CHAPTER 12- SCHEMES

SUMMER FEVER (A Red Velvet-BTS- Winner Story)

CHAPTER 12- SCHEMES

 

HANI'S POV

 

            I walked towards the meeting room. Today we will be meeting with Alex and the whole of Red Velvet.

 

            "Good morning, Heeyeon-ah." An unusually sweet voice said. I looked to my side to find Joonmyeon walking beside me.

 

            "Oh hi Joonmyeon-ah."

 

            "Glad to know you are finally working with us. So, what's with this deal with a rookie girl group you and Jinwoo came up with?" he said.

 

            I didn't mind answering Joonmyeon. I wasn't in the best mood to be dealing with him when I know pretty well he'd sabotage anything that Jinwoo might do.

 

            "Wow, so silent, aren't we Heeyeon-ah? Well, I wonder why it seems like instead of keeping your enemy away from Jinwoo, you seem to be pulling her closer," Joonmyeon said slyly.

 

            I stared at him. "What do you mean?"

 

            "Oh, don't act as if you don't know what I mean Heeyeon. I have my sources so I know what's going on with Jinwoo, even if he tries to keep it." He paused for a while and gave a smirk, seemingly satisfied with himself. "I have a great idea for this deal, and I think you'll like it."

 

            "I don't want any of your dirty tricks, Joonmyeon," I snarled, trying to keep my voice down.

 

            "Dirty, huh? Let's see. You might not just say no to this." He open the door, gesturing me to come in first. I sighed deep and went in. Jinwoo was already there. I took my seat on his right side.

 

            "They are on their way up, Sir," Jinwoo's secretary said.

 

            "Ok, please lead them here." His secretary bowed and left for Alex's group. Jinwoo turned to me and spoke, "I'm expecting a lot from you as the new head of the Advertising Department, Heeyeon-ah." Even when he did this he kept his head down, scanning some documents in front of him.

 

            I was about to speak when Joonmyeon butted in. "That's interesting. Why does it seem like you are so awkward around each other? Or to say it better, Jinwoo acts so cold towards you, Heeyeon-ah?" Damn this Joonmyeon. The other stockholders looked at us.

 

            "Kim Joonmyeon-ssi, we can't be showy when we are in the office, right? That would not look good. I hope you see my point," I said. Some BODs nodded in agreement. I turned my head towards the door as I saw it opening. Red Velvet came in accompanied by Alex. We stood up as they came up in front.

 

            "Annyeonghaseyo, Red Velvet-imnida."

 

            "Good day everyone, I'm Alex Kim." He walked forward as members of the board greeted him.

 

            "Wow, even Starlight's son is also really handsome," commented one of the board members. "I guess it just runs in the genes," he added as he pointed at his cousins Jinwoo and Joonmyeon.

 

            "Ah, thank you Mr. Han," Alex said.

 

            "Anyway, why don't we all have a seat?" I invited. Alex let the girls sit first. I watched them go to their seats and turned my head as I looked at Jinwoo. His eyes followed Irene who was keeping hers away from him.

 

            I cleared my throat to catch their attention. Jinwoo broke his stare from Irene and looked to my direction. I explained to them why I brought them here. About the ad campaign of the mall and how Red Velvet's concept as fresh teens would highly impact the company.

 

            "So can we meet each of you? Your names please," I said.

 

            ""Good day everyone, I'm Yeri, the maknae," she started followed by the other members. The last one to introduce herself was...

 

            "Hello, I'm Bae Joohyun. My stage name is Irene and I'm the leader of Red Velvet. Uhm, we would like to thank you for trusting us with this project."

 

            All the Board Members seem satisfied with the ideas. A lot of suggestions came in on how the mall should be promoted, how Red Velvet should also be promoted when out of the blue, Joonmyeon dropped a bomb.

 

            "I have an idea, since we are absolutely doing a media play, the mere fact that we are using a rookie girl group to promote, why don't we add a little bit of twist to it?" I stared in surprise at Joonmyeon. What is he up to this time?

 

JINWOO'S POV

 

            I can't keep my eyes off of her. She's gotten a lot more beautiful with her brown hair. They must have had it colored for the promotions of the mall. She sat beside my cousin who was intently listening to the Board Members.

 

            My attention was suddenly caught when Joonmyeon spoke of his idea.

 

            "I have an idea, since we are absolutely doing a media play, the mere fact that we are using a rookie girl group to promote, why don't we add a little bit of twist to it?" he said.

 

            "What are you trying to say?" Alex said.

 

            "What are you talking about?" I said together with Alex. No way, this Joonmyeon is scheming something new now.

 

            "Well, I was thinking, why don't we keep one of your members hidden? It's to perk up people's interest. To the mall and to the group themselves. What do you think?" Everyone kept silent. The Board Members talked among themselves. I thought about about it to as I joined them.

 

            "I guess it wouldn't be fair if one of the members do not gain attention from the people," I said, knowing Suho has a motive behind this. We continued debating about the idea on how they should be shown to the public. I watch Suho as he enjoyed the view in front of him. He's trying to catch me off guard. He is also watching over Heeyeon. He surely knows something is up.

 

          “I actually do not think she will not gain attention from the people. It’s more on… Hmmm…. Should we say, Reverse Psychology?” he said, obviously amused. “People will dig up more on who is this girl? What does she look like? What’s her… Secret?”

 

            "So who do you think should be the member we need to keep hidden?" asked one of the BOD’s.

 

            Joonmyeon gave off a slight smile. "Well, who do you suggest, Heeyeon-ah?"

                       

                                                ************

 

            "What were you thinking about?!" I half screamed at Heeyeon.

 

          “It’s for the promotions of the mall, Jinwoo. I don’t see anything wrong with Joonmyeon’s suggestions.” She continued, as she walked in their house.

 

          “And don’t you see that we are promoting the whole team? Why should we hide one member here? And most especially their leader!” I half-shouted at her. I didn’t mean to, but I couldn’t help it.

 

          She turned to me. Anger was welling up, I can see it but I didn’t even care. “What are you so angry about, Jinwoo? You think I am doing it to get back at Irene? Let me tell you, Kim Jinwoo, I was not the one who chose her to be the hidden member of the group. The Board did. If you are so against it from the start, why did you not speak up? So that you could get back at me and Joonmyeon? So that you could have more reasons to hate on me? Well, let me tell you again Kim Jinwoo, I did not choose her. By now, Joonmyeon already knows there is something between you and that girl. It’s only a matter he can dig more into it and see things clearly. You better find more ways to protect your ex, she might not stay in the industry long enough for her to be more well-known if a scandal between you two breaks up.”

 

          “Is that what you are waiting to happen?” I wasn’t able to contain myself. I was just so mixed up right now, maybe I wasn’t thinking straight.

 

          “Is that how evil you think I am? We are childhood friends, Jinwoo. I can’t even believe you can think of me that way. I was hoping at least a little part of you still thinks of me in a good way, but I guess you don’t.” She turned around and walked up the stairs to her room. I myself could not believe I said that to her. So much of me wants to protect Irene, I forgot I also have Heeyeon that I need to protect from everyone who might want to break or use her in the company.

 

IRENE’S POV

 

          “I’ll talk with Caleb about this one,” Jin said.

 

          “Ani, gwaenchanayo.” I held his arm to calm him down. He was gripping too tightly on the steering wheel. “I don’t really mind. And if you look at it, maybe their plan will work.”

 

          Jin loosened up upon hearing me. “I was just worried because you were so silent. So that is your stand. Okay. I don’t really trust Joonmyeon, but Heeyeon, yes I do trust her though.”

 

          A few days after the meeting, I spent most of my days in the dance studio together with Bomi and J-Hope doing the choreo for our debut single and showcase. Besides that, I go to school to finish our projects. Only Chaerin and the school staff knows about me being a trainee. I have one problem though, Choi Jinri.

 

          Jinri is also a trainee in Starlight Ent. Like me. We started at almost the same time as trainees in the company but I was chosen to debut earlier than her. Well, we don’t have the best relationship there is compared to the others. I don’t know why but even when I tried my best, she has a bad blood on me.

 

          “Wow, I see that you are doing your best even when your schedule is hectic, don’t you Bae Joohyun?” she snarled as I passed by her. I tried not to really mind her but she took it wrongly.

 

          “And seems you got some attitude now that you are debuting, so much for being Mr. Kim’s favorite, don’t we Bae Joohyun?” She said, her voice filled with malice.

 

          “I am not acting up like some diva, Jinri. I’m sorry if it seems like that to you. And please, I am not Mr. Kim’s favorite,” I tried to clarify.

 

          “So, if you are not his favorite, maybe you seduced his son, seeing how close you are with him.” A mocking laugh came out of her, as if challenging me. I was at the height of my annoyance to her but I didn’t want her to get the better of me. I looked at my friend, Chaerin who seems like she will jump on her anytime now.

 

          “You crazy bi….” Chaerin started. She was about to pounce on Jinri, when suddenly, a tall, fair skinned, handsome student walked in between us, with a school map in his hand, looking like he was lost. He had a clueless look on his face as he looked from left to right. To our side and Jinri’s side.

 

          “Yah!” Jinri shouted at him. He almost jumped backwards in shock at Jinri’s reaction, blinking twice. “Don’t you see someone’s talking?!”

 

          “Joeseonghaeyo” he said as he bowed to them. Jinri and her girls left the scene, annoyed but I can’t help but notice that her friends keep staring back at the lost boy.

 

          He turned to our side, and flashed us a bright smile. A very bright one indeed.

 

          “Whoa! He is good looking,” I heard Chaerin comment under her breath.

 

          “Annyeong! I think I’m lost. I am looking for the Department of Film and Musical Studies.”

 

          Chaerin and I just stared at him. “Is he some kind of a commercial model for a toothpaste brand?” Chaerin asked out of the blue. I can understand her. He does have a perfect set of teeth paired up with yeah, what the heck.

 

          “By the way, I am new student here.” He held out his hand to me and Chaerin. “My name is Park Bogum.”

 

 

*******

          Hello everyone! After such a long time, here is an update. Sorry for keeping you wait but for some time now, I lost inspiration and had to go looking for it (searches the ground keke). I did my best to rack my brains and give you another chapter. I hope you like it! And Yes! I added Bogum in the story. Wonder what his role will be.... =)

 

Please comment my lovely readers! I would really want to know what you think about this lately. KAMSAHAMNIDA!