CHAPTER 9- BREATHE EASY

SUMMER FEVER (A Red Velvet-BTS- Winner Story)

CHAPTER 9- BREATHE EASY

 

Hello, everyone. Here is another update. I’m trying to update as much as I can while I still have a lot of time in my hands. I hope you like it.

 

I attached a video with it. It’s a song by Blue entitled Breathe Easy. I hope you take some time to listen to it. It was my inspiration for this chapter.

 

Enjoy and please leave your comments!

 

Love lot’s

 

satisakro_chi

 

VIDEO LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jo7jG--IwU

 

******

 

IRENE POV'S

"Kim Seokjin," I said as I saw his figure in front of me. I was also surprised when the other girls said Hoseok's name and they ran to him but my attention was glued on Jin. He smiled at me. It sent relief all over me. Here he was, the person I'd really want to thank. I can't help but smile when suddenly it hit me.

'One day, we'll meet again. I'll wait for it to come.'

I looked at him. "You knew."

"So, you know the boys and my son?" the President said.

"Yes, Sir. We met them in Boracay but we didn't know they'll be working with us," Joy said.

"So, the other boys are also here?" Seulgi asked Hoseok. He nodded.

"They'll be here soon. Still have some personal business to attend to," he filled in.

"So much for being mysterious," Wendy walked to Yoongi's side while tapping her foot on the wooden dance floor. He just smiled.

"Anyway, Jin will be watching over you on your preparations until you debut," said the President. Everyone went crazy happy over the news of him and Hoseok watching over us for our debut.

"And also, Yoongi will be one of your producers, so I hope... Well, I guess you will be great together," said the President, as he clapped his hands together. "Okay, I'll take y leave now. My son will take care of you."

We all together said their goodbyes to the President and bowed as he left the practice room. Jin faced me as the others walked away and started chatting. I just stood there with my head low.

"Are you not happy to see me?" Jin asked.

"Huh? Aniyo, I am happy. It's just..." I am out of words, maybe surprised about the fact that this guy whom I met in another country and treated badly at first was the same person who will become the President of our company.

"Sorry about leaving that way," Jin said.

"So, you knew?" I asked. The words in the letter played in my head again.

He nodded. "At first, I didn't know that you were the group that will be debuting. The first time we met, I really didn't know but my Dad sent a picture of the five of you the night before we left.That's why I knew we will meet again. I'm sorry if I didn't let you know immediately."

I don't know what got into me but I just suddenly launched forward at him and hugged him tightly. "I am not angry. I am actually relieved to see you. You left without me even saying thank you to you. I was not sure if we'll meet again so I feel bad not being able to say those words to you. Thank you for being with me during that time. I am glad to meet someone like you. A friend like you." I felt his hand patting my back and I realized how tightly I was hugging him, I suddenly took my hands away and stepped back, feeling my cheeks flush red. The other girls and his friends were watching us. I heard Wendy and Joy giggle which made me more conscious.

"Are you all done with your reunion?" teased Hoseok, which earned him an elbow in the stomach from Seulgi. The two started bickering again like they always did.

We walked to the group and Jin started briefing us about our debut. We found out that the After the meeting, Jin walked up to me in my locker.

"How are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm fine. Trying to get over everything. It's not easy but being busy for the debut is helping," I answered.

"That's great to hear. Anyway, I have to leave for now. I'll be meeting my cousin at 5. It would be nice if you could meet," he said.

"Oh, I have somewhere i need to go to today. Besides, it might be a reunion between you two, I don't want to interfere."

"Why would you think you'd interfere? Anyway, there is still a next time. I hope you could come join us."

I smiled an nodded at him. Before I turned around to leave, I waved at him and said, "I'm glad to see you again, Jin."

I walked out of the dance practice room and out of the building. I took a bus and put on my earphones. I was headed to school to finish my project. It was a 20 minute ride to school and it suddenly started raining. Good way to get me in the mood, eh?

Usually, on days like this, Jinwoo would pick me up and instead of using his car, we would  walk around or take a bus. Those memories suddenly flooded i my head. I placed my head on the window and watched cars passing by. I can't go back to those days anymore. There is nothing for me to go back to. It is difficult but I guess I need to learn to breathe on my own.

NO ONE'S POV

Jin was enjoying a cup of coffee in one of Seoul's famous restaurant as he waited for his cousin to arrive. It was 4:50 and Caleb already sent a message that he was on his way.

While waiting, he typed something on his phone. He was actually fond of writing lyrics to just like his friends during his free time so he would usually write it down on his phone.

"Hey!" a man's voice suddenly surprised him as he was fully engrossed in writing something.

"Bro," Jin said as he clapped hands with his cousin, Caleb, or also known as Kim Jinwoo, KJW Group of Company's new President.

"Wow, how long has it been Alex? About three years, am I correct?" said Jinwoo, as he took a seat opposite his cousin. "Well, I must say, you grew really handsome in America. Did you get yourself a girlfriend there?"

"Really, Caleb. I did not go back to America to get myself a girl. With the boys there, being busy with their music, we always keep ourselves busy. Me studying business and them creating music, so there wasn't much time to think about that," Jin laughed.

"Anyway, I guess you're right. So, what's keeping you busy now in Korea? Now having a hands-on training as the company president? I heard uncle's planning on stepping down," Jinwoo said.

"Well, as of now, not yet. He is making me handle the new girl group we will be debuting." Jin took a sip of his coffee as the tea Jinwoo ordered arrive.

"Oh, really." Jinwoo suddenly fell silent. Irene was also a trainee in Starlight Ent. He suddenly wondered how she was right now. She never heard from her after the break –up and the text message she sent the night when he got drunk. "She's also a trainee at you agency."

"Huh?" Jin got confused. He was surprised about his cousin's confession. He knew about him having a girlfriend but he never mentioned that the girl was from their company. He stared at his and noted that his voiced cracked at the mention of the girl. "Oh, so how are things between you?"

"Bad. I never heard from her after the break-up. Even when I want to, how was I supposed to explain to her about the marriage?" Jin felt bad for his cousin. If he was in the same position as him, he might not know what to do. Being caught in between his duty as the president and the woman he loves was frusrtrating enough.

"Would you want to talk to her? Let's head to the office," Jin offered.

"Aniyo. What will I tell her? I can't even find the right words to say to explain why I did what I did to her. I know what I did was like killing her inside. It's killing me too, Alex. If only I can tell her how much I regret saying those things to her, how much I still love her," Jinwoo was trying his best to keep his tears from falling, showing in how many times his voice cracked.

Jin was processing everything in his head. He didn't know what to say to his cousin. "I guess in the right time, you can explain things to her but how about Heeyeon?"

"Heeyeon," Jinwoo started.

"You call her Hani before. Like a loving nickname to her," Jin said in which Jinwoo disregarded.

"I know I am treating her badly. I don't want to but I can't help it. As much as possible, I just try to avoid her but then, we live under one roof which makes it difficult to do. I also feel sorry for her but I can't help blaming her and blaming myself."

"I guess you should make more effort to be nice to her. If you put it into perspective, she also is caught up in the same situation as you," Jin reasoned.

They continued for another hour and caught up with the three years they were away. "So, Suho-hyung's at it again? Aigoo, he never really changed didn't he?"

"He's always like that. It's annoying but I just learned to play along but now, I think he's after Heeyeon," Jinwoo stated. "By the way, how are the other boys?"

"They are all working for Starlight. The others are still away but might be back within the week but Nathan and Cody are at Starlight. Would you like to meet them?"

"Ah, really that would be great." The two called out for the waiter and paid for their orders. They took their cars and drove back to Starlight Ent.

JINWOO'S POV

While driving to Starlight Ent., I suddenly realized what if I suddenly bumped into Irene? What will I do? Should I talk to her? A sharp pain suddenly cut through my chest. A part of me wants to see her but another wants to stay away from her.

Here we are. Starlight Entertainment Bldg. We got to the basement for parking and took the elevator. We got to the producer's workroom where we found Cody and Nathan, who was as usual trying to piss Cody off.

"Yah, I swear if you keep doing that, you're gonna regret it for the rest of your life," Cody was on the verge of screaming at the younger guy but Nathan shrugged it off and laughed so hard at his reaction. "Aish, you are a hopeless case."

Alex got the attention of the two guys. "Hey, guys, look who I got here." They looked to my direction and jumped out of their seats when they saw me.

"Caleb-hyung!" they said. They ran to our direction and we did high fives. They automatically started talking.

"Whoa, guys you never changed," I said.

"Yes, Nathan's still a chatterbox," Cody said.

"Well, look who's talking?" Nathan begged to disagree. The three of us talked and suddenly I had an idea.

"You said you are to debut a new girl group right? Maybe you'd like to make them the new image model of KJW Shopping Malls?" I said to them.

"Oh really, Caleb? Wow you've got so much trust in us, you haven't even met them yet," said Alex. "Are they back in the dance practice room?"

"Yes, I saw them pass by a while ago. I was actually planning to meet them too to let them hear the song I produced for them," Cody said.

We decided to leave the work room and head to the new girl group's practice room. While walking around, I can't help but scan the surroundings hoping for a glimpse Irene. Even for just a while, I'd like to see her beautiful face, just to calm my heart. No sign of her, I silently sighed.

"Here we are," said Nathan. I looked up the name posted on their door. Red Velvet.

Red Velvet. Red Velvet. "Our group's name is Red Velvet," the happy voice of Irene rang in my head, as she announced to me the name of their group to me one year ago.

No way. It felt like I was up in a vacuum. I can't feel the air around me. My legs felt numb. Those sleepless nights I had to go through thinking about her flashed in front of me.

I felt like I stopped breathing as the door opened in slow motion. Flashes of blonde hair was seen. Everyone had their backs turned away from the door as they were all listening intently to their manager.

"Oh, they're here," said the woman in white. They all turned to our direction and there she was. My life and the woman I caused so much pain, Irene Bae.