D // Son's of Eros Pt II

La Vie en Rose || A HoMin Collection

AU // Yunho has kept the secret of his blood tie with Changmin to himself. Despite knowing that their love cannot bloom within human society, Yunho goes along with his emotions for one night; a night that will cost him Aphrodite’s anger. Will things be the same between Yunho and Changmin once the young lad uncovers the truth, or will someone come along and confess the unexpected? (Part Two to Son’s of Eros)

 

----

 

The smell of spaghetti permeated the air of the restaurant. Changmin stared at the checkered red and white tablecloth; the pieces of bread that rested beautifully on a basket atop the wooden table were buttery crisp, a hint of garlic decorating its toasted surface. It was the first time Changmin had ever seen something so luxurious as the Italian restaurant they were in. He was excited, thrilled even -- he seemed like a child who had just been brought to a world of new wonders.

 

Yunho had decided to take him out to explore the city -- Changmin only knew the corners of Yunho’s home and that of the orphanage he had been raised in (in occassions that of the bakery). He knew nothing more and it saddened the older latter.

 

Yunho had experienced so much life, so many different places throughout his history that earth just seemed … boring. Ever since he found Changmin, he felt a purpose in his life, everything seemed to fit like a jigsaw puzzle. The way Changmin smiled when he woke up in the morning, the way the orange and purple hints of the sun would glow past Changmin, it was all too mesmerizing -- and then it would hit Yunho. He’s my brother. He’s my brother, he thought. I can’t love him the way I do, it’s wrong.

 

The trance was enough to make Yunho’s heart stop beating momentarily for his supposed half brother. The guilt was enough to make Yunho feel a distance surge between them even if seemed inexistant to Changmin. But to Yunho, the days seemed gray, and a pitch of endless black. Yunho felt he was harboring something he couldn’t bear by himself. Changmin had to know sometime, he was bound to find out eventually -- and when that day came, Yunho hoped to not be there. He would rather die than to have the young lad hate him.

 

“Why are we here?” Changmin nibbled on a piece of garlic bread; his taste buds were bursting with so many different ingredients, he took his time to savor each and everyone of them.

 

Changmin’s question brought Yunho back to his senses, the older man was thinking of possible ways to confess the true relationship between them, but he was afraid of rejection. He was afraid of losing something he had waited centuries to arrive. Yunho was afraid of never being able to find a soul like Changmin’s in the distant future.

 

Yunho smiled at the young lad, “So I can see you smile more often. You have a beautiful smile Min-ah.”

 

Changmin hid the curve of his smile and chewed on his food. He had to admit he loved Yunho’s answer. It was enough to feel a rush of adrenaline spark the rhythm of his pumping heart. It was enough to feel his mind do flips and cartwheels, meshing all the emotions in one. It was enough to feel his body heat up in a way he hadn’t felt before.

 

This is odd, the young lad thought. He knew love was nerve-wrecking, was he falling even more for the older latter?

 

----

 

When they arrived home, they were drenched in water. Their “romantic” walk along the bridge of Han River had been ruined by a thunderous storm. They had been chit-chatting about the new plans ahead of them. Changmin spoke about his desire to go to school and earn a degree in something useful.

 

Yunho on the other hand just listened, he could be anything he wanted -- from a doctor to a lawyer, he had the ability to do so; but he just wished for one thing, that he and Changmin weren’t related. He wished he could go back in time and change their reality. He wanted to believe that Eros, his father, wasn’t Changmin’s as well.

 

He wouldn’t feel a tinge of guilt for gazing at Changmin like a man hopelessly in love every time. Like a man in heat -- a man in need and want.

 

“Yunho …” Changmin’s sweet voice woke up Yunho from his trance. He looked up to find the young lad slightly blushing and heading his way. Changmin rested his head on Yunho’s shoulder. He wanted to feel secure, to feel protected, that regardless of any future events they would remain together; that … and the urge to feel wanted by the older man.

 

Yunho didn’t even bother trying to speak, for when he tried to part his lips to reply to Changmin’s voice, he was taken aback by the pair of lips that had sought out his. Yunho’s eyes widened at Changmin’s initiation -- it was so sudden, so spontaneous, but it felt tremendously good. You are forbidden to me Min-ah, Yunho thought, so so so forbidden.

 

He mentally groaned for enjoying the kiss too much, for caving in to his desires, for not stopping the young lad. Yunho tilted his head and gave Changmin more access, he was actually letting the young lad lead, even if it meant a couple of seconds. For Changmin the kiss was everything he had ever hoped for. It was slow, warm, passionate, yet he felt a tinge of lust and forbidden carnage; something he couldn’t quite decipher at the moment.

 

Changmin began to run his hands through Yunho’s smooth tousled black hair. Everything felt perfect at the moment, and the young lad didn’t want it to stop. His hands roamed Yunho's body, he took his time to feel the rippling muscles underneath Yunho's button shirt. Changmin could feel every curve and line within Yunho's musculous frame -- it was almost like unwrapping a luscious lollipop.

 

It took a simple kiss and a gentle caress to send Yunho overboard. His godly hormones had never experienced the rush, the adrenaline he was undergoing. It was almost a religious experience to feel Changmin's pulse overtake his, and Yunho wasn’t a pious person.

 

They reached Yunho’s bedroom and when Changmin removed Yunho’s shirt, he took his time to glorify and take in the perfection of the older male. His caramel skin shone under the glass concave ceiling, the moonlight ghosted Yunho’s body like a shadow. Changmin reached for the older male’s flesh and traced him like a painting. His fingers found what seemed to be the appearance of an exquisitely designed arrow tattoo on Yunho’s ribcage.

 

Yunho tensed at Changmin’s soft touch, his cardiac rhythm was rapid and dangerous. In a blink of an eye Yunho broke his promise -- he basked in the sweet juice that only Changmin could deliver. He marked Changmin as his.

 

After that sinful yet blessed night, Yunho felt his dishonor follow him everywhere, like a ghost, like a shadow. It made him crazy how he felt more love for the young lad, it was beyond his knowledge. He was supposed to despise himself, or at least not feel a thing for the younger man, but Yunho’s heart throbbed for Changmin -- it ached in pain; it was killing the older man.

 

Yunho convinced himself that distancing himself from Changmin would help his emotions settle, but he was wrong. It only helped to ensure confusion within the young lad. Had he done something wrong that night? Had he not been good enough?

 

“Why don’t you kiss me anymore?” asked a flushed Changmin, it had been days since Yunho and Changmin spent some time together, it was beginning to frighten the young lad. “Its like you avoid me.” Changmin sat on the edge of Yunho’s bed.

 

Yunho had ordered the help that they sent all of Changmin’s things back to his room. He figured Changmin wouldn't be much of a temptation if he slept far from him. Regardless of Yunho’s choice, he knew the young lad was temptation enough even if they slept in the same room or not. They lived under the same room -- that was impulse enough.

 

Changmin didn’t understand, he just couldn’t comprehend Yunho’s sudden indifference. The house they lived in -- it was just them, who could see them, other than the maids and servants that squabbled around? They weren’t going to tell anyone about what happened behind closed doors.

 

Changmin wanted to express his love for Yunho within the safe boundaries of their supposed home. He knew doing so in public would only bring shame (though there were moments he didn't care about the publics opinion).

 

“I don’t have to kiss you Changmin,” replied a busy Yunho. He was trying to finish reading a Chinese novella about a professor with a fervent desire for a nearby policeman. Yunho was surprised at the policeman’s disinterest in the beginning -- only to be later revealed that he too had something hellish inside for the professor.

 

“You don’t love me anymore,” mumbled Changmin. It pained the poor lad to realize that Yunho’s lovesickness was only a phase, something he got over quickly, when he on the other hand was doing his best to refrain his need for some sort of physical touch after the first time. Had he been wrong in giving in?

 

Was it wrong to crave something? Something described as sweet wine intertwined with a burning fire?

 

“Min-ah,” whispered Yunho. How do I tell him? How in hell do I tell him he’s my brother? A knot intensified within the walls of Yunho’s throat. Was it better to lie and keep Changmin’s love, or tell him the truth and suffer his possible rejection and imminent hatred?

 

“Please don’t cry,” he said while wiping the tears that had fallen from Changmin’s face. “I love you, I love you very much -- don’t you ever dare think I don’t.” Yunho pressed small butterfly kisses along Changmin’s forehead and cheeks. I love you Changmin -- dammit, I love you so much it’s wrong, it’s unhealthy. Look what I've done, he thought, I've stained you the worse way possible.

 

“But I don’t understand,” Changmin latched his hands on the smooth cottony surface of Yunho’s v neck. He threaded his thumb across the invisible wrinkles that didn’t exist on Yunho’s shirt. “I thought that couples kiss  and make love to another because they’re devoted to their lover?

 

Yunho sighed. They do.

 

“Why don’t you sleep with me tonight?” Yunho asked in the purest connotation of the word, he was trying his best to steer away from the incoming conversation.

 

If he only gazed into Changmin’s eyes he knew he’d give in to something he wasn’t supposed to. He’d give in to his most basic animalistic self. He didn’t want that.  “We can watch your favorite show and cuddle ourselves to sleep afterwards.”

 

Changmin looked up at Yunho and kissed the bottom of his chin, “Promise you’ll love me forever.”

 

“Min-ah,” Yunho replied with a soft hum, “We are meant to be, I promise.”

 

Yunho was a man of his word -- but he was afraid of not being able to keep this one.

 

----

 

Three days hadn’t passed after that when Aphrodite came barging through the door of Yunho’s study. He was busy trying to count time he had stolen within the past years. Yunho greeted his mother with a warm smile, but in return he received nothing but his mother’s outrage.

 

“How could you?” Aphrodite sent a hard slap across her son’s face. Her face was pale but beautifully decorated with hints of crimson. “I thought I made it damn clear I didn’t want you with that boy. Yet you’ve kept him in your house, and you’ve even slept with him! I know it!”

 

Yunho stared at the smooth surface of his mahogany desk as he took the slap; he had defied his mother’s orders. He had deliberately disobeyed, but in that moment, when he was pressed against Changmin, nothing mattered. Only their love mattered, it was the only thing that kept Yunho alive; the only thing that kept him at the edge of sanity and depression.

 

“You slept with the boy Yunho,” Aphrodite shook her head, as if trying to understand her son’s actions. In fact -- she could understand, she simply chose not to. Aphrodite was in the verge of tears, her sobs slipped from like silent echoes of what once was a beautiful melody. “W-what have you done!” she barked in sadness and aggravation. “The gods … they will not pity us.”

 

She knew what it felt like to fall in love with someone who was forbidden to them as gods; but when her eyes had laid upon Adonis, she devoted her allegiance to the mortal. To the goddess of love, a woman of extreme elegance and unquenched desires, Adonis was love at first sight. There was one problem -- the man was human, bound to die within years of living under the scorching sun.

 

Did she care? No. She defied Zeus’s rules about sleeping with mortals, and her desires led to an outbreak of chaos in Mount Olympus. The man she had come to love, the man she had promised everything to behind her husband’s back was brutally killed by Zeus, and there was nothing she could do to revive the mortal again. The man was gone forever.

 

“I love him mother,” Yunho uttered in a calm-soothing voice. He got up from his chair and walked towards his mother. He didn’t want to displease Aphrodite any further, but he couldn’t contain the fire that had possessed his heart.

 

“And where will that send us? To the catacombs of hell?” she yelled. “Does he know he’s your half-brother? Does he know you’re a god and he’s a demi-god?” Yunho shook his head. He had thought the dilemma over and over, he had suffered sleepless nights, and the only conclusion he arrived to was to simply not tell him.

 

Changmin would suffer if he found out.

 

“It’s best you tell him Yunho, or I will.”

 

“Tell me what?” Yunho’s body tensed at the resonant voice he knew could only belong to one being only. Aphrodite’s eyes widened, she fixed her burgundy hair, slipping a strand of her silky hair around her ear.

 

Yunho approached the young lad and flashed him a smile, "Nothing, Min-ah," he said trying to sound convincing. "Mother and I were just discussing the possibility of enrolling you in the nearest college."

 

"Cut the crap Yunho," Aphrodite rose the tone of her voice, frightening the young lad like she had done on their first encounter. "Tell him now. He has the right to know."

 

Changmin knitted his eyebrows together, an expression of confusion overtook his features as he stared at Yunho. "What is going on? Tell me what?"

 

Yunho sighed and threaded his hair like a madman. There was no way out of this dilemma. His fear would come true -- and there was nothing he could do to stop it. "Min-ah, before I say anything, I just want you to promise me something." Changmin nodded. "That you will remember me for the person I am and for the love I have for you."

 

Yunho relaxed his shoulders, agony began to sink inside his stomach and his hands began to secrete the disparity he felt from within. "Min-ah ... you and I ... we're ... we're ..."

 

"We're what!"

 

Yunho looked away as he murmured the words, half-brothers. "What?" Changmin asked. "Is this a joke? You're rejecting me aren't you? Why can’t you just reject me instead of coming up with such a petty lie!"

 

Yunho shook his head and tried to assure the young lad of his love towards him. "No no, don't think that Changmin. I could and would never reject you -- I love you."

 

"What my son just said is true,” Aphrodite cut in, backing up Yunho’s statement. “You and him are half-brother's. Son's of Eros. My son is complete god, while you ... a demi-god."

 

Changmin felt a gust of wind whirl around him. He felt lightheaded and a sudden desire to fall. Changmin didn't know if he was upset or simply numb -- he couldn't feel anything.

 

----

 

“This is unfair, this isn’t our fault Yunho,” Changmin cried. He had tears in his eyes, it was too overwhelming -- the confession. Is that why Yunho had been so rough on him previously? Is that why he felt a distance tear them apart … because they were half-brothers?

 

“I cannot love you like you want me to Min-ah.”

 

“Don’t say that,” Changmin replied through gritted teeth. “Don’t regret what we’ve had, it’s not fair.” The young lad had never felt something so strong and potent for anyone else, and it hurt to have Yunho suddenly turn him down, despite everything they had been through.

 

He thought their love was meant to be, something that was supposed to last forever. Changmin balled his hand into a fist, he needed to hit something.

 

“We cannot be Min-ah.”

 

“This isn’t our fault!” Changmin yelled again. He was getting angry at Yunho’s sudden indifference. “You love me, I love you, what’s stopping us? We can run away from here! This isn’t our fault … it’s our parent’s. They kept the truth from us for so long.” Tears rolled down Changmin’s face, he was trying his best to keep his composure, but it was proving to be a challenge at Yunho’s sudden detachment.

 

Yunho shook his head and buried his desperation within his hands. “We can’t run away from the gods!” Yunho yelled with wide eyes. Changmin could tell the older man was hurting too, Yunho had never yelled at him before. “We cannot run away from the gods,” he muttered again, “and we surely cannot run away from society! The moment they find out we’re half brothers and lovers they will make a martyr out of us! Is that what you really want Changmin? To suffer because of me?”

 

“Y-Yunho …” Changmin’s voice cracked. He felt an overwhelming sensation stir inside him. The love he felt for the older man could rival anything and anyone. Yunho had to know this. “But I love you -- I c-can’t … “ Changmin shook his head while droplets of rain torrented down his beautiful face. “Is it so wrong to love you?” Changmin locked his gaze with that of the older male. Had he not moved something inside Yunho? “I would go to the depths of hell just to be with you, because you’re my paradise. You’re my happiness, I don’t care where we are.”

 

Yunho approached Changmin and cupped his face; those words Changmin had just announced, they were so perfect, so moving and touching, but Yunho couldn’t bring himself to do it. He loved the young lad, but he couldn’t bring himself to put Changmin through so much pain. He had tainted the one thing he was supposed to protect.

 

“If our relationship were different Min-ah,” Yunho pressed his forehead against Changmin’s while whispering against the young lad’s pulse, “I wouldn’t hesitate loving you anywhere we went. If we weren’t half brothers, trust me, everything would be different.”

 

“Then go to hell with me … “ Changmin mumbled as he took a hold of Yunho’s hand. He needed to be with Yunho to feel sane. Changmin began to pepper kisses along Yunho’s smooth expanse of skin. “Let’s be each other’s paradise, wherever we go. Just you and I ... please Yunho. I beg of you."

 

“Go Changmin,” Yunho said in a low baritone voice,  “Leave … leave before it’s too late.”

 

----

 

Athena had been wandering around Mount Olympus while keeping a close eye on the two males who had captivated her with their affection. She sipped ambrosia from a golden cup, her milky skin shining like gold dust with the powerful streaks of the Sun's power. Athena pitied their souls, souls that were fighting so hard to keep their relationship afloat despite the injustices that were being thrown at them.

 

She despised when mortals, or even gods suffered because of the whims and lies of others -- and all to keep the peace in Mount Olympus. The place isn’t even that great, she thought. She had to set things straight, or no one would.

 

Yunho and Changmin would probably die of sadness, of emptiness.

 

“Stop grieving will you? That will not help your son.” She sat next to the god who had lost all sense of hope after the death of the only mortal woman he had ever fallen in love with -- Dolos.

 

“I don’t know what will,” the handsome god replied. His head was abundant with hair the shade of silver and rain. His eyes the color of copper.

 

“You brought me here against my will because of my father’s orders,” Athena explained. “It’s true that I didn’t appreciate the way you did it, but,” she said while placing a hand on the saddened god’s shoulder. “That boy is your son, he has to know the truth, or he will suffer the rest of his life because of a lie.”

 

“How do I even show my face?” Dolos asked while looking at the human realm. He saw Changmin running under a massive rain storm. His poor son, he could feel the agony that rippled through the young lad’s body. He could feel it all, and it stabbed his heart. Changmin found protection under a restaurant’s tent. Dolos couldn’t decipher what was torrenting down Changmin’s face … tears or actual droplets of rain.

 

“It seems Aphrodite believes that Changmin is Eros's son. Eros hasn't done anything to clarify the situation, which makes him a liar for keeping the truth. He's only been a good parent to Yunho, and even then ..." Athena sighed. The things people do in the name of love and lust, or mere obsession. "Don’t you worry about a thing Dolos,” she replied with a small hint of a smile spread across her thin pursed lips. “I will help you. Be prepared to face Eros.”

 

----

 

Changmin woke up one day and simply forgot to count what day it was. Had it been 15 or 20 days? He didn’t remember. He forgot how long it had been without Yunho -- it seemed like too long for the young lad. Despite the bright sun hanging above Seoul, Changmin saw nothing but cloudy days and gigantic gray puffs threatening to bring a storm. He found no consolation in food either. Everything was either black or gray. 

 

He tried to keep busy in the public library, he’d hide in a corner, knees up against his chest while he cried to his heart’s content. That, or he tried reading -- but it didn’t make him feel better. It seemed that each book he picked had to have more melancholy than his own life, it was depressing, excruciating.

 

His heart was breaking, more like, it was shattered and no one had taken pity on his soul. He wondered if Yunho had been suffering just as much as he had been. He wondered if Yunho even missed him at all. Changmin questioned many things.

 

There was a slight knock on his door -- Changmin had been sleeping in a stay-inn hotel. He would work for a place to sleep, all the while hoping and dreaming that Yunho would come to his rescue. He groaned when the tapping sound increased in volume throughout his small yet comfortable room. He slid the chain to the east side of the wall and slightly cracked open the door. “Who?” he asked, while peering at the beautiful frame in front of him.

 

“May I come in?” the soft-like-silk voice asked. Her skin was like honey and almonds, her eyebrows seemed inexistant, but they were there -- almost a golden dusty flare to them. The woman’s dark chocolate hair cascaded down her waist in a graceful braid, while her eyes bore into his skin.

 

“I don’t know you, please, leave me alone.”

 

“I’m here for you, to help you and Yunho. Isn’t that what you want?”

 

At the mention of Yunho’s name, Changmin rapidly paid attention. He had hoped for a sign, anything that would lead him to the older latter. He had to know. Something within Changmin didn't care if they were half-brothers or not, he could try and live without the kisses or the loving gazes, he simply needed to be with the latter. He felt a sense of comfort whenever Yunho was around. Changmin had always felt a scorching fire inside him -- may it be because of his childhood, or the events he was living, but Yunho, Yunho was the calming water that quenched the flames. “Where is he? Is he here, with you?”

 

The woman shook her head, “Sadly no, it would've made this a whole lot easier. I know where he is though, he’s suffering just as much as you are.”

 

“What’s your name?” asked Changmin, “You don’t look from around here.” He said, hinting at the obvious. Athena laughed and smoothed her black leather jeans. She hated wrinkles. 

 

“You’re right,” she replied with a gracious smile, her lips the color of cherry red blossoms. “I’m not. My name is Athena, Goddess of Wisdom and War. I’m here to help you and your lover.”

 

Another god, thought Changmin. “You would help us, despite us being brothers?”

 

Athena pushed the door open and took a hold of Changmin’s hand. “I’m helping you because I know everything. Just be patient little one. You’ll be with Yunho soon enough. And even if that were the case, can't brothers be happy too?”

 

----

 

Changmin and Athena rode in silence inside a black mercedes. A high class chauffeur was driving them around the city. Changmin was in awe at the beauty of Seoul. Even now, when he was out of the orphanage, he only knew so much. It seemed he only knew Yunho's home, and the ugly side of Seoul, not the majestic side of it. Athena hadn’t explained much when Changmin was getting ready, but if it had to do with Yunho, Changmin didn’t mind where they were headed or what the plan was.

 

When the car stopped and Changmin stepped out of the vehicle his eyes landed on an immense tower-like-building with the initials E&S. Eros & Son’s Company. There was a man waiting for them at the entrance of the building -- he looked just as odd as Athena. His hair was silver but at least he was wearing a green sweater and brown slacks, unlike Athena, who was actually dangling around a bow and a leather quiver filled with arrows. Were they going into a war Changmin didn't know about? 

 

“Dolos," Athena stated, "Changmin. Changmin, Dolos.”

 

Changmin bowed his head in reverence at the man he assumed was a god as well. There was no need to explain if he was or not; Changmin grew accustomed to being surrounded by ethereal beings in the form of humans. They were mystical in many ways, but shared the same weaknesses as humans did. 

 

Dolos on the other hand admired Changmin from head to toe. The young lad was his son, and it almost brought him to tears just by thinking about it. Changmin’s big brown eyes … they were just like the woman’s eyes he had loved such time ago. Changmin’s cheekbones and fair nose, they were just like hers. The young lad was tall, and thin lips just like the God -- Dolos. Dolos felt an urge to release his emotions, he had his son right in front of him. After years of being alone, he discovered he had a son. The fruit of the only love he had experienced with a mortal woman. He had to protect this boy. 

 

Changmin gazed at the mature man, he felt odd just standing there, he felt like an animal under observation. “It’s nice meeting you Dolos,” Changmin stated, almost with a stutter as he bowed once more. Dolos remained quiet and flashed a small grin. Athena led Changmin and Dolos inside the company. There were guards everywhere. No one asked them anything, it was as if they had liberty to just enter and do as they wanted. Changmin noted that some of the people working there had the same birthmark he had -- a bow an arrow. "What does it mean?" Changmin asked Athena.

 

"They're Eros's children. Hence the company name." 

 

They stepped inside an elevator and Athena pressed the 100th button. Within seconds, Changmin felt the elevator fly at top speed as they reached the last floor of the company. When the steel doors opened, he stepped inside a place that didn’t resemble a company floor; it resembled another dimension, a place where humans weren't meant to be in. There were cottony balls floating around the air like hot steam. There was a silver chair in the center of the room, a man seated upon it, and another young man standing beside him. 

 

“Yunho …” mumbled Changmin as he caught hold of the man he had been longing to see. Athena took a hold of her bow and aimed her arrow at Eros. Changmin felt he too needed some sort of weapon, but when he saw that Dolos didn't carry anything either, he gave up in the idea.

 

The man on the chair stood up and welcomed the gods and the mortal along with them. “This visit, it’s rather unexpected Athena. You don’t usually have any business here in the human world.”

 

“I don’t,” Athena replied with a serious expression, her arrow aimed directly at the moving man, “But this time it’s different. I’m glad you’re here,” she said in a soothing voice, “I’m glad we are all here,” she said as she took in Yunho’s presence as well. “There is something we need to talk about.” Athena pointed at Changmin and looked back at Eros. She fired her arrow, and if Eros had moved just a little to the left, he would've been hit. Eros remained calm, he wasn't afraid. He had learned to depose of such feeling centuries ago. 

 

Changmin could visibly see where Yunho had inherited his good looks from. Eros was just as beautiful as Yunho. His hair, unlike Aphrodite's, was white as snow, his build, tall and bulky. A black suit to cover up his perfection. “Do you know who he is Eros?” Athena asked as she settled down on her bow.

 

Eros stared at the young lad, he revised him over and over again, but the young lad didn’t seem to ring a bell in his memory. Eros had met so many people in his life, he simply casted everyone who didn't garner his attention. “Am I supposed to know him?” Eros asked. Yunho remained quiet, head down. He couldn’t look Changmin in the eyes, not when both were present and in front of Eros. Their father. 

 

“Look at his wrist,” Athena ordered. Eros took a step down from the elevated platform and took a hold of Changmin’s wrist. His eyes widened and his breath hitched when he saw the birthmark -- a bow and arrow. Eros had many children, all wandering around in places he didn't know. But this boy, I remember now, he thought.  

 

“My son …” mumbled Eros to himself. Suddenly memories began to flood his mind. He knew who the kid was, he remembered, everything was clear as day.

 

“Why do you keep lying to my son and yours Eros?” asked Dolos with a pained expression. His voice was but a mere whisper. Changmin looked at Yunho and Yunho looked at the young lad. Confusion wasn't the word they were looking for, they were apalled and intrigued by Dolos's sudden confession. What was he talking about? Eros lined his eyebrows together. His expression went cold, and hard. With a simply glare he threatened Dolos to remain quiet, to keep everything he was about to share bottled up inside him.

 

“Lying? What are you talking about Dolos? You are the god of trickery, I should be wondering if what you're saying is true.” Eros chuckled. It was his final attempt at sounding sane, and sure of himself. “I am not lying to … to the boy, he is my son, he is my blood. He has the bow and arrow birthmark doesn't he?.”

 

Dolos shook his head, the handsome man’s head went from left to right, and right to left again. He wept his pain in silence. “You know that’s not true,” he said as he pointed at Eros. “You knew that Yun-Mi was pregnant with my child, I was the one in love with her. The only human I’ve ever loved, but you …” Everything went silent in the audience chamber. “You took advantage of my absence to woo her, to have her believe that I never loved her, and when she died you just disappeared. You're just as much as a liar as I could ever be. You, the god of love, you're supposed to help people, not break them apart.”

 

Eros’s dark blue eyes bloomed in shock and anger at the secret he had kept for such a long time from everyone. It was true that he had casted the bow and arrow birthmark upon Changmin’s wrist, but he left him to die. He figured no one would take him in. He figured that the young lad wouldn’t even reach his childhood. He did it as a favor to Dolos.

 

Yunho and Changmin stared in disbelief at the unfolding truth. Aphrodite had to hear this, she had to realize that Yunho and Changmin were meant to be despite the cruel odds that were thrown at them from the beginning.

 

“You were jealous that a mortal had fallen in love with me despite who I was -- a god of trickery. She loved me. Me! And when Zeus sent me away in order to deceive Athena back to Mount Olympus, you had already done your job. I was too late. I was forbidden from showing myself to any of them, while you disappeared from his life and left him an orphan, an orphan!”

 

Yunho felt a wave of emotions crash within him. He was disappointed in his father, disappointed in himself for not figuring out Changmin's past. He felt guilty for leaving the young lad rather than taking him in despite what others might've said. He should've fought for him. How dumb of him. We’re not brothers, he thought, we’re not brothers! Yunho left the side of his father, picked up his pace and wrapped Changmin inside his arms, he had to feel the young lad’s warmth. He had to make up for his absence. He wanted to make up for everything, all the lies, and all the deceit between the gods.

 

Yunho pulled Changmin underneath his chin and held him close, he was scared that the news were another mere illusion, something unreal. Yunho didn’t know who to thank. The gods had brought upon this mess, and the gods had fixed it -- the older male was just glad that loving Changmin would no longer feel like a sin, something unspoken and tainted.

 

While Changmin rested underneath Yunho’s chin, he caught his father, his true father, Dolos smiling back at him, a tear rolling down his smooth complexion -- and just like that, like a snap of a finger, the three gods, Dolos, Athena and Eros disappeared to Mount Olympus to fix their differences. Athena would make justice, she always did.

 

----


 

In the absence of the three gods, Changmin flung his arms around Yunho, he had missed the older man, his scent, his beautiful almond shaped eyes and elegant frame. He had learned to memorize everything about Yunho in the time they spent together. During their separation, Changmin felt happy off of the memories he had created with the god. They were like dreams he relived over and over again, especially at night when he felt more vulnerable due to the Yunho's absence.

 

Changmin kissed Yunho everywhere he could. Any visible spot, and Changmin would press his lips against Yunho’s honey-like skin. “Don’t ever push me away again,” he ordered in a low whisper.

 

Yunho chuckled a bit and shook his head, “Don’t worry Min-ah, I will never leave you again.”

 

“I don’t care if we’re half-brothers, real brothers, lovers or friends. Do not push me away Yunho, it hurt not being with you.”

 

Yunho threaded his thumb across Changmin’s lips; they were soft and smooth as rose petals. Yunho thought about their future together. He would have to teach Changmin how to steal time, but, not like he had done by sleeping around with different mortal creatures. He'd have to invent another way, the sole thought of having someone else bask in Changmin's innocence was enough to make his blood boil. Yunho slowly leaned in and sought out the younger man’s thin but plush lips.

 

“I promise Min-ah. It will be just me and you, for centuries to come.”

 



Quick A/N // More like a rant. I don't know about you guys, but there's times I cannot with Yunho and Changmin. They kill me literally, they give me so many feels its unhealthy. UNHEALTHY I tell you. Please please please! Do bask in the glory of HoMin flirting publicly while "supposedly" doing a gag in one of their Japanese concerts. I couldn't find all the gifs. 


             

I can feel Yunho blushing in the first one, such a diva at times hehe. They are SO not slick. XD // Hope you guys enjoyed the ending of Son's of Eros. It took me some time to come up with everything haha. I actually wanted some war to go on lol, but that would've meant another chapter, and maybe even another, it would turn into a novel rather than a drabble xD // I am accepting prompts by the way :D // Send me a pm of what you'd like <3