08 Eighth Letter

Unknown Romeo [indefinite hiatus]

Minho hid behind a column just in front of Krystal’s locker. He could see her putting a letter into her locker, slamming it shut then walked away to most likely look for him.

Seeing that the girl has walked away, he came out from his hiding spot and walked up to her locker and put in her combination. To his surprise, it was still locked. He tried again a couple of times before giving up. Since when did his little Krystal hide things from him? He was offended but not angered.

Minho turned around walking towards the direction Krystal went, only to see Jonghyun casually strolling down the corridor, turning heads of all the girls. Closely behind him was the Taelli couple hand in hand whispering sweet nothings into each other’s ears.

“I wanna puke.” Was the first thing Jonghyun said to Minho.

“They’re sweet. C’mon, you were like that too.” He replied.

His bling bling friend scoffed. “That was in middle school, everyone was like that.”

Walking up from behind him Key jumped out and clung onto Minho’s shoulders “BOO!”

Minho casually turned around and acted to be scared sarcastically “Ahh, I’m so scared.”

Key let out a small pout and slapped Minho across the head; “Yah… You just looked stressed.”

“Thanks but no thanks.” Minho brushed off the issue and returned his attention to Jonghyun to continue their conversation about whatever.

Key sighed at the lack of enthusiasm from his fellow bandmates.

He was left alone again. Taemin with Sulli. Jonghyun with Minho. Onew with Luna. And him? With his credit card.

He’ll just go shopping alone again, he thought he had such a depressing life.

Key continued looking at the floor in front of him until he was greeted by a sweet voice.

“Key-oppa? Ahh you look so down!” he looked up to see a bright smiling face of a girl named Krystal.

He gave her a sheepish smile and flung his arm onto her shoulder. Krystal looked around at the other girls seeing as they were giving her daggers she walked closer to Key. She was totally enjoying the moment.

“Does Krystal want to go shopping with me today?” He raised up the invitation casually as if not talking to her.

“I think I might want to go shopping with Key-oppa today.” She grinned, and then muttered “I have nothing better to do anyway.” Hearing this, a smile grew on Key’s face. He could always count on Krystal to be his friend.

“The winter sale is on now, you know?” he told his beloved friend.

“Jinjja!? But it’s only… oh it’s the 3rd week of November already… That’s fast.” She was now talking to herself.

Key looked at her adoringly before patting her head gently. She always has this special thing about her actions that never fail to make him smile.

Both of them continued their way to the mall casually with no rush.

[At the mall]

“Omo, oppa! You should buy that!” Krystal’s eyes widened as Key walked out of the fitting room in jeans.

“You think so? I like it too but it’s… too small.” He smiles sheepishly. “Can you check the size for me?” he asked turning around.

Krystal hesitantly nodded and got up and approached him. She took hold of the edge of the jeans and flipped it up. “S. Try M?” she suggested walking back to her seat.

“But… I always wear S!!” Key groaned as he grabbed the size M from beside Krystal. “I’ll have to go on a diet.” He sighed.

Krystal giggled and went to the rails to look for her own stuff. Maybe she’ll get some new shoes, though she just got one last 2 months ago. She didn’t want to spend too much. Walking along the shelves of shoes, shoes and more shoes, none of them caught her eye. Not until she came across these wonderful pair of Dr Martein boots.  She gasps as she approached to check the price. They were sleek black with yellow sewing. Moreover, they were for woman!

She has been looking for original Dr Martein boots for women for… forever! And here they were in front of her.  

“Yeah, thanks for leaving me.” Key came up from behind and said sarcastically.

“Ah… Sorry.” Krystal said dreamily. Her eyes were fixed on the pair of boots, and she sighed.

Key turned to the staff and said “Please can we try it in the size 5.” Putting 5 digits up to show her.

Krystal turned around ready to tell the staff not to when Key cut in and said “Think it as a Christmas present.” And smiled at her.

“But… they were…”breaking into a smile; “Thank you!” and hugged her tightly.

“Just don’t expect another present for Christmas.” Key laughed hugging her back in respond.

 

A few hours later after shopping, Key had dropped Krystal off at home. She giddily skipped into the house hugging her box of brand new Dr Marteins.

“I’m homeeee.” She shouted in a sing-along tune.

“Krystal, why are you home so late?” Victoria shouted from the kitchen.

“Mianhaeyo, I was shopping with Key.” She answered and ran towards the kitchen, only to be met by a frowning Minho.

“Oh hey,  Minho. What chu doing here?” she asked innocently.

“Waiting for you.” He replied coldly. He had been so worried when he went back home alone and phoned up the f(x) dorm to find out that Krystal still wasn’t home.

“Ah, mianhae. Stay for supper.” She invited. Bringing up the box of Dr Marteins up.

“Look, Key bought it for me.” She grinned playfully. At that every moment Amber came walking ito the room.

“Aren’t they expensive though?” she asked while eating a bar of chocolate.

“He said it’s my Christmas present.” Her  smile widened even more as she took them out of the box.

“He probably has a thing for you.” Amber teased, examining the boots. This made blood rush up to Krystal’s face as she undid the laces.

“No, he doesn’t.” Minho butted into their conversation coldly. Krystal’s head snapped towards Minho.

“Mister. What is up with you today? If you’re going to be like this just go home already.” Her face was starting to warm up as anger built inside her. It wasn’t exactly anger, to be honest. She was just annoyed with him. Sure, he was nice and caring to her, but she wasn’t 3 years old anymore. She was turning 18 soon! Shouldn’t it be fine now for someone to like her, for her to date?

To everyone’s surprise Minho got up and left the dorm silently not turning back. After he muttered a “thanks for the tea.” And closed the door behind him, Krystal let out a heavy sigh.

A pang of guilt went through her, was she too harsh on him when he was just being protective. Then she reminded herself that he was being “over”protective and it annoyed her to no ends.

 

Saying so, she turned back to admire her new boots and continued to converse with Amber care-freely. Little did  she know that the guy that went out the door was now sitting in a cafe alone in deep thoughts about how he felt towards his bestfriend. He didn't understand himself too, the reason behind why he got so worked up about Key liking Krystal. Though it was pretty obvious to himself, and everyone else, that he did not ship KeyStal one bit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello again my friends ^^

here is your somewhat over due update orz

im so sorry... i really don't know where this fic is going too... major writer's block...

i think i know what im gonna write next...