Book 1: Chapter 4

Siblings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Book 1: Chapter 4

Republic City

Sighing, he sets his pen down and runs his fingers through his hair before pushing off the plush couch. Feet carry him across the room towards the window. Body leans against window frame. Arms soon cross over his chest as he looks out through the clear glass, out towards the city park. Soon his attention lands on the grand Avatar Korra Statue. He had only arrived from the Northen Water Tribe a few days ago. And ever since he had arrived he’s been whisked away to his hotel room. Where he stayed because he did not wish to have guards following him everywhere.

 

And that was mainly due to the events that had transpired back when his grandfather was still the general of the United Forces. Before Iroh had become Fire Lord. Before Desna and Eska were crowned Chiefs. When the Red Lotus ran rampant, trying to throw the world into chaos. When diplomatic leaders were in danger. “At least it is safe to say that Republic City has stepped up their protection detail,” he mutters. Another sigh and he takes a step away from the window only to stop as a knock sounds throughout the small room. “Come in,” he calls out, watching as the door handle turns. The door opens revealing a Northern Water Tribe warrior. Jihoon stares at the grey eyes that peek out from beneath the dark blue hood and from behind the blue mask. “What is it?”

 

“The boat that is transporting your family here from the Fire Nation should be arriving soon, Sir,” states the warrior. Jihoon nods his head in response, walking over to the couch to grab his jacket. “We have a car waiting downstairs for you.” He nods once again, slipping his jacket on before bee-lining for the door.  “The President has also requested your appearance as well as your father’s and brother’s tonight for dinner.” Jihoon gives the guard one last look over.

 

“Keep up the good work,” was all the young Chief in training says.

 

+++

 

Eyes open wide in amazement as Aang Memorial Island comes into view. The youngest of the siblings rush to the edge of the ship, gripping the railing as she stares up at the large jade stone statue. “I’ve seen pictures of it in Movers, as well as in the textbooks and the newspapers. But to see it in real life,” she glances over her shoulders at her older siblings and father. “We have to visit Air Temple Island. As well as Avatar Korra Park, and the pro-bending arena!” The Fire Lord laughs lightly as he approaches his youngest. “And Future Industries! Do you think we can go to Future Industries? I need to get my hands on one of the newer Satomobiles. Or even maybe a motorcycle.”

 

“I am sorry to say this Soojung but we are here on business. The President has called together the leaders of the four nations for a meeting. I have to attend that meeting. Yunho will be with me to learn the ropes. And I have instructed the guards to you and your sister to the hotel.” Disbelief crosses the young fire princess’ face. “After the fiasco that happened back at the palace, I think it is for the best.”

 

“You should have just left us behind,” mumbles Soojung in response crossing her arms. “How can we come to Republic City and not see one pro-bending match?” Yunho looks towards Sooyeon who was remaining extremely quiet about the whole ordeal. “You can’t just come and not see one match! For the spirits, father.” The Fire Lord turns away from his daughter. “Just one match! The guards can take me and Sooyeon to see one match and then back to the hotel. Please?”

 

“Don’t drag me into this Soojung!” shouts back the water bender. Soojung groans, causing for their father to wag his finger. “After sitting in Yunho’s spot doing his work,” Sooyeon turns to their older sibling, earning a sheepish grin from the crown prince. “I just wanna rest. Maybe read a book or something. The Pro-Bending Arena is going to be loud.” Soojung groans yet again. She couldn’t believe her siblings were such party poopers. A frown crosses her face as she looks over the edge and down at the water. Life in the Northern Water Tribe was something. It wasn’t exactly adventurous. But it wasn’t dull either. It was just cold. Just a cold average life.

 

And yeah, she gets to visit the Fire Nation Palace every once in a while with her sister. But life there was less adventurous as well. Just study after study, learning to perfect the art of fire-bending. Learning to become the Fire Nation Princess. It was only fun when she snuck out of the palace. Well snuck out makes it seem like she has no privileges. When she leaves the palace, and stumbles upon some of the gangs and do-no-gooders. Exhaling loudly through her nose, Soojung shoots a feebly punch releasing a ball of blue flames towards the water. “Life stinks,” she mutters.

 

“You are the daughter of the Fire Lord and the Chieftess of the Northern Water Tribe. Life isn’t supposed to be fun, Soojung.” Her head drops at her father’s words. “You are next in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter