The affair

Goodbye, my beloved Danger

Jiyong was playing with one of the threads that popped out of his old, ripped blanket, he didn't seem to find anything better to distract himself and stop thinking about his wife, about Seungri and his unfair imprisonment. There was simply no way he could accept it and remain still like a toy in that bed as hard as concrete. Suddenly, the two officers that were standing next to the main gate, turned to each other and left to what seemed to be a private room for them to forget their duties. Jiyong couldn't ignore the sound of footsteps coming closer to his cage, they were more calculeted and aggressive than Seungri's; wondering who could it be, he walked rather silently to the bars.

"Look what we got here, a scared dragon" said the man in front of him with a smirk, hair covering his eyes and making it impossible for Jiyong to tell how threatening he was. There was only one thing he could tell for sure, he knew him.

"You! Where is she!"

"Death. You killed her, don't you remember?"

Jiyong was furious. That was a lie, he was sure. He couldn't have hurt her in any way, but he was still extremely impulsive and tried to grab the others neck through the bars to release his rage; however, before his hands could even cross them, his neck was trapped in the others grip, preventing the oxygen from reaching his lungs.

"Oh, cut it, you are too weak to even try. Now, tell me, what did you tell him? How bad do you want him to believe in you?" He stayed silent for a moment and his grip tightened, waiting for him to split out what he wanted to know.

And then, as unexpected as it came, the hand in his neck disappeared and Jiyong crumbled to the ground.

He laied there, coughing, trying to catch his breath again. He almost lost his conscience due to the lack of oxygen, leaving his body numb and his vision blurry, his hands trembled as he tried to lift his body from the ground and almost failing to support him even an inch. Jiyong heard an amused chuckle behind him and a foot crashed onto his back, pressing him strongly to the ground.

"You do, right? You want him to believe in you" Daesung laughed again, mockingly "the poor naive Jiyong wants the passionate inspector to be the only one who believes in his words."

"At least I'm not a lapdog, following an abusive master" Snarled Jiyong, refusing to give in.

His side was awfully kicked in that instant and he could see a glimse of anger in Daesung's eyes through his hair. He was right after all, those tiny scratches in his cheek were made by the one behind this, that abnormaly tall guy with extremelly sharp eyes. He didn't really remembered much about them, but he saw him and this othe guy in his house the night his wife went missing, he was certain. Flashes of Daesug roaming around his house with a machine gun in his hands and that hat he always had covering half of his face. The other man appeared just a couple of times in his memories, his deep and angry tone echoing in his head as he commanded Daesung to check on him. His face was the las thing he remembered.

"You know nothing, but I know all about you" The other crowed, stepping now on his throat, leaving him gasping for air "you have no other option but to tell me the exact same thing you told Seungri, otherwise he'll find his good action of the week laying death on the ground."

"Liar. You know nothing about me" He panted as his lungs started to hurt.

Daesung just smirked and pulled him by his hair before lifting his foot from his throat and starting to walk towards the bed. Jiyong only realized that he was no longer laying on the ground when his hands were tied to the legs of the bed, his right hand brushing roughly against the wall. He started to kick and yell, desperately trying to attract someone's attention because he knew, he just knew, this wasn't going to end up well for him.

"Yell all you want, no one can hear you. Do you even know where we are?" He remained silent, just glaring at the other, who was now adjusting his leather gloves "you'll tell me what you told Seungri and I'll make sure nothing else comes out of your filthy mouth"

Jiyong raised his head from the wooden surface of the bed, trying hard to cover his bruised neck, never giving up the fight. Daesung remained still for a moment, watching him struggle, and took another rope to tie his legs. It wasn't easy, Jiyong made sure of it, but the other just tied his legs more painfully and strongly for making him look like a fool trying to catch his ankles. Now he was completely tied and unable to move more than his head, Daesung cut his shirt with a pocket knife and rested the blade next to his right .

"Shall we start?"

 

Seungri had sent the translation request with top priority and asked to be informed of any progress. You see, speaking English in Korea was a luxury at the time and few managed the language enough to read or even write. It was pretty much evident by now that this "Taeyang" was well positioned in Korean society and expected his identity to be well hidden under the nickname.

Seungri's team reported good progress in the translation of the letters, some seemed to be drafts of letters Mrs. Kwon intended to send and most were letters addressed to her from Taeyang, non were kept with the envelope. The inspector was now reading through a rouglh transcript of the most recent letter from the guy, dated a few weeks before the incident.

My dear muse

It's been long since the last time I've seen you and I'm dying to hear your tender voice saying my name. Has your husband treated you right? (now he rambles about Kwong Jiyong not spending enough time with her and his desires to confort her) ​​​​​​. We both know he doesn't love you the way I do and you don't love him with the burning passion you've shown me, so let's run away together.

My darling (blurry, could be some persuasive argument to convince the victim) I'll wait for your answer, if you decide to come to me, we will be forever happy.

Your Taeyang,

YB

There wasn't much to add since it was already quite compromising. However, it didn't exclude Jiyong from the suspect list and he had to make sure how much he already knew. He took the second copy the lab sent and walked straight to the dungeon, avoiding the chief as much as he could, the investigation was over for Choi SeungHyung and it was best to keep him at bay until he got something really useful either to prove Jiyong's innocence or to give him a sentnce.

The fist thing that made Seungri believe there was something fishy going on was the absence of guard at the door, the second was the commotion that came from the inside when he started knocking at the iron door, the third and what put his whole body in alert mode was the terrifying expression in the face of the guard who rushed to open the door for him. The guy was pale, panting, he tried to keep a calm expression even though his hair was damped with sweat and a thin cut was visible in his neck, red enough to be recent, clean enough to be made by a professional who only wanted to scare the poor man.

"Everything all right?" He asked, scanning the dungeon with sharp eyes.

"Yes, Sir, nothing... " the guy's voice got stuck in his throat when the inspector's eyes landed in the small cell that supposedly kept Jiyong inside.

"Why is it open?" Seungri yelled, panic getting the best of him.

So many thoughts rushed through his head while he ran the few meters to Jiyong's cell, was he on the run? Did he think Seungri was doing nothing to help? Was he right and someone kidnaped him to silence him? Was he dead?

Jiyong was laying on his bed, his clothes were almost completely torn up and with blood covering some of the shreds. His right cheek was swollen, his left was no better, his chest was filled with small cuts deep enough to blead and a single drop of blood had escaped from his mouth to disappear in his hair. He had pulse, Seungri could feel it in his bruised neck, but it was faint.

"Jiyong, please, wake up" he started to caress his cheeks and move his hair, afraid to make things even harder if he deared to move him much. "I'm here, I'm with you, just open your eyes ba... please"

Babe, he almost said it, Seungri hadn't use it in a long time and yet his heart couldn't forget just how he used to call the man in front of him.

A cough broke his train of thought. Jiyong was alive, coughing blood but alive. He couldn't sit and the inspector turned him to the side so he wouldn't drown, rubbing light circles to his back. Seungri smiled relieved while the color started to fill Jiyong's face again, slow but certain, while the coughing finally stoped.

"I need wather, a cloth, and a new shirt. Now!" He instructed with a voice that left no space for retort. Looking again at Jiyong, his expression softened, "how do you feel? What happened?"

"Like trash" the prisoner answered in a hoarse whisper "she is alive, Ri, I know."