The scape

Goodbye, my beloved Danger

Seungri was willing to listen to the whole story, even more when the man decided to use that nickname again, but the silence surrounding them was a bad sign, a terrible sign if he was to be dramatic. Jiyong took long to speak; it was evident that articulating each word was pure torture. He had nothing to offer to ease his suffering and it seemed that the guard wasn't coming back any time soon.

"We need to get out of here," the inspector announced out of the blue.

"I'm caged, remember?" was Jiyong's sarcastic reply.

"Something's not right, you know it, and I have a feeling that this Taeyang guy has something to do with all of this." He wasted no time and started lifting him from the bed. He complained, Seungri expected that, almost all his wounds were opened, but staying more time in there was surely a death sentence for them both.

"I can't even remember the guy, why would he?" Jiyong tried to talk faster, coughing form time to time, while Seungri covered him with his coat and helped him stand.

"Jiyong, Jihye has cheating on you with him, he has a great motive to take her away and blame you for it. Now, would you please shut up? We need to be quiet if we want to get out of here."

"What a pretty couple we were." His comment was bitter, Seungri could tell, but the look in his eyes was almost sweet, longing even, he must really love her.

The inspector took the remains of Jiyong's shirt to clean at least a little his wounds. The older hissed when the fabric brushed against each cut and brought his left hand to cover his mouth, like that, the sound was muffled, no longer echoing through the empty dungeon. Seungri's hand was getting closer to most painful cut, the one under his , and his first reaction was to grab something, anything within his reach, that could help him release some tension. With eyes closed Jiyong awaited for the stinging pain but it never came.

"Time to go" He heard Seungri say.

He let out a sigh that had been stuck in his lungs without his knowledge, and started walking towards Seungri who was now standing by the entrance. He didn't say a thing about ignoring that particular wound, Jiyong didn't complain either, but there was something in his eyes that told him the reason to stop was far more complicated than what the inspector was willing to share.

They walked in silence to the back door at the end of the hall; Seungri supported his weight until the door was in front of them. Jiyong was suspicious, he was supposedly attempting to escape with the same inspector that accused him of murdering his wife few days back, the same that decided to step out of his life not that long ago and the same he sure as hell wanted as close as he possible could. There was something, however, that told him to be cautious and restraint his trust for as long as the situation allowed him, maybe it had to do with what he could call being tortured in a rush inside of the Seoul's police headquarters. He would bet that the hat guy and his tall master held high places there.

"Pretend you are dying" Seungri demanded, bringing him back to reality.

Jiyong left all his weight fall into the other one and started in pain as believable as he could manage. What surprised him was receiving Seungri's obnoxious laugh.

"Die quietly!"

"Says the one whose laugh can wake up an entire building!" Retorted the older, "you seem so sure about us getting out of here."

"I don't know, but I like to be optimistic" Seungri's laugh died down as fast as it came, he was using now that poker face he used at the interrogation room, "I think they are waiting for me on the other side, not wanting to make a fuss. Now do as I told you."

Seungri pushed the door open and Jiyong started his act.

 

Seunghyun was yet again walking around his office. Even though the information Daesung could get out of Jiyong wasn't as good as he expected, what the boy had said between the lines was enough to help him understand why the inspector was so eager to find out the truth.

"They knew each other, that's what you're saying?" He asked one more time, Daesung nodded, "and you saw the lab rat handing him something I didn't approve beforehand?" Daesung nodded again.

Everything flew of the chief's desk as he knocked it over in rage. A series of curses followed his act and Daesung couldn't hold back his smile, as odd as it might seem, that side of his master was beautiful in his eyes. He liked to see the man throwing a tantrum aimed at anything but him, chief Choi could think of it as something intimidating, but after years of being with him, Daesung saw it more like a childish act that came after something that didn't go as planned. That, and many other traits, kept him where he was, doing what he did.

"Why did I have to hire that ing bastard? Trouble! That's all he is," a knock on the door made him stop and his enraged voice demanded: "What?"

"I'm sorry to interrupt, chief Choi" a trembling guard opened the door, "but inspector Seungri is now with the prisoner, he asked for water."

"Why the did you let him in?" Seunghyun yelled and rushed to the door, making the pale guard stumble backwards.

"Shall we go?" Daesung asked, holding the door open for them, "Or do you prefer for me to wait in his office."

"Seungri can't leave this building without coming to me first, we should get him there."

It seemed like the hitman's comment managed to cool down his temper, at least for a while. His professionalism was back on place and his stern gaze kept everyone at bay, they arrived at the dungeon in no time. Daesung was the first one to move toward the door after the second guard unlocked it; however, Seunghyun grabbed his arm before he could open it.

"I won't risk Jiyong linking you to me" he said, and pulled him rather softly to the side before pushing the door open with the same care.

Daesung stayed still with his back against the furthest wall. All this seemed like the prelude of a storm, they had managed to control pretty much every move inside Seoul's police department and yet, Seungri kept playing the "good boy" act and not once avoided getting into their plans. Jiyong's situation was just the top of the iceberg, it was becoming a real pain and Seunghyun was certainly going to stop that iceberg before it could sink their advantageous ship. He heard a loud rant of curses and guessed that neither the inspector nor the prisoner were inside, now things were getting interesting and, maybe, he could have some fun out of it. If things went as he expected, those two and the girl would be out of the map anytime soon.

"I want all officers available looking for them! Lee Seungri is now a fugitive, a traitor! And will be charged as such" The tall man yelled as he walked towards the main door where a few officers awaited, "what are you waiting for? Go!"

Everyone rushed upstairs to pass his orders, but Daesung did not move, he just smiled and hit his hat with his index finger to reveal his eyes.

"So?"

"I want both their heads, I don't care what it takes, this issue has gone way out of hand" the chief started walking to the upper floor, not waiting for the other to follow, "to think she wanted her husband to be freed, that sly little ."

"We need to talk to her." Daesung declared, guiding their path to the parking lot.

Seunghyun agreed with a single nod, he knew Jihye had enough knowledge to predict Jiyong's moves and he, as Seungri's boss, knew just how out of his comfort zone the young inspector was. Sooner or later they were going to take a misstep and he would make sure to be there to catch them.