lady garbed in a classy blue frock, her hands flailing in the air in her excitement. “Sooyeon! I seriously cannot wait!” She grabs her companion’s garment with both hands, her grin widening as she gently shakes Sooyeon.

 

Sooyeon, the older, more reserved brunette sitting calmly in her grasp, chuckles in response. “Calm down, Soojung. We’re arriving soon.” Hand pats Soojung’s head before it takes hold of one of Soojung’s hands clutching the fabric of her older sister’s clothes. “Now, let go of me before I make you feel cold and fuzzy.” The younger one immediately releases her grip on Sooyeon, knowing full well what the older girl means when she says that certain phrase.

 

“That’s my Soojung.” Sooyeon smiles, her eyes disappearing into crescents before she pats the empty cushioned seat beside her. “Come sit with me.” Soojung complies, moving from the opposite seat, still a little wary of her sister’s previous threat.

 

Sooyeon catches on to her cautious behavior and giggles. “Yah, Soojung. I’m not that mean.”

 

The younger one raises a brow in doubt, “No way! Remember that time when you used blood bending on me?” Soojung cringes at the recall, before she turns to pout at her older sibling, “That was so awful! How could you do that to your sister?!” Hands cross against her chest as she huffs and avoids her sister’s amused gaze.

 

“You always bring that up whenever we argue. It was an accident, Soojung. I didn’t mean to use it against you.” Sooyeon explains, scooting closer to the younger girl who moves away from her. They both continue at it until Soojung finds herself cornered by the coach’s wall. Sooyeon places her arm over Soojung’s shoulders and pulls younger one towards her.

 

A squeak escapes the younger sibling as she finds herself being crushed in her older sister’s tight embrace. “S-Sooyeon-” Soojung mumbles against her sister’s chest, “I-I c-can’t-breathe!” Her sister’s hold slackens, making Soojung pull away from her older sister. A pout appears on her lips.

 

Hands make her way to cup her face. “Soojungie is soo cute!!!” Sooyeon exclaims in delight much to Soojung’s distraught. “Come here, you adorable little sister!” And she finds herself being engulfed in another bear hug before Sooyeon showers her face with kisses, making her laugh so hard.

 

“Sooyeonie, stop! Hahahaha! Pwease! I-stop it- hahaha!”

 

+++       

 

“Your Highness,” the Fire Nation captain addresses the young man standing by the window. The figure turns, sharp eyes landing on the captain. “Hm?” He hums, prompting the captain to continue.

 

“They have arrived.” Lips twitch into half a smile as the young lord’s face lights up. He nods at the captain before he speaks, “I will meet them at the hall. Do send in some snacks for them. I’m sure they’re famished.”

 

“Yes, Prince Yunho.” The captain bows before he leaves his presence. The prince sighs as he catches sight of the papers on the table. He takes one of the parchments, eyes skim through words before he places the paper back down. Lips purse into a smile as an idea hits him.

 

“Just in time.” He murmurs before he exits his office.

 

+++

 

The servants attending to the two visitors all watched in awe, their jaws dropping to the floor as they observe the two sisters devouring all of the snacks laid out on the table like starved wolves.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter