CHAPTER 8- PRESIDENT

SUMMER FEVER (A Red Velvet-BTS- Winner Story)

CHAPTER 8- PRESIDENT

 

NO ONE'S POV

 

                Wendy was walking along the aisle, typing on the screen of her phone.

 

                'Nam Taehyun, pick me up at Starlight Bldg. at 6PM sharp. I want to talk to you.'

 

                Wendy then continued walking towards the vending machine to buy some energy drink for her and her friends. While she walked she got a glimpse of someone very familiar. She was surprised and suddenly excited to see who he was.

 

                "Min Yoongi-ssi!" she called out to the now pink-haired man who was walking at the opposite direction. She waved her hand to him as he turned around to see who called. "Here! It's me, Wendy." Wendy ran towards him. Yoongi smiled as soon as he recognized her.

 

                "Hey great to see you again. What are you doing here?" he said with his hands inside his pocket.

 

                "Oh, we are trainees here. The five of us. How about you?" Wendy was very happy to see Yoongi. During the short time they were together in the Philippines, although she first found Yoongi to be quite cold and harsh with his words, she later on got used to him and developed a slight crush on the man.

 

                "I just came to meet someone I know. Anyway, were you about to buy something?" said the pale guy.

 

                "Ah, nae. I was about to buy some drinks for the girls in the vending machine," said Wendy as she pointed out the vending machine a few steps away from them. "Wait, I need to get their.." Wendy turned around but Yoongi suddenly grabbed her hands making her turn back to him.

 

                "No, it's on me. Let's go to the restaurant outside and buy your lunch instead." he started walking while pulling Wendy with him.

 

                "Wait, gwaenchanayo. Really, Yoongi-ssi, we're fine. You don't need to do this," said the flustered Wendy.

 

                "Aniyo, I'll be seriously disappointed if you turn this down," Yoongi said, trying to do some aegyo to her. It was weird coming from someone with that cold and fierce energy but was enough to make Wendy go weak in the knees.

 

                "Oh, okay. If you insist," she surrendered. The two walked out of the building to the nearest restaurant. Wendy started chatting as soon as they got out of the counter and waited for their order. "So, is your friend also a trainee here?"

 

                "Well, I guess you can think of it that way," Yoongi smiled. "You might actually know him." He tapped his fingers on the table and hummed a tune. Wendy stared at him, admiring his features.

 

                "So who is he? I might actually know where to find him." Wendy placed her arms on the table to face him properly.

 

                "No need to tell you now. We'll get to see him when we get back." He smiled mysteriously.

 

                "So much for the suspense, Yoongi-ssi," Wendy commented. They both laughed and soon after, their order came and they walked back to Starlight Bldg.

 

                "Come on. Just tell me who he is." Wendy was so curious as to who this friend is.

 

                "Whoa! I can't believe you are so impatient. Can't you wait until we get to the building?" Yoongi was so amused at the girl. He suddenly asked her a question out of the blue. "So, how is your friend, Irene?"

 

                "Yah, you didn't even ask me how I was when we met a while ago?" said Wendy in a joking manner. "Anyway, Eonnie's doing fine. She busying herself with our debut now, getting a little stricter with us. "They turned to one aisle and later found themselves standing in front of Red Velvet's dance practice room. "Stay here," Wendy ordered Yoongi.

 

                "Hey, what took you so long?" Seulgi asked as soon as she saw Wendy enter the practice room. She walked towards her and asked for her drink.

 

                "Wait right there. I can explain." Wendy ran out of their practice room and waved at Yoongi to come and join them.

 

                "Yoongi-ssi!"

 

                "Yoongi-oppa!"

 

                "Min Yoongi-ssi!"

 

                Everyone ran to him and Wendy, excited about the idea of him appearing in front of them. They were so happy to see him in the building.

 

                "Wow, I can't believe we'd be seeing you here. It's great to see you again," said Joy.

 

                "Yeah, I was actually surprised to see him a while ago. He said he was meeting a friend here," Wendy told the group.

 

                "Oh, jinjja? Nuguseyo, Oppa?" asked Yeri.

 

                "You'll find out later. He said he'll come here in your practice room in a few while," Yoongi said. He then raised the things he was holding in his hands. "So, who wants to have some lunch?"

 

                "Me!" The girls all raised their hands in glee. They helped him with the things and placed it on a table. Together they had lunch. Irene looked at Yoongi, thinking whether she could ask him about Jin.

 

                "Uhm, Yoongi-ssi, can I ask how is Jin doing?" she said, with a few pauses in the middle, probably a bit shy to ask.

 

                "Oh, Jin. He's doing well. He's quite busy with company work," he simply said.

 

                "Oh, that's great. Say Hi to him for me then," Irene reluctantly added.

 

                "Oh I might not need to do that though," he said so silently, they didn't get to catch what he was saying. Wendy was a bit close though.

 

                "What was that?"

 

                "Huh, nothing."

 

                "You added something though."

 

                Thankfully, Yoongi's phone rang, giving him an excuse to leave the room.

 

                "Hey, man. Sorry if I am taking so long to get up there. I met Wendy by the vending machine," he said through the phone.

 

                "Ah, really? Great then. No need for you to get up here. We'll meet you there," said the male voice in the other line.

 

JINWOO'S POV

 

                I walked through the building's aisle heading to my office when suddenly, I was stopped by an arm. It was Kim Joonmyeon, my ambitious cousin.

 

                "So, it was Heeyeon, then? I was completely clueless about that. If I had known better, I would have asked for her hand in marriage before you even did. I always had a thing for her eversince." Joonmyeon smirked.

 

                "Well, I guess there is nothing you can do about it. We're already married," I said. My whole body burned with anger. This guy, even when he is my cousin, was someone I will never trust with anything. I walked sideways and forward to head to my office when he said something.

 

                "You better treat her right or else I might just take her away from you. The way I see it, she isn't happy with you. Is this just all for business? You'll do anything for business, huh, Kim Jinwoo. I'm impressed," Joonmyeon laughed and continued walking ahead to his office, leaving me annoyed.

 

                I went in my office and closed the blinds. I threw my suitcase on the sofa, dropped my body on my swivel chair and loosened my necktie. No way, Joonmyeon, will I let you get this company my Father worked hard for.

 

                I looked at the portrait hung on the wall. It's the wedding picture of me and Heeyeon. I secretly hope that would have been me and Irene. Everything would have been easier, a lot better but I'm already here and there is no turning back now. Should I accept the fact that Irene and I are not really meant to be with each other? That I should be with Heeyeon after all? It's really difficult to decide now but all I know is I should keep Heeyeon as far away from Joonmyeon as possible.

 

NO ONE'S POV

 

                "Ah, really? Great then. No need for you to get up here. We'll meet you there," Jin said through his phone. He put his phone in his pocket and picked up his coat from his seat.

 

                "Let's go?" said an excited man who was sitting in front of his office table said. It was Hoseok together with his co-choreographer Bomi.

 

                "Nae, Kaja." The three of them walked out of Jin's office and passed by Starlight Ent.'s President, Jin's father. Together they walked up to Red Velvet's dance practice room.

 

                At the Red Velvet's practice room...

 

                "Girls, get ready. President Kim is heading here already with his son and your new dance choreographers." It was Gyuri-eonnie, Red Velvet's manager.

 

                "Ah, nae, eonnie," said Irene. Just at the same time, Yoongi’s phone sounded.

 

                "Oh, my friend texted. He said he is also headed towards your practice room," he said.

 

                "Well, that's cool. He could greet the president once he gets here," Wendy said.

 

            A few moments later, the door to the practice room opened, showing the tall figure of the company’s president. He was a good-looking, middle-aged man in his 50’s. They all bowed to him as he entered the room and gave him their greetings.

 

            “Hello, everyone. I’m glad to see you are all working hard. And, why, hello there, Yoongi!” President Kim said as soon as he laid is eyes on the man. “Great to see you again. And why are you here in our Red Velvet’s training room?”

 

            “Oh, yeah, about that, Samchon,” Yoongi started but was cut off by Joy.

 

            “You know our President, Yoongi-ssi?” she asked. Yoongi just answered with a smile.

 

            “Ah, Yoongi is one of my son’s best friends and is like a son to me,” the President said. “And he is also one of our new producers here. And also, about my son!” The President clapped his hands and called his son and two other people into the dance practice room.

 

            “Girls, I’d like you to meet Jung Hoseok and Yoon Bomi, your choreographers and my son, the future president of this company…”

 

            The girls were surprised to see who it was, most especially, Irene. “Kim Seokjin,” she said.

 

***

Hello Everyone! I know I haven’t been active lately. Please forgive me. I hope you all like my recent updates, Chapter 7 and 8. I’ll try my best to be more active. Please understand. Kamsahamnida!